It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified - Inside America's UFO Investigation - series on History Channel

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I just got done watching episodes 7 and 8. Episode 7 dealt with some military veterans Lou Elizondo interviewed who claimed they had close encounters with UFO’s. The stories were pretty spooky, and sounded credible. There was lost time involved where when some of the people underwent hypnosis, they were able to fill in some of the gaps in time, and what they went through was horrifying. This entire episode made my hair stand up on end. Then Lou Elizondo talked to a psychologist from Harvard who stated in her opinion that some of these cases were classic examples of sleep paralysis. I really feel for people who have sleep paralysis. That has to be absolutely terrifying. I don’t believe all the stories on this episode were sleep paralysis though. It’s a compelling argument just the same.

Episode 8 dealt with a surge of sightings of mysterious objects, many of them orbs, that were seen in the year 2019. In several states such as Texas, California, North Carolina, and Colorado, there were multiple sightings of orbs, sometimes multiple orbs, some that had been filmed from cell phones. There are theories as to what some of these are. It’s thought that some of them may be advanced drones that the military is testing. But why would they be flying them over residential areas and farms? There are testing sites that are for this very thing, so I’m not so sure about that theory. Flares were brought up too. Lou Elizondo even went to a company in Colorado that manufactures drones that use something called swarm technology. That is when multiple drones fly guided by AI, that a few of them together can look like one solid object. It was a pretty fascinating demonstration.

They talked about how many of these sightings were near military installations, again bringing up national security concerns. There are so many drones, I can see where some may be mistaken for a UFO. Also, SpaceX launched 60 satellites in 2019, so there is a lot more space stuff flying around too. All in all, some pretty interesting and compelling stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Finally got to see the shows. Now I thought the first show that dealt with the sightings only was the better of the two. But two incidents stood out to me. First was the orange orbs out over the ocean off N. Carolina. I have heard about these and seen these lights mentioned before. The second incident that stood out was the sightings over Malstrom AFB, which I think were newer than the ones seen in the 60's. The ones seen in the 60's were red lights. These were flat out triangles.

Yeah, those orange ones were pretty compelling. They weren’t drones or flares.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I’m seeing comments here regarding TTSA and people being disinfo agents. Please stay on subject. This thread is regarding the series - not a debate about TTSA. Thank you.

Chris Mellon started disclosure isn’t an event, it is a process. Anyone who thinks disclosure will be this big event is kidding themselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
I’m seeing comments here regarding TTSA and people being disinfo agents. Please stay on subject. This thread is regarding the series - not a debate about TTSA. Thank you.

Chris Mellon started disclosure isn’t an event, it is a process. Anyone who thinks disclosure will be this big event is kidding themselves.

I get it you want this to be your thread you control but I was talking about statements Mellon made himself in the show so it is on topic. He tried to claim (like you) why would they fly secret programs over public space when they have test ranges. Then later in the show he says a lot of past UFO reports were actually secret programs that were being flown over public spaces. So which is it? This is basically two things, dis info or incompetency over his own theories and statements. I don't think he's incompetent. Trying to claim secret programs never leave the test range is just silly and he knows it but then he uses it as an excuse to claim any mysterious craft filmed over public area must be a UFO. Makes no sense.

Pointing out inconsistencies in the show is not off topic. It's important to be critical of this kind of info so what final evidence we have is credible. Besides, the season is over so we need something to talk about lol!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FishBait

originally posted by: ChiefD

I get it you want this to be your thread you control but I was talking about statements Mellon made himself in the show so it is on topic. He tried to claim (like you) why would they fly secret programs over public space when they have test ranges. Then later in the show he says a lot of past UFO reports were actually secret programs that were being flown over public spaces. So which is it? This is basically two things, dis info or incompetency over his own theories and statements. I don't think he's incompetent. Trying to claim secret programs never leave the test range is just silly and he knows it but then he uses it as an excuse to claim any mysterious craft filmed over public area must be a UFO. Makes no sense.

Pointing out inconsistencies in the show is not off topic. It's important to be critical of this kind of info so what final evidence we have is credible. Besides, the season is over so we need something to talk about lol!

You’re right. Makes total sense. I am too much of a control freak.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I can not endure the hideous, screeching, vocal fry from often female Americans (?) Why would any human talk on their vocal cords like the "expert" woman in series 2 episode 8?? She sounds to me like a "chipmunk", or a caricature of a human female. . .Obviously, I am Spanish (peninsula) but I can not endure the screeching "expert" in this series. Is she real? Or an AI construct?? Yet Elizondo nods his head as if it's all acceptable. I know many women from USA who do NOT make this sort of noise, so what is going on here? I do not mean to denigrate the speaker, but my ears can not endure her "voice". It is an auditory assault. (Perhaps because I am a musician??) I am willing to accept others' views, however.. . .

edit on 26-8-2020 by kiro8lak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak
I can not endure the hideous, screeching, vocal fry from often female Americans (?) Why would any human talk on their vocal cords like the "expert" woman in series 2 episode 8?? She sounds to me like a "chipmunk", or a caricature of a human female. . .Obviously, I am Spanish (peninsula) but I can not endure the screeching "expert" in this series. Is she real? Or an AI construct?? Yet Elizondo nods his head as if it's all acceptable. I know many women from USA who do NOT make this sort of noise, so what is going on here? I do not mean to denigrate the speaker, but my ears can not endure her "voice". It is an auditory assault. (Perhaps because I am a musician??) I am willing to accept others' views, however.. . .

I think you are talking about a different show. As usual it's all white males (almost) on Unidentified. REEEEEEEEE

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I agree with Fishbait. I think you may have mistakenly posted on this thread. There is no such woman as the one you’re referring to. This is regarding the show Unidentified on the History Channel.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I totally agree.. They ruined the program giving her a voice. A voice filled with pure mainstream academia nausea. They don't teach these people about things unexplained, they teach them to say it's mass hallucinations and sleep paralysis whenever it's something they have no clue about.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
In all fairness, they are trying to offer a plausible explanation for some things, and sleep paralysis can account for some perceived oddities (obviously not all ARE this). In other words, both sides of the story.

I'm not clear why one of the posters here had such an issue with her voice, I didn't notice anything unusual.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Whoops, I misspoke earlier. Now I know who you all are talking about. The Harvard psychiatrist who talked to Lou Elizondo did state her opinion on what those guys went through was sleep paralysis. I didn’t buy it either. I believe she meant well though in stating her clinical opinion. I had no issue with her voice.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
They don't teach these people about things unexplained, they teach them to say it's mass hallucinations and sleep paralysis whenever it's something they have no clue about.

When it comes to sleep and dreams, we don't really know what sleep is for and there is really no solid evidence to prove that dreams even exist. It's all anecdotal. We have more hard evidence for Bigfoot than we do dreams.

And UFOs and dreams share many similar characteristics, except that we can't take videos of our dreams (yet).

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join