It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age UK: 50,000 elderly in England have died waiting for social care package

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yeah because when Britain becomes like a third world country, which it will do, poor people will have to live as the poor in a third world country do. Aka no NHS no welfare just charities.

The rich will live in their gated communities with their private security to protect them.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Yeah because when Britain becomes like a third world country, which it will do, poor people will have to live as the poor in a third world country do. Aka no NHS no welfare just charities.

The rich will live in their gated communities with their private security to protect them.

Wake me up when any of this happens. Do you have nothing better to do than post this nonsense?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Just to clarify I didn’t mean the U.K. economy as whole becoming like a third world country, what I mean is we already have gated communities with private security, we already have food banks, a failing nhs, zero hour contracts and benefits sanctions.
You yourself have pointed out we have an ageing population and something needs to be done to address it. Someone else pointed out we don’t have the money to pay for it all. Never mind another financial collapse looming from yet another housing bubble...

Then there are parts of the U.K. that are already like the third world. I can see a return to Dickensian times coming for sure.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Ah, I see. Thanks. Apologies - I wrongly assumed that you were one of our American friends coming on here to tell us where we were going wrong.
Sorry.

There have always been parts of the UK that are like the Third World:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

There's no financial or economic reason for austerity.
All it has done is make things harder for literally millions of people, the vast majority of whom are amongst the most vulnerable and needy in our society.

I've witnessed first hand the adverse effects of austerity; its not nice when its your own family and close friends who are suffering.

I understand that I may be in the minority, but I firmly believe that the long term aim of The Conservative Party is to take us back to something akin Victorian times.

I don't support a complete re-distribution of wealth.
We need competition and its important that inventiveness, initiative and shear bloody hard work are rewarded.
But there is such a massive disparity in our society and that disparity is increasing, partially due to austerity.

Sorry I might not be able to reply much in the next few days; got a lot on and for a change the sun is shining and beer gardens are looking very inviting.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Is the NHS failing though? Every political party claims it is when in opposition, every government claims it isn't.

Based on facts alone NHS spending is up year on year, cancer survival rates are up, there are more effective treatments available, etc.

Emergency Departments are under stress at certain times but that has far more to do with idiots turning up for things that we used to go to the doctors for.......

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Forced austerity is a social engineering tool designed for class war.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I understand that I may be in the minority, but I firmly believe that the long term aim of The Conservative Party is to take us back to something akin Victorian times.

I just don't buy into this "evil Tories sending children up chimneys thing". Why would anyone want to do that? It's just bonkers.

Anyways, I got nothing on as am off tomorrow and the beer garden - in my case beer in our garden (or possibly cider) - is indeed calling to me very seductively. Resistance is futile.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Well, a load of very vulnerable people are dying and not receiving proper care or aid.

If that's not failing i don't know what is.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's Grim up North!

edit on 27/6/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Aye, 'appen it is. But you try telling that t' youth of today an' they won't believe you.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Life in The Home Counties and leafy suburbs is a million miles away from the realities of life in most urban areas and the hinterlands.

However, on the plus side the Mrs is off on holiday tomorrow with the daughter and grandson.

Now what sort of shenanigans can someone who delights in mischief get up to?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It both could and should be so much better mate.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Bluntone22

The thing is, this is due to 'austerity' cuts in social care which has resulted in the most vulnerable and needy in our society being deliberately targeted.
The simple fact is that if funded and managed correctly this wouldn't happen.

Austerity has been nothing but the pursuit of a political ideology rather than a financial necessity and as a direct result millions have suffered....all whilst the most wealthy in the UK are getting richer and richer.

I'm not sure that you fully understand what "austerity" is. Austerity is the UK government trying not to spend more money that it has. UK incomes have gone down, so tax income has gone down, the UK government has less money so it has to send less.

Where do you think all of this money comes from?

It comes from taxes. If the UK government wants more money it has to take it away from the people first. You take from one person in order to give it to another. Usually the middle classes.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the Blair administration not the current government. They massively over spent, and borrowed more money than they could afford, and when the economy went south the money ran out and they didn't have sufficient reserves.

The current UK government would love to spend big on everything, and buy peoples votes, but they can't without bankrupting the country and leaving it vulnerable if there were another ressesion.

Yes, the rich get richer. That''s true EVERYWHERE. No country has ever solved this problem. Not even Communist Russia and China managed it. What are you going to do, Tax the rich till the pipe squeak? I think that I've heard that somewhere before. It didn't end well.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

77 people a day isn't very many for a population the size of the UK. It's actually quite shocking how low that number is. Compared to countries lie the US 77 a day is absolutely fantastic. The UK should be appliauded for keeping the numbers under 100. That's quite an achievement. Imagine if the US could do something similar as a percentage of its population.

I have every sympathy for those who died and those who lost loved ones, but please dont make out that these figures are extrodinary.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

And the Suns out tae.

Anything can happen! LoL

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Life in The Home Counties and leafy suburbs is a million miles away from the realities of life in most urban areas and the hinterlands.

However, on the plus side the Mrs is off on holiday tomorrow with the daughter and grandson.

Wiltshire is neither Home Counties or a leafy suburb, though.

Still, English born and bred. Southern English, by the grace of God.

I'm sure that you don't need any suggestions from me about what shenanigans you might get up to.

I dare say will be involved.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Take some engine apart and leave it disassembled in the kitchen, complete with oil spills.....and make you sure you are conveniently in the pub for their return home.......
edit on 27-6-2019 by Flavian because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If he does that I guarantee he will be left with one grub screw and a small spring left over after he's put it back together and will be scratching his head wondering if they were important.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: uncommitted

Oh, take the Tory penis out your mouth uncommitted.

Your not making any sense. LoL

Fact is it's a national health service, not an English, Irish, Scottish, or Welsh service.

Without Hospitals in England, my brother may not have received a new heart.

Hospitals that he has to attend each month for the rest of his life.

So i think i might have an opinion on the subject, i know he sure does.

My penis doesn't vote thanks, but it has no particular party affiliation, like the rest of me. The NHS spending in Wales and Scotland is devolved from Westminster - did you seriously not know that?

I'd like to think you actually do and are pretending otherwise for reasons best known to yourself, but I could of course be wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join