It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I just went through the migrant caravan thread because I was interested in what solutions would be offered by liberals who want open borders. We have people that are willing to dismiss the Mexican government and literally knock the fencing down and divert it going through a river to continue on their journey. I think it might be pretty indicative that some of them will continue their disrespectful ,lawless ways if they get into the US.

Once the precedent has been set, this will create a trend. It is already evident that Mexico is pretty helpless or indifferent, so if action is taken, it looks like it will be the US doing it.

Liberals, how do you propose dealing with this. You have all been really, really quiet about this. I want solutions, not arguments...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Open the borders for the poor people, simplest solution

It's not about a solution it's about making the standing government look incompetent
Trump can't win in this situation, well not that I can see

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I second this! Please tell us SOLUTIONS or steps to deal with this in a lawful manner!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It's not about a solution it's about making the standing government look incompetent

You may well be right, mighty suspicious that this is happening now... I do really want to hear somebody that believes in open borders reason this situation out , though. I have a feeling It will be a very short thread.
edit on 23-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Yep, I am begging for a liberal to address the the points in my OP all the way through. No platitudes about idealism that won't work in the world we live in today, a real, viable solution.

edit on 23-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Maybe the hurricane currently on it's way into mexico ?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

Yep, I am begging for a liberal to address the the points in my OP all the way through. No platitudes about idealism that won't work in the world we live in today, a real, viable solution.

Sounds like another 'baiting' thread rather than one seeking serious, logical political discourse.

You're not MAGA-ing, you're fueling the fire, playing into the hands of TPTB.

(I'm not a liberal by the way, far from it).

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Why do we need a solution to a nonexistent problem?
There are asylum seekers and refugees all over the world but this bunch seems to be the only problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Sounds like another 'baiting' thread rather than one seeking serious, logical political discourse.

Absolutely not, I am asking for solutions from those that want open borders. Ones that will really work. This thread is the antithesis of that. I don't want bitching and posts like the one you just did. I want solutions and I am willing to debate . I will also be respectful of all solutions that are presented.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

R U kidding? Open border for what reason, simply because they are POOR? What is the definition of poor? What is the cut off?

Look at Honduras's economy over the last 10 years. They have almost doubled their GDP since 2008! El Salvador has had a 50% increase since 2008 and Guatemala has almost doubled since 2008! Mexico's GDP has only increased by 3.6% over the last 10 years. The US has only had about 28-30% increase in the same time frame, so what country is really struggling here?
Much of the problem with Mexico's low growth is b/c so much money is being siphoned off by the cartels and $ isn't being taxed.

There is NO reason to allow any of these people in for economic reasons.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Possibly, but it is a valid question.
What are the solutions?

Mine is pretty simple.
Send the army down there - arrest all of the people who attempt to cross.
Take the children into care.
Deport all the adults back to their own countries as prisoners and release them at the airport once landed.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There are asylum seekers and refugees all over the world but this bunch seems to be the only problem.

First of all, these are not asylum seekers. Second, you must have had your head in a cloud if you haven't been aware of any problems.

What are your solutions. How would you handle this if you were making decisions about how to deal with these people. Please address OP issues.

link   
A giant meatgrinder at the border. It makes crossing the border a non-issue and you can feed America's homeless.

You can thank me by sending a fruit basket. You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A giant meatgrinder at the border. It makes crossing the border a non-issue and you can feed America's homeless.

Sounds like a modest proposal.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Possibly, but it is a valid question.
What are the solutions?

Mine is pretty simple.
Send the army down there - arrest all of the people who attempt to cross.
Take the children into care.
Deport all the adults back to their own countries as prisoners and release them at the airport once landed.

Thank you for your contribution. Doesn't sound like you are a liberal though, if you are, you are a realistic one.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ha, Ha Ha.... I am trying to get liberals, democrats to respond, seriously...I do admit you have a pretty morbid sense of humor...which I like.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Sounds like a modest proposal.

I'm a problem solver.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I wasn't joking.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

First of all, these are not asylum seekers. Second, you must have had your head in a cloud if you haven't been aware of any problems.

What are your solutions. How would you handle this if you were making decisions about how to deal with these people. Please address OP issues.

I thought my solution was very clear.
When they are forced to stay on the other side of the border, they are not a problem.

And I know the asylum part was a joke.
This whole situation is nothing more than a political tool to try to make trump look bad.
The left doesn't give a damn about these people.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I am still waiting for a serious, thoughtful,valid response from a liberal, how would you deal with this??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join