It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I would offer two suggestions:

1) reduce the cause of mass exodus from countries. By this I mean eliminate the cause of fear, pain, horror, destitution, etc that causes people to flee. This can be accomplished by "importing" democracy. America has a great deal of experience in this area. With chants of "borders are a social construct" and "there is no such thing as an illegal human" all talk of invasion will be quelled from an international stage. Win-win.

2) Simply "usher" the caravans through an American corridor and on to the Canadian border. Provide minimal resistance and humanitarian aid along the route, but ensure that the "refugees" continue their travels through our country and into the next. Canada has promised to be a welcoming nation to all peoples and several countries south of the United States have already ushered the convoy through. Conventions require peoples to flee to a safe nation, not to a nation of choice. If they pass up a few nations to get this far they can pass up one more to get to Canada. Win-win.

How wonderfully creative you second idea is... Why not..the Canadian government is well known for it's liberal nature.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I agree, use the present system that is in place now, which, I believe, they are fixing as they go.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch,
whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name MOTHER OF EXILES.

From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome;
her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips.
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: pointessa

If this is your idea of logical debate, and this is how you commence logical debate... and this is how you are contributing to society then ok, that's your prerogative. I cannot respect it though. Nothing in this thread is logical, educated or sensible. It's internet BS.

In my eyes you have just added another # stained piece of paper to a pile already a mile high.

Then contribute something that is logical, educated and sensible instead of spewing your negativity here. I have a feeling you really have nothing to contribute under that mask of anger.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Are we still waiting for someone to tell the libs how to respond??

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree, use the present system that is in place now, which, I believe, they are fixing as they go.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

en.wikipedia.org...

You know, I used to live in an idealistic pink cloud. One day I woke up and realized you work with what you have, you start from where you are, whether you like it or not. All of my idealistic platitudes where just that, I couldn't take any action because I wanted to start from a place that didn't exist.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

en.wikipedia.org...

You know, I used to live in an idealistic pink cloud. One day I woke up and realized you work with what you have, you start from where you are, whether you like it or not. All of my idealistic platitudes where just that, I couldn't take any action because I wanted to start from a place that didn't exist.

Are you agreeing with me and strongfp; can't make out your message clearly?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Are we still waiting for someone to tell the libs how to respond??

I'm afraid so. There have been some great posts here, but not one that really wants to set out a logical, thorough plan for allowing these folks to just barge in because they want to. No one has addressed the concerns that I have posted throughout this thread that defends letting them enter, even though it is illegal and disrespectful, and giving a rationale and a plan to do it. It doesn't have to be detailed. Just reason it through. Not a one and we are on page 4.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, InTheLight, I was just musing and realize it didn't address your post. It is possible to work with what we have. Would have to consider the details of it. However, the system we have says you can't just barge into this country because you want to. The system we have has a process. It needs to be enforced. If that can be done without a wall, great. Haven't seen evidence of that yet.
edit on 23-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, InTheLight, I was just musing and realize it didn't address your post. It is possible to work with what we have. Would have to consider the details of it. However, the system we have says you can't just barge into this country because you want to. The system we have has a process. It needs to be enforced. If that can be done without a wall, great. Haven't seen evidence of that yet.

The wall will be a wall of military personnel, will it not?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If I break your door down , because I know you serve sumptuous food and good wine, even though I wasn't invited, would you want me to buy the house for sale next door? I might have some good traits, but the fact that I was willing to break into your house will always be in your mind. Will my moving in affect the other neighbors that know what I was willing to do to get what I wanted?

I always liked parables.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

The wall will be a wall of military personnel, will it not?

Certainly, that is a possibility. And it seems as though there is legal precidence to do that. I also agree that if a really strong stand was taken in that capacity it would curb or stop further incidences.

The difference between a wall and military personnel is the issue of personal safety on both sides of the fence (pun intended). Although, I guess people could be killed or injured building the wall.

edit on 23-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I contributed, I did what you asked for - I gave you an answer to your OP.

What more do you want? I'm happy to converse.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I have to leave for a while, when I get back I will reread you post. It's hard to get a message when you come off so negatively. The actual message was lost on me.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Let all the migrants into their mansions where it safe an warm and make them sanctuaries.

Suzuki, Trudeau, Sanders, the Clinton's, Soros..etc...etc don't need all that space when it could be used for children an trees instead of golfing

Open your doors...LET THEM IN.

edit on 23-10-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think we should let them all in and send them to Harvard. They can house them & feed them there. Why not? Why should they have to graduate high school, apply for admission and pay tuition and room and board? Maybe we can split it between a few colleges, Berkeley, Columbia, Princeton and Wellesley (Hillary's Alma Mater )

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Let all the migrants into their mansions where it safe an warm and make them sanctuaries.

Suzuki, Trudeau, Sanders, the Clinton's, Soros..etc...etc don't need all that space when it could be used for children an trees instead of golfing

Open your doors...LET THEM IN.

Trudeau's mansion is falling down due to age, it may be a death trap.
edit on 110CDT09America/Chicago04690931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If I break your door down , because I know you serve sumptuous food and good wine, even though I wasn't invited, would you want me to buy the house for sale next door? I might have some good traits, but the fact that I was willing to break into your house will always be in your mind. Will my moving in affect the other neighbors that know what I was willing to do to get what I wanted?

I always liked parables.

See Statue of Liberty plaque wording.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have to leave for a while, when I get back I will reread you post. It's hard to get a message when you come off so negatively. The actual message was lost on me.

I absolutely love that you blame me for your lack of absorption of your own thread.
My super negativity threw you off course so much you just couldn't take in any information.

That proves cognitive dissonance if ever I have seen it. My negativity is a criticism of your approach. That's how these things work.

Here it is, so you don't get lost flicking back a few pages:

BS but for your gaul I'll give you a star.

But the answer is so obvious that it's pointless asking the question, unless you're baiting.

Liberals will suggest that the migrants be welcomed into a 'unit', or a holding area which contains adequate welfare.

Then depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will likely suggest a vetting of health, family relations and then skills.

Again, depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will then offer a system to offer benefits, educate and re-home.

What else do you expect? You listen to this crap on MSM all day. You read it all day on here.... What are you actually expecting?

TPTB have won. Evidence of this is the numerous topics on ATS illustrating RIGHT vs LEFT.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Additionally, aren't there enough jobs (types of jobs that nobody wants to take) to go around now?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Billions of poor people, how many are you taking into your house?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join