It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

We just walk around in a daze and eat dorito chips and say, "Dude" a lot.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do they lose their cars all the time like in the movie, "Dude, Where's My Car"?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Only when we need to go to White Castle.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Nope. We take Uber.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In the old days this thread would not of made it to page 2.

It’s a flower.

Trump is getting stuff done.

Super proud of our President.

Back to my FLOWERS...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What you seem to be missing is a Presidential Order is not law, but by it being done through the correct means, it's then the law and will likely never be changed. The Constitutionality of a Presidential decree is sketchy at best. I'd think what Obama did was more of a dance around the issue to placate voters than a meaningful action.

Also it's bipartisan this time, with bipartisan sponsorship.

You also ignore Trump actually made the promise to not go after States in mid April I think it was. This is not even new.

What would screw it up is if they try and add things to it to kill it for partisan purposes. With Warren sponsoring it along with a Republican, I think it lessens the chances of that. People are more savvy now about how they add things to popular bills to kill them for purely partisan reasons.

You have a point, but you seem to be filtering it through very partisan brain cells.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

What you seem to be missing is a Presidential Order is not law, but by it being done through the correct means, it's then the law and will likely never be changed. The Constitutionality of a Presidential decree is sketchy at best. I'd think what Obama did was more of a dance around the issue to placate voters than a meaningful action.

Also it's bipartisan this time, with bipartisan sponsorship.

You also ignore Trump actually made the promise to not go after States in mid April I think it was. This is not even new.

What would screw it up is if they try and add things to it to kill it for partisan purposes. With Warren sponsoring it along with a Republican, I think it lessens the chances of that. People are more savvy now about how they add things to popular bills to kill them for purely partisan reasons.

You have a point, but you seem to be filtering it through very partisan brain cells.

What do you expect?

The OP and everyone championing it are taking what should be a great story (I mean, this was a bipartisan deal where people from both sides came together, which as rare as it is, should be a thread in itself) and using it as a club to beat people over the head that they disagree with.

That such a bipartisan miracle is being turned into partisan garbage by the cult of Trump is my whole issue. The OP is taking good news and turning it into a dividing wedge. When we should all be celebrating.
edit on 8-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The political world is full of trickery, but an honest politician seems to always get his/her enemy to find dirt of them and silence them. Maybe this will happen, it sure happened with Obama and that guy we know he knew what coc aine was.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: TinySickTears

" people dont drive stoned now. or go to work stoned now. "

LoL , you got Statistics to back that Up or are you just Talking through your Bong here ?

Turn your sarcasm meter on then re-read TSTs post again.

thank you sir

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: MteWamp

Negative repercussions is law enforcement across the country and the DEA are going to be plenty pissed.

That the DEA would be pissed only shows how negligent they truly are. They aren't supposed to have any feelings about what the law is, only that they are supposed to enforce them. It shows they are much too big for their collective britches, (which has long been obvious). The DEA has the worst kinds of people as the top brass and they should all be sh%t canned.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I can't really tell the difference between partisan blather coming from the Right or Left these days. I hope your not saying that Trump opponents won't do exactly the same? Both sides need to stop it. Both sides have taken this way to far.

If anything at all good comes from the circus going on now, I'd personally hope it would be people burning their voter registrations and starting over as independent thinkers.

I'll admit Trump has had me on a roller coaster ride of both approval and scorn. It's time to set that aside and judge on a case by case basis the things he does. Neither side will though. The Tribes have formed and racists have nothing on partisans anymore. Political opinion has devolved into bigotry with the players often having no idea what they are even hating on, they just know the person has a D or R near their names. It sucks.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I can't really tell the difference between partisan blather coming from the Right or Left these days. I hope your not saying that Trump opponents won't do exactly the same? Both sides need to stop it. Both sides have taken this way to far.

If anything at all good comes from the circus going on now, I'd personally hope it would be people burning their voter registrations and starting over as independent thinkers.

I'll admit Trump has had me on a roller coaster ride of both approval and scorn. It's time to set that aside and judge on a case by case basis the things he does. Neither side will though. The Tribes have formed and racists have nothing on partisans anymore. Political opinion has devolved into bigotry with the players often having no idea what they are even hating on, they just know the person has a D or R near their names. It sucks.

I agree with most of that. But the fact is, this is just Trump saying he might support this bill. He didn’t come up with it, he didn’t sponsor it. I can judge him on individual things he’s done, but they have to be things he’s done. Saying this is all happening because of Trump is verifiably wrong.

If this was something he came up with, I’d give him respect for it. I’d probably even give him respect for saying he “might” support it, if it wasn’t being used as a weapon by the people who follow him.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Well......as Woody Harrelson once said " I don't smoke any more........or any less". My point being, people that smoke are still going to smoke regardless of legalities. I've never heard of anyone that didn't smoke because it's illegal.
i've also never heard of people that smoke more just because it's legal. I'm from Colorado and spent many years in Cali so my source of info is firsthand. I'm not saying this as a absolute fact for everyone, just my experience in my circle of friends.

It's ridiculous that alcohol is legal and MJ isn't. Alcohol related deaths of teens is greater than all other drug related deaths combined. I've never heard of one death contributed to MJ. The people that have demonized MJ are ignorant and gullible. Just because someone tells you it's bad doesn't make it so. I've asked people that were totally against MJ if they've ever tried it, the answers 99% of the time is " no".

Trump + legalized MJ = Winning. IMHO

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I'll believe it when I see it. On the one hand, I am seriously wondering if it won't help with certain stress related issues, as 'normal' drugs don't even dent my lower back muscle problems. Opioids are a nightmare, usually literally.

On the other, he flip flops like a fresh fish. This might even (pun half intended) be a smokescreen for something else.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I agree with most of that. But the fact is, this is just Trump saying he might support this bill. He didn’t come up with it, he didn’t sponsor it. I can judge him on individual things he’s done, but they have to be things he’s done. Saying this is all happening because of Trump is verifiably wrong.

If this was something he came up with, I’d give him respect for it. I’d probably even give him respect for saying he “might” support it, if it wasn’t being used as a weapon by the people who follow him.

Let's just agree that anything with Trump's name attached to it, you're going to find fault in it, regardless what it is. You always do. It won't kill ya to keep an open mind when it come to Trump would it? Silly Wabbit.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

He signs it he plays just as important a role. That would be no small matter since it would end a debate that's been ongoing since Johnson.

So you base your opinion of him on what his supporters on a conspiracy board write in their partisan trolling? I think taking the high road is more appealing. The topic is not peoples opinions anyway.

As I've mentioned before, this partisan fever is an addiction. Once people enter into it fully, it traps them. It's a wonder any President can get anything done in this atmosphere. The adults seem to have left the room far too often recently IMO.

Thanks for the conversation

(post by Isurrender73 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Let's just agree that anything with Trump's name attached to it, you're going to find fault in it, regardless what it is. You always do. It won't kill ya to keep an open mind when it come to Trump would it? Silly Wabbit.

What did Trump do here?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

What did Trump do here?

it sounds like he's going to support something that could change tens of thousands of peoples life's for the better, including yours, especially in the medicinal dept.. You do realize that the more support from people high up is a win for the proposition at hand, don't you? Without support it's dead.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

He signs it he plays just as important a role. That would be no small matter since it would end a debate that's been ongoing since Johnson.

So you base your opinion of him on what his supporters on a conspiracy board write in their partisan trolling? I think taking the high road is more appealing. The topic is not peoples opinions anyway.

As I've mentioned before, this partisan fever is an addiction. Once people enter into it fully, it traps them. It's a wonder any President can get anything done in this atmosphere. The adults seem to have left the room far too often recently IMO.

Thanks for the conversation

I base my opinion on his actions. And to date he’s gone against all progress towards legalization. Him saying he might support this bill, is him saying he might support this bill. Nothing more.

It’d take up too much space to list out the things he’s “said”. I actually work in the legal cannabis industry, and I probably stand to make a lot of money if it goes federally legal. That this might profit me somehow doesn’t make me lose sight of what this actually is though.

Enjoyed your convo too.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join