It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame on fire in Paris

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Me too, but then there is this uncomfortable fact:

Twelve French Churches Attacked, Vandalized in One Week

A dozen Catholic churches have been desecrated across France over the period of one week in an egregious case of anti-Christian vandalism.

The recent spate of church profanations has puzzled both police and ecclesiastical leaders, who have mostly remained silent as the violations have spread up and down France.

Last Sunday, marauders set fire to the church of Saint-Sulpice — one of Paris’ largest and most important churches — shortly after the twelve-o’clock Mass....

That was published just this March 20, 2019.

edit on 15-4-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Couldnt be acting? Take advantage of the situation to spread fear and hate?

link   
Take a real hard look at what Obama said... "Notre Dame is one of the world’s great treasures, and we’re thinking of the people of France in your time of grief. It’s in our nature to mourn when we see history lost – but it’s also in our nature to rebuild for tomorrow, as strong as we can."

See how he says something even though he says nothing?

A treasure? Oh really? How so?
Only for the people of France? Now really.
Who is he talking about when he says "we"? They see history? They see it lost?
And they want to rebuild? Rebuild what? Who exactly is this group Obama is part of?

And it's only Monday. Moon day!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

They remove and replace artifacts and relics depending on the time of the year. They were most likely removing some statues and relics to make way for Easter related ones.

There have been lots of catholic churches set ablaze in France the last couple months. I doubt this was an accident. Hopefully it is. Paris without Notre Dame is like NYC without the Empire State Building or San Francisco without the Golden Gate Bridge. It's understandable why some think Islam. You hear terrorism you think of Islam. Unless you've conditioned yourself to think illogically aka politically correct.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Neat. Maybe they'll make it a mosque.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Any proof that any woman actually did anything? Or just a tweet that you have sunk your teeth into?

A news story from a Paris paper? An arrest report? Anything at all to say the story is true?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Any proof that any woman actually did anything? Or just a tweet that you have sunk your teeth into?

A news story from a Paris paper? An arrest report? Anything at all to say the story is true?

of course there is nothing

they are just spreading fear and hate

like the thread with the fake 9 second clip that is getting all the stars

it is pretty disgusting

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Obama's usual platitudes. What exactly are you suggesting? Some conspiracy of the elite

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
Take a real hard look at what Obama said... "Notre Dame is one of the world’s great treasures, and we’re thinking of the people of France in your time of grief. It’s in our nature to mourn when we see history lost – but it’s also in our nature to rebuild for tomorrow, as strong as we can."

See how he says something even though he says nothing?

A treasure? Oh really? How so?
Only for the people of France? Now really.
Who is he talking about when he says "we"? They see history? They see it lost?
And they want to rebuild? Rebuild what? Who exactly is this group Obama is part of?

And it's only Monday. Moon day!

Lol. It is rich that Obama is commenting on the fire at the Roman Catholic Notre Dame Cathedral when he pursued abortion policies condemned by that same church.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well its not as profound as trumps "Must act quickly" stating the obvious but we cant all be orators can we?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well it seems that initial reporting is saying it was an accident.
I'm thinking they know what happened based on witnesses who were there when it started.
But you never know...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

"...but it’s also in our nature to rebuild for tomorrow..."

I admit I'm very suspicious of anything he says. But given my accuracy at reading the subtle intent behind many of his comments over the years, this one has my hair standing on end.

Can't help it.

link   

I find that hard to believe from the guy who told us:

"You didn't build that"

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

This whole thread which started with genuine concern has evolved into an ugly mess.
Its so sad to see.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I've heard, and read. And take this with a open mind, that since the yellowvest protests started a lot of athiest and womens rights groups have been causing a lot of trouble. Right now, and I could be wrong. I think what happened here was an accident judging from where it started, right in the center of the recent ongoing renovations. Either way, this is a work of art, and something special to France and all of Europe that was almost completely lost. Thankfully we as humans can rebuild, and look to the future.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It's the rebuilding thing.

Of course they can build a new building there, but that's not the point. This building was a part of history the way the Twin Towers were not and only now are because of what happened to them. Medieval cathedrals are marvels of architecture for their time, and this one saw its way through many of the pivotal events of history.

Sure you can put another building in its place to serve the same function, but it's not the same and does not represent the same things that the original Notre Dame did.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit or a place for hate!!!

All rules for polite and civil debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
*ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What a rarity, a conspiracy... on a conspiracy forum. Are you in the wrong place?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Drone footage.....surreal

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join