It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i keep in mind that he was first asked bout removing banking regulations and that imo was the point on his mind when he said he is open to discussion...
edit on 9-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I added to above.

Latin American's arent being persecuted by their governments for religion or that kind of stuff.

Instead, much of those regions are snipholes, making US a sort of heavenly promised land

And much of that is to blame on Democrat Open Border Drug Corridor AHEM "Immigration" Policy.

Ergo "liberal" "outrage" pertaining to all things south of the border is constantly proven to be shallow hollow BS, as Democrat policy's keep proving to be hell bent on compelling them to want to come here while doing the opposite of what would help them not hate where they live to want to come in the first place.

The Democrat's just keep making ye liberals look like the biggest foolhardy chumps ever. Wake up people.
edit on 9-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But not everyone qualifies for asylum or refugee status. You must meet some strict requirements, as described in this article. In particular, you must show two things:
You are unable or unwilling to return to your home country because you have been persecuted there in the past or have a well-founded fear that you will be persecuted if you go back.
The reason you have been (or will be) persecuted is connected to one of five things: your race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or your political opinion.
Let's look more closely at what these requirements mean.

My father's family came to America as refugees, in the 1960's, because of the Columbian drug wars going on at the time. They lost their family business, a well known newspaper and the largest book store in Barranquilla. They gave up their homestead, 1000s of acres of land, that had been in the family since the Spanish colonized it.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
he could go for a twofer and if it gets decriminalized let all the low level non violent drug offenders out of prison at the same time to really confuse people en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps the single greatest force behind the growth of the prison population has been the national "War on Drugs." The number of incarcerated drug offenders has increased twelvefold since 1980. In 2000, 22 percent of those in federal and state prisons were convicted on drug charges
a 22% reduction in prison population would be an interesting curve ball if he could some how implement that portion of the measure ,blanket pardon to the ones in federal prisons and work out something with the states to get the rest out . probally wont happen but would be hilarious trying to see the negitive spin placed on such an action from both sides

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think some are misreading the Right on this and misreading them badly.

Remember among the Right are a significant number of votes from the Libertarians and Libertarian leaning Conservatives. Then on top of that you have more than a few ordinary Conservatives that have no problem with this. It's also true there are some on the Left who are opposed. This is not a clear down partisan lines topic by any stretch of the imagination.

This legalizes nothing. All it does is pass the ball into the States court which is where it belongs. It allows people engaging in legal enterprise to use the banks for what is a burgeoning, quickly growing business. I believe it's highly likely this will pass and that both parties want this behind them. It may pass by a slim margin, but it will pass I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Interesting!

I come from a long line of auto engineer / industry types. My grandparents lived their whole lives in Detroit (until they didnt)... They were there for the Great Depression, and the Roaring 20's, during WW2 they built planes for the war effort while my grandmas brother flew bombers over Germany. Family of four. Raising them in the City of Detroit.

But then by the 60's racial / criminal turmoil started going off (especially when the CIA starting bringing in all the smack like proper industrialists). Endless riff raff around every corner it got to being, social decay increasingly apparent. "White Flight" ensued en masse. But my grandparents werent racist types, were determined to ride out the storm in their family home.

And then they got robbed at gunpoint in their own frontyard with children present. It was time to go.

So at that point did they become "Refugees", "Seeking Asylum" (in a safer 'area')????

Having your family history you might have a richer perspective on all things were getting at here, above the standard Democrat Talking Points / Virtue Signalling Points BS.

The Dem's are every bit as guilty for the "Wars of Drugs" / War on Drugs, all of it. It was Bill Clinton that rammed for NAFTA, thus pushing all the drug corridors right up thru Mexico's roadways. Dem's fighting tooth & nail to keep the border as absolutely open as possible to maximize the drug corridor potential. Dem policies to sweeten the deal of peasants there finding the struggle to get here (increasingly by any means necessary) totally worth it the Promised Land. Dem policies like "Sanctuary Cities" to provide stateside drug / criminal corridor routes into the safe haven stronghold cities. It was Obama & Hillary that helped overthrow the Honduras gov in 2009 helping a tyrant take hold so his son could run the coke supply chain. Operation CONDOR... dont even get me started!

Yeah, they wrap it in a nice 'oh we're helping poor poor people' bow. They cook up all sorts of 'Nuspeak' weasel terms like "undocumented workers" and "asylum seekers" to divert from / demagogue the larger issues. They appeal to their racial nonsensibilities to rile them into the streets (Textbook Nazi stuff there by the way).

But its Dem BS leading the charge thats been paving the road to hell for those people down there. And somehow the "logic" (Pretzel Logic) is to keep doing more of the same hell ramp it up if anything and screw the ones down there F em, all of them (over 10,000 Mexican's die annual to the drug war there your wide open border policy has created), just so long as we patronize the ones that do make it here then all is well...

BS! Ignorance isnt bliss!

So tell me this: too much crime in an area makes the non-criminals valid "asylum seekers", and from there why not let every single non-criminal from here to Argentina in? What's the upper limit on this thing??
edit on 9-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Why didnt Obama do this? Oh yeah because he never cared about us and what we actually wanted..

Cole Memo much?
Ever heard of Colorado or Washington state?
He got the ball rolling. Don’t forget he was opposed at every step by conservative congress

Without Obama we wouldn’t even be having this conversation. We’d probably all be dead by now.
edit on 9-6-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sessions is not "at odds" with this decision at all, FFS!

Sessions is enforcing the laws. That's it.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

An interesting figure when with all that 'more Bad' there was a bunch of 'new Good'.

Then along comes Sessions to immediately scrap all the 'new Good', while ramping up all bad there ever was, and with gusto.

a reply to: Tempter

Dude has been orgasmic over every prospect of tyranny against everything to do with "marijuana" and those who dabble with it.

He would see people by the score gang raped and shanked in prison for it, only after seizing their property ala Federal Property Forfeiture (no doubt a huge all powerful Federal Government squashing people like bugs is what being a "conservative" is all about right?).

DONT TRUST SESSIONS!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Immigration is growth.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So is cancer.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
I think there are a HUGE number of "Conservative Christians" that support legalization. As a matter of fact, I KNOW that there are.

Most conservatives these days—at least the ones under 50—don't mind weed at all, and some in the 20–40 range even use it themselves. I personally know a Catholic who smokes several times a week lol. The conservatives who do oppose marijuana sale/use are probably the far-right/alt-right ones who are so straight edge that they scrape the poppy seeds off their bagels so as to avert any possibility of having trace amounts of morphine in their bloodstream. Those people are a minuscule minority, but I've met them. They are the Ned Flanders type of people who would see this clip and not realize that it's satirical.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Hope you're right.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan True,most of us that call ourselves conservatives are nothing like what the media wants to portray us .We just don`t want Government forcing us to give up our rights and beliefs.Leave weed alone and go after the people pushing stuff that really is bad,meth and heroin for example.If its addictive or makes you violently crazy go after those.Pots biggest danger is eating too fast and getting choked cause something made you laugh while scarfing food down.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: dashen

Imagine after this , Millions of American's Stoned Out of their Minds on a Daily Basis in All 50 States . Driving , Working , Vegetating on the Couch , what will that do to the Everyday Functions We All have to Accomplish in order to have Safe Peaceful Lives in this Country ? I can See a Dire Adverse Reaction to our Society if this eventually comes to pass.......

Another person who thinks that everybody who uses marijuana is just like soooo baked 24/7, man! What a pile of nonsense. That's like saying that everybody who buys alcohol is perpetually drunk. The reason that you don't notice the functional, responsible marijuana users as much as you notice the lazy, dimwitted stoners who abuse it is because you obviously aren't going to notice the functional ones if they blend in with everybody else. In reality, the difference between casual users and hardcore (ab)users is as stark as the difference between a social drinker and a shameless alcoholic who wakes up in his own diarrhea every morning. The human brain has a tendency to seek, interpret, and remember the most extreme examples that confirm its preconceptions. This is called "confirmation bias." But people like you who keep parroting these hasty generalizations don't understand this; you just seem to be another dime-a-dozen fundamentalist who traded a pound of analytical intelligence for an ounce of reactionary logic.
edit on 9-6-2018 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Should have never been a political issue; herbs once "patent" medicine came along have been deemed "evil" no matter how benign in every possible way. One cannot even claim a single good medical use for an herb legally if selling them. Yet patent medicine stripping them down like morphine being about 10,000 times stronger than opium? The medical establishment can say does all sorts of things.

BTW there is a thread specifically for cannabis here; so why stick this topic in "political issues" I don't smoke it. But it shouldn't have ever been demonized... the illegal stuff is still demonized and kept messed up by adding chemicals to it; because that sort of trash cannot compete with legally grown kind. Of course all of that trash they put in it in illegal status states? Only makes people feel or go "crazy" because of the chemicals altering the structure.

No one wants that junk and if they do? They are just asking for trouble... the states where it is legal and regulated should really stop and help the other states out.

There is a neurotransmitter in the human brain specifically as a KEY that does not get activated in any other way... that junk called '___' floats on it and will literally poison the well; making all subsequent cannabis use? Cause yet another trip until that '___' is out of the system; about seven years per dose for that trash to clear out of the receptor channels meant for cannabinoids.

We evolved harvesting and eating the stuff; and in huge amounts or else we would not have the channel for it in our brains... the same with that old appendix some say it is useless; but it evolved from eating raw meat... before all the quest for fire etc to not only protect ourselves in the dark from prey but to also eat prey...

The appendix still does it's job when you get some of that undercooked business. Human teeth are ruminant and the meat eating sort... we evolved from eating both and at times one or the other in times of great draught or need of food supplies.

The way China does their medical system is a smart way to go about it; if someone wants to think dried shark penis helps theirs work? Hey aside from the shark? It is still "snake oil" natural or patent.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Once the US legalises the casual use of weed, many other Western countries are sure to follow. It's a matter of when, not if.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Good, never could understand why one would be sent to jail/prison for smoking weed, yet a drunk driver kills someone and gets off the hook with little or no time in prison. (at least that is how it was 50 years ago)

Now if they just smell a tiny bit of alcohol it is thousands of dollars to prove they're innocent around here. You better have spilled it and not drank it.

Pot has it's own pitfalls and it has good aspects for people that I know like a severe burn victim I met who takes the THC pills. But if someone wants to buy something that grows on this earth, who are we to challenge them? Adults should be able to do what they want if it doesn't harm another is a good practice IMO. Like Tobacco I don't want to smell that in public where I have to breath. Take it somewhere is all I ask.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Friendly Reminder ...

We're drifting .

This thread is in Political Issues.

Let's try to keep the focus on that aspect, Please.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trumps cheese is off the cracker. He doesn't even know what he's talking about anymore. The Conservative Christians would never let Trump legalize MJ. The CC are a yuggge part of his constituency and he needs their support.

He said he would pardon Muhammad Ali but Ali was pardoned back in 1971. Dementia... and has to repeat everything 3 times.

4D chess....

You're wrong on that. Sure there are the hardcore Conservative Christians that claim fire and brimstone on marijuana but there are a lot more level headed-think outside the box-very accepting of marijuana Christians, and the medical properties that can benefit them, and their families. I know this.

If Trump does this, and he should, he will be a shoe in for 2020. But as I have stated before, Obama should have tackled this easy to do issue. I believe he was too chicken....or he just didn't give a hoot about the strong push to get marijuana decriminalized.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join