It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Yea lots of people did back then but on boats. My grandfather was shoved into a random boat by his parents and told him to say hes meeting his uncle. Thing was, his uncle was just a random contact they made during the war. And he never made it to the US he landed in Canada.

You honestly think everyone who came from Europe and other places were all legal? You didnt even need immigration papers back then, and if you had a strange name they'd just give you one.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I think the military should be deployed to the border and set up process stations. Bring in loads of transport vehicles.
Process everyone to the best of our abilities and try and weed out as many bad actors as we can.
Load everyone up in the transport vehicles and drive them straight to the heart of Beverly Hills. Let them out, tell them good luck and leave.
After all it is a sanctuary city and they should provide them sanctuary.

And they probably will provide sanctuary, why not try it?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Way to late on that one.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I think the military should be deployed to the border and set up process stations. Bring in loads of transport vehicles.
Process everyone to the best of our abilities and try and weed out as many bad actors as we can.
Load everyone up in the transport vehicles and drive them straight to the heart of Beverly Hills. Let them out, tell them good luck and leave.
After all it is a sanctuary city and they should provide them sanctuary.

I'm voting for San Francisco and Seattle. I live very near Seattle and they can't even figure out how to deal with the homeless, it is really, really pathetic. I'm sure they will shine with thousand of new "undocumented migrants" for their proud Sanctuary City. One thing for sure, the homeless (vets included) will remain homeless while they would throw endless money at the migrants.

My sister goes to a liberal church in Seattle where they allow some of the homeless to camp out on the lawn. Some of them were literally crapping on the sidewalk, where you walk into the church. It took them weeks to even address it and then they did nothing and finally a church member went rogue and told them it was unacceptable to crap on the sidewalk and throw your trash on the ground. In all fairness, I suspect the homeless guys were mentally ill, what I question is a group of people so concerned with being PC that it makes them totally ineffective and spineless.
edit on 23-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

(post by Kryties removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not a progressive, but we need to find out what is happening as the mob moves through Mexico...are they continuing to grow, picking up more people? How is the Mexican govt working to give these people passage without remaining in Mexico? If we can answer these questions, our solution is to provide safe passage for the mob, attempt to facilitate additional members, and keep them headed North without peeling off into US communities all the way to the Canadian border for assimilation into their country.

edit on 23-10-2018 by Zrtst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First off most liberals do not want open borders. Just because a few of them do, does not extend that to the whole Democratic party.

What to do? Arrange with Mexican government to establish camps where these people can file for asylum before entering the USA. If they try to cross deal with them just like you deal with other immigrants who try to cross illegally. With the latest numbers of 14,000 that is less than 20% of the people that signed up to attend the Trump / Cruz grandstanding show, so not much of a threat to our nation. To put it in perspective Obama was deporting 1100 illegals daily, so we are talking about 2 weeks worth of deportations if they all make it here. Of course Trump is deporting much more slowly than Obama so we can expect this number of people to take about 6 months to be deported.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I say we direct them to the gulf of Mexico where they are greeted by large ships of luxury. Load them on-board, then drop them off in Russia. Problem Solved.

They wanted colder weather, well, give it to them. Just not in the U.S. where they would be a burden on the people who work hard to have good lives, and where liberals think my hard earned money is theirs to give away.

We have enough poverty in the U.S. that is out of control, adding more to the pile, doesn't make it better. Also, sending our money to other countries in-lieu of cleaning our own house first, is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We have asylum laws in place that make this caravan perfectly legal. If they request asylum, they are allowed entry and will receive an asylum hearing. Only about twenty percent will be granted asylum, the others will be sent back to their counties of origin.

Trump is either ignorant of this country's immigration laws or is pandering. I suspect both.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
We have asylum laws in place that make this caravan perfectly legal. If they request asylum, they are allowed entry and will receive an asylum hearing. Only about twenty percent will be granted asylum, the others will be sent back to their counties of origin.

Trump is either ignorant of this country's immigration laws or is pandering. I suspect both.

Trump knows what he's doing in this instance. He's bald-faced lying to his supporters about the "legality" of this refugee caravan - knowing that most of his supporters are too stupid to go look the laws up themselves.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
If the Trumpets got their way the refugees would be lined up and shot dead. They have zero regard for human life.

How many are you volunteering to take in your home?

What efforts have you taken to this point to ensure those in the caravan have ample supplies to make it safely?

Where do you plan to meet this caravan, once they arrive at the border, to hand out food supplies and water you purchased with your own funds? Do you plan to live stream you doing this?

Now let's see how much you care for human life and this caravan!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

He is not even from the u.s but claims to know what's best for Americans.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think we should take the financial aid from Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico and use that money to house them in camps along the border and build the wall. If they are interested in coming to the US to work they can help build the wall.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: JustaBill

He is not even from the u.s but claims to know what's best for Americans.

Even more of a reason for this caravan caring life lover to ensure they do everything in their power to ensure this caravan makes it safely. It will prove they did it from their heart and not political bias.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7
By giving an inch, these people have learned how to take a mile from US generosity. We don't owe them anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Seeking asylum is a perfectly legal thing to do. Therefore, instead of fighting against them, we should preemptively set up some form of lodging for them to stay in (tents? don't spend a ton on it, just make sure they're safe), and then give them their asylum hearing (again, that's a perfectly legal thing they're asking for).

While I'm not a Democrat, I lean further left than most on this site. The issue with the border is one of the biggest points of contention I have with conservatives. Speaking generally, Conservatives would like to keep America as "American" as possible. Follow the words written by the founding fathers, don't change the constitution, etc. The founding fathers were immigrants! And/or the direct children of immigrants! Immigration is one of the MOST American things possible. Everyone is welcome. Then why is it that most people who want to "make America great again" are completely against this very American thing?

I know, I know, "illegal immigration isn't American!" But, that isn't what these folks are doing. It's very apparent that they're seeking asylum. That IS NOT illegal immigration. That's exactly what the founding fathers did. They didn't like the policies of their country, so they immigrated somewhere else. (Let's leave out for now that they stole this country from the Natives, that's a different discussion).

I truly don't understand the argument of turning them away, nothing they are doing is illegal. Some people mentioned shooting them? That's insane.

"Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" - Emma Lazarus (on the Statue of Liberty)

"Screw that! Go home, freeloaders!" - The majority of US Conservatives.

You're all acting very anti-American right now.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Indeed. I read through much of this mess and you are just about the only conservative to call out this thread for what it really seems to be. I see that you have piqued OP's scorn yet have responded civilly thorough out. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: and14263

Indeed. I read through much of this mess and you are just about the only conservative to call out this thread for what it really seems to be. I see that you have piqued OP's scorn yet have responded civilly thorough out. Thanks.

Agreed. Multiple posts of "why haven't any liberals commented yet? I'm waiting" doesn't really ring true of wanting to hear real solutions. Maybe I'm wrong. But it doesn't sound genuine.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Why do we need a solution to a nonexistent problem?
There are asylum seekers and refugees all over the world but this bunch seems to be the only problem.

First of all, these are not asylum seekers. Second, you must have had your head in a cloud if you haven't been aware of any problems.

What are your solutions. How would you handle this if you were making decisions about how to deal with these people. Please address OP issues.

I thought my solution was very clear.
When they are forced to stay on the other side of the border, they are not a problem.

And I know the asylum part was a joke.
This whole situation is nothing more than a political tool to try to make trump look bad.
The left doesn't give a damn about these people.

I think it is a tool by the Right to build consensus for a wall.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm in total agreement albeit for an entirely different reason. Open the borders, remove all the barriers and the inspectors and ICE and Border Patrol.

That will at a very minimum solve one problem very quickly.............support for the US government and an idiot population still willing to support it with their taxes!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join