It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified - Inside America's UFO Investigation - series on History Channel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The series overall is good. For me, the best episode was with Lt Graves and Lt Accoin. Both are still active duty fighter pilots. While I was already familiar with both of these pilots there was definitely a lot more commentary and detail and IMO this is one of the most important episodes for a few reasons. It's also one that puzzles me and I will explain more on this later.

The extended commentary from both pilots shows no attempt to deceive. They don't go into some grandiose recount as if they are trying to convince anyone. They are simply recounting their experiences. The encounters occurred regularly over a 6-7 month period and were experienced by a large number of other fighter pilots. This is significant. Very significant. Graves was able to get Accoin to go public and by his account he was able to get a few others to go public but they ultimately changed their minds. The fact that both of these pilots are still active duty is huge and is being overlooked by many as vitally important.

It also says a lot that Graves and Accoin filed an official safety report with the US Navy. They were smart to have the event "officially" on record and they were smart to go public with the events as well. Now that the episode has aired my hopes are many more of the pilots who also experienced the same phenomena will come forward.

Graves also references these same objects re-appeared with their squadron a few months later after they deployed to the Middle East. WTF?! This one threw me for a loop. It's logical to consider a foreign military with advanced drone capability able to conduct surveillance on the training exercises of US forces. This happens more than we know and it's a plausible explanation. However, to actually know where in the Middle East that same squadron is conducting their operations is what I find "almost" impossible to explain away.

The one statement Graves and Accoin both made that puzzled me as much as it did them was the fact that nothing was done or said once they officially reported the event. They make an excellent point if there is something (foreign military or not) capable of conducting the maneuvers / actions as these objects did and were able to do so at will one would think this would be a high priority for our higher command to understand what exactly it is. Yet no one came to them to discuss the events or conducted an investigation.

Clearly both pilots are thought of highly enough and considered to be both mentally capable and sound because they were deployed to an active combat zone in the Middle East flying $70 million fighter jets. If the higher command thought either of them were a risk due to their report then these guys would be pushing papers somewhere. But they aren't.

The last episode where Graves and undisclosed others go before Congress is telling as well. Clearly someone somewhere inside the military wants this (the phenomena) to be known and discussed. I don't for once second believe there is not a hidden agenda in all of this. I've said it many times before in other threads that we aren't asking the right questions. Something of significance is going on and an agenda is being pushed. What that agenda is appears to be the acknowledgement of a UAP phenomena. Why it is being pushed is what is puzzling. For 50 years the US government has denied the existence of the phenomena. Now in the last 2 years we have mainstream media openly discussing the phenomena on every major mainstream news channel at the prime time viewing hours. AATIP has been exposed, TTSA was formed, the US Navy comes out with a new directive for active duty personnel to report the phenomena, the US Navy publishes a patent for what equates to the TR3B, the History Channel has this series, etc, etc.

Even if a person is a skeptic about the phenomena the fact remains there is an agenda being pushed. Why now? What is the motivating factor? What is the end game? I don't know the answers but it sure is an interesting time right now.
edit on 6-7-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The only episode that was not really good was the Rendelsham forest episode, most of the others were good, I don't like the fact they are kinda pushing the "these things are hostile" angle.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Great points !!
Excellent post. I agree episode 4 was the best. The rest was ok.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've only seen one episode but I thought it was entertaining - albeit a little sensationalized at times for me - but a good platform to put this subject in front of the masses.

You can tell History is really looking to capitalize on the uptick in UAP interest of late - which I don't really have a problem with. More eyes looking into this subject the better IMO. If you try to watch old episodes of the show on OnDemand they are pretty spendy.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Thanks much for your post. I agree with you on this. It didn't occur to me until I saw your post that they may be pushing an agenda. But seeing your post, I can see where that may be happening. I think some of the PTB in our government are very frightened about all of this. They can't explain it away easily, and more and more very credible sightings are taking place. This isn't something they can continue to sweep under the rug.

So we will see. I'm captivated by all of this and hope progress is made.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Thanks much for your post. I agree with you on this. It didn't occur to me until I saw your post that they may be pushing an agenda. But seeing your post, I can see where that may be happening. I think some of the PTB in our government are very frightened about all of this. They can't explain it away easily, and more and more very credible sightings are taking place. This isn't something they can continue to sweep under the rug.

So we will see. I'm captivated by all of this and hope progress is made.

The biggest indicator something is going on is when pilots who fly $70M fighter jets are saying there are craft (terrestrial or not) that enter our protected airspace and do as they please and no one in the higher commands actively investigates it.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

just my two cents, but the only "agenda" I see being pushed is Navy Pilots and others are seeing things that they clearly cannot explain. There are only two options, either these are from a foreign power, which is possible, but I doubt or these are extra terrestrial, which personally I see as more likely. The agenda is to try to get to the bottom of what these are, and where they are from.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

just my two cents, but the only "agenda" I see being pushed is Navy Pilots and others are seeing things that they clearly cannot explain. There are only two options, either these are from a foreign power, which is possible, but I doubt or these are extra terrestrial, which personally I see as more likely. The agenda is to try to get to the bottom of what these are, and where they are from.

But WHO do we believe? As you probably know, in-fighting has already begun among witnesses - according to Zondo's star witness David ("If I didn't see it, it didn't happen") Fravor, Kevin Day is making his entire story up, rendering episode 2 immediately useless. Even George Knapp was nodding alongside Fravor, agreeing there was so much BS going around. However, host Jeremy Corbell quickly edited out Fravor's comments from the video of the event to keep the screaming Young Gun fans of TTSA on their side.

The Rendlesham Forest case in episode 5 was ineptly and deceitfully mangled from start to finish, leaving John Burroughs thoroughly disillusioned and suspicious of TTSA's motives as he packed in ufology for good. Poor old Jim Penniston's own major incident on Night One was struck from history, but even worse, TTSA transplanted Penniston into ANOTHER Sergeant's boots on Night Three as simply a gawping bystander. So don't expect Jim to be sending Zondo a Xmas card.

Even by episode 6, Delonge was aggravating the Italian contingent with his outrageous Tweet claims of a helicopter being "shot down by a UFO" (eliciting a shocked Italian response of "Whadda da hell issa thissa Delonge signore saying?!!") when the truth was far more mundane in a 2004 case that basically involved a small team of arsonists lighting fires in the region.

As Zondo fed a pseudo-tearful Delonge (a terrible actor in a parade of terrible actors) the Season Finale's climatic news that pilots are to be given fresh guidelines for reporting "UAPs" (just as I imagine EVERY civilised country has such guidelines updated regularly for national security), the viewer is left with a rather empty feeling of: "Erm, yeah... AND...???"

And nuthin'.

Even the TTSA Young Gun fans must have felt too deflated to reload their pistols for a shootin'-tootin' celebration... when there is nothing to celebrate as the D-Word (Disclosure) remains an annual myth.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I believe the Pilots.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head. That’s the most interesting thing about TTSA, the fact that it’s coming out is simultaneous with the new MSM positive press on UFOs.

It may be that the old timers who wanted to suppress are just gone now. Zondo mentioned a few religious fanatics in the military were holding up research. Maybe they’re gone or now rejected by the big boys. Or maybe it’s another exercise in disinformation in the millennial era. We don’t know yet for sure, but what is interesting and makes this different than other ufo research efforts is the media response.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was surprised there isn't more chatter about this series... I wasn't blown away with much new info, but it seemed solid.

The Italian info was novel... mild hostility or at least defensive actions, attempted contact, implication we tried to contact them (or know what it is and cannot say or similar) and a possible weakness vs depleted uranium.

Huh... also Elizondo saying the Italians might be further than the US is in figuring it out.

The fires and directed energy readings, some being traced to undersea areas, was a new admission, too.

All in all, it did have some interesting new info... maybe not new info, but to have "authorities" confirming this stuff is def new.

Dunno... most legit seeming discussion about UAPs in the media in a long time.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What?

Where and when did anyone say Kevin Day is lying?

Upon reading your post I hit Google Kevin day and Fravor and couldn't find a single instance where Fravor said Day was lying.

No articles, no Conspiracy sites,.no videos, no nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Every bit of what you wrote is either factually incorrect and / or taken out of context and mixed with your own words and then misrepresented. I'm all for an open debate but none of you deniers actually debate this topic. It's a non-stop barrage of half quoted / mixed words jumbled with your own innuendo and passed off as "facts".

You guys clearly got butt hurt somehow by Tom Delonge and Zondo considering the amount of time, effort, and energy you devote to trashing them. No one here is saying they are believing everything that's being put out yet the lot of the deniers somehow seem to think you are on to "the real truth". Yet to date I haven't seen a single plausible alter explanation for anything other than non-stop crying about how Jeremy Corbell, Tom DeLonge, and Zondo have somehow invaded your safe spaces and hurt your feelings.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

What?

Where and when did anyone say Kevin Day is lying?

Upon reading your post I hit Google Kevin day and Fravor and couldn't find a single instance where Fravor said Day was lying.

No articles, no Conspiracy sites,.no videos, no nothing.

That's because it never happened. See my post above for my explanation for CB and the rest of the disnifo safe spacers who all have hurt feelings from TTSA. Of course they will respond with more childish cries about how the rest of us believe anything and everything when to the contrary we are the only ones discussing the topic.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: data5091

But WHO do we believe? As you probably know, in-fighting has already begun among witnesses - according to Zondo's star witness David ("If I didn't see it, it didn't happen") Fravor, Kevin Day is making his entire story up, rendering episode 2 immediately useless. Even George Knapp was nodding alongside Fravor, agreeing there was so much BS going around. However, host Jeremy Corbell quickly edited out Fravor's comments from the video of the event to keep the screaming Young Gun fans of TTSA on their side.

The Rendlesham Forest case in episode 5 was ineptly and deceitfully mangled from start to finish, leaving John Burroughs thoroughly disillusioned and suspicious of TTSA's motives as he packed in ufology for good. Poor old Jim Penniston's own major incident on Night One was struck from history, but even worse, TTSA transplanted Penniston into ANOTHER Sergeant's boots on Night Three as simply a gawping bystander. So don't expect Jim to be sending Zondo a Xmas card.

Even by episode 6, Delonge was aggravating the Italian contingent with his outrageous Tweet claims of a helicopter being "shot down by a UFO" (eliciting a shocked Italian response of "Whadda da hell issa thissa Delonge signore saying?!!") when the truth was far more mundane in a 2004 case that basically involved a small team of arsonists lighting fires in the region.

As Zondo fed a pseudo-tearful Delonge (a terrible actor in a parade of terrible actors) the Season Finale's climatic news that pilots are to be given fresh guidelines for reporting "UAPs" (just as I imagine EVERY civilised country has such guidelines updated regularly for national security), the viewer is left with a rather empty feeling of: "Erm, yeah... AND...???"

And nuthin'.

Even the TTSA Young Gun fans must have felt too deflated to reload their pistols for a shootin'-tootin' celebration... when there is nothing to celebrate as the D-Word (Disclosure) remains an annual myth.

Uh, just no. Nothing in this post of yours makes any sense. These things you're talking about never happened. The sheer audacity of what you're saying boggles the mind. I believe you're making it up as it goes along. There are no actors here, only credible witnesses. I believe you're pushing an agenda of your own. Why all the hostility? Perhaps you're one of those PTB that feel threatened that the truth is starting to come out.

No, disclosure is not a myth. It is happening.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

well said my friend. I get rather tired frankly of some who want to completely take apart some ufo sightings, in this instance, the infamous Randlesham Forest sightings. I say again, why would anyone so high ranking in the military put their career on the line and lie about such an incident, if it did not happen. It makes no sense to me at all. Even Holt has said that bringing this incident forward was not "career enhancing." Maybe you can't dot all the "i"s or cross all the "t"s, but clearly, something monumental happened over the course of at least a couple of days back in 1980 at Rendlesham.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
No, disclosure is not a myth. It is happening.

I beg to differ. Nothing I've seen so far indicates that there is any kind of "disclosure" happening. In fact, the Navy issuing new guidelines for the handling of UAP reports seems to indicate that they want to clamp down on and control the information better. And this could be for some very ordinary military reasons such as not wanting people to spill the beans about any US black projects they might cross paths with.

Also, still no official announcement of anything. No official anything, really. If this is disclosure, then I guess we've been in disclosure for the past 50 years.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ChiefD:

...disclosure is not a myth. It is happening.

Of course disclosure isn't happening, you're just being made to feel that it is by those with vested interest in the ufo cottage industry. It's all soon, very soon, and you wait with baited breath for the slightest utterance of even more ufological teasers.

By all means, choose to believe what you want, but you are wrong. Nothing has been disclosed, just more anecdote and conjecture being lapped up by those listening to the stories. They are playing with you, appealing to your naivety and gullibility. Just snake-oil salesmen selling bottles of ufo fantasy for 5 bucks a whiff, and you seem to be buying cases of it.

I bet you even have the poster on a wall in your home...'I want to believe'.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I agree with all you posted, excepted this point:

Just snake-oil salesmen selling bottles of ufo fantasy for 5 bucks a whiff

TTSA latest share offering is a minimum investment of $350

so actually it's 350 bucks a whiff

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diaspar
a reply to: elysiumfire

I agree with all you posted, excepted this point:

Just snake-oil salesmen selling bottles of ufo fantasy for 5 bucks a whiff

TTSA latest share offering is a minimum investment of $350

so actually it's 350 bucks a whiff

Its an organisation, so of course they need , and will ask for funding, or sell stuff. Unless of course you believe they have a money tree in their garden, and should not have to ask for funding.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join