It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sailor pardoned by Trump is SUING Obama and Comey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Haha.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Haha.

Rich wisdom ☝️

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Most folks would agree you don't keep trying someone over and over for the same thing until you get the verdict you want.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Most folks would agree you don't keep trying someone over and over for the same thing until you get the verdict you want.

Who has been "tried" over and over for the same thing in order to get a verdict?

Investigations can be closed, opened, closed and opened again as appropriate.

We aren't talking about double jeopardy here.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Trial #1 has to happen first.

🤧

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Metaphorically speaking. How many investigations have there been? Is every one of them invalid because they didn't result in any sanctions at all? We need to investigate her one more time? Or two? Or three? Until we get the results we want or she's died of old age?

Let me ask this.
What exactly do you think she did with that server that should result in an indictment and prosecution?
Honest and simple.
Only don't drag in benghazi, or Seth Rich or any of that #. What about this server has you tied up in knots?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Well he did break the law...however I do think jail might be a tad harsh-a hefty fine and a stint on the sideline should suffice.

On the other hand he should not be suing Clinton or Comey-His beef should be with his CO. Did Hillary or Comey personally authorize this? Highly unlikely as this is a pure navy screw up. Nice Try with the blame the left angle, this is a military issue and I believe it should stay that way.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: amicktd
If they were to arrest all the submariners that have taken pictures of classified spaces while onboard, we wouldn't even have enough personnel to operate our submarines. It's ridiculous they arrested him for these photos. Revoking clearance would've been acceptable since we all know the consequences, but espionage charges are way over the top. Hillary should serve a year as well, just so we're treating everyone fairly and not continue operating under a 2-tier justice system.

I disagree he knew photography is not allowed. He knowingly violated the rules because like you he expected very little to no consequences. He deserved what he got it was stupid. When I was in the military I had to deal with classified material and you know the rules.

Now for Hillary she was treated differently but it has nothing to do with him. This isn't a case of one person got away with it so everyone can. Should she have been prosecuted probably does this guy have a law suit no he doesnt.

Having your clearance revoked is hardly a minor consequence. Considering he would’ve had to completely switch careers, uproot his family to wherever the military decided to send him and many other consequences would’ve been attached. Like fines, military jail, and punishment under the UCMJ, reduction in rank, or even possibly discharged. But espionage was way over the top. Especially considering Hillary, who should be held at a lot higher standard, didn’t get into any trouble at all while holding a far higher clearance. Used a private server to transmit and receive highly classified documents way more damaging to national security. Then proceeded to try and hide her mistakes from an investigation. So you go ahead and keep making excuses for her, but anyone that isn’t here for the partisan BS sees the double standard.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Did he sell photos to foreign intelligence or did he post them on his Instagram? Hillary posted them to unsecured server and received donations from foreign powers for the. Clinton money laundering foundation.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Simple is sometimes best.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: six67seven

Metaphorically speaking. How many investigations have there been? Is every one of them invalid because they didn't result in any sanctions at all? We need to investigate her one more time? Or two? Or three? Until we get the results we want or she's died of old age?

Let me ask this.
What exactly do you think she did with that server that should result in an indictment and prosecution?
Honest and simple.
Only don't drag in benghazi, or Seth Rich or any of that #. What about this server has you tied up in knots?

Tied up in knots?? I'm rather smooth & unknotted actually, and never brought up the server... you did.

It doesn't matter what I think happened with/on her private server... that's for a thorough & unbiased investigation to answer...

see what I did there?
edit on 2512x6725America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This sailor is an idiot but I'm glad he got pardoned -- I think he was just too stupid to understand what he was doing. Taking 'souvenir photos' of a highly classified nuclear sub? He's so lucky he got pardoned, he's such a tool.

As a tool, I think he will now get used for political purposes to inflame the people, and in the end nothing will happen, as is the norm. No one will go to jail, no one will be in trouble, nothing will happen to Obama, nor Comey, nor Hillary, nor Trump, nor Cheney, nor... (insert any of a hundred names in here)...

But guess what, we'll have sensationalist articles about it and we'll all fight about it for years on end.

Sound about right?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I think the sailor was a moron, too. Now he can join the rest of the people in the clown car of perpetual conservative butthurt.

What his defense? He broke the law and got prosecuted.

It sounds like his argument is going to be along the lines of the speeder who was pulled over and moans to the officer that other people are speeding, too. Why, it's so unfair that he was singled out for his lawbreaking.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Except what he did wasn’t treason. Treason is providing aid to the enemy. Did he attempt to give or sell the pictures to another government? No. He was just someone who thought the rules didn’t apply to him. That being said, I’ve been next to nuke subs in Norfolk and the MP’s don’t # around. It doesn’t matter if you’re civilian or military. The rules apply to everyone per the GIANT SIGNS with GIANT LETTERING that tell you that taking pictures in that area is a federal crime.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: projectvxn

Equal protection under the law extends to criminal prosecutions. If what Hillary did was just "carelessness" and "no reasonable prosecutor" would take on the case, then this sailor should never have been prosecuted.

To be fair she didn't have bad intentions.

They never do.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I’ve been article 15’d for far less than she’s been accused of. If there’s enough evidence to file charges, prosecute her and let the courts sort it out. I’ve got no problems with that whatsoever. No cares given what political party angiven politician claims to represent. If there’s evidence, give them their day in court like the rest of us. She will have a hell of an easier time with a jury of 13 than I did my Company Commander.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
1. Take pictures of classified areas in a nuclear sub.

2. Get arrested and prosecuted for it.

3. Write a letter to Donald Trump about how you want to sue Obama, because Hillary.

4. Get pardoned.

For a person who constantly accuses those who disagree with him of treason, Trump sure has no problem pardoning people who actually committ treason.

You need to ask yourself the following question....
Which came first , the chicken or the egg ?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KovitEnt

Except what he did wasn’t treason. Treason is providing aid to the enemy. Did he attempt to give or sell the pictures to another government? No. He was just someone who thought the rules didn’t apply to him. That being said, I’ve been next to nuke subs in Norfolk and the MP’s don’t # around. It doesn’t matter if you’re civilian or military. The rules apply to everyone per the GIANT SIGNS with GIANT LETTERING that tell you that taking pictures in that area is a federal crime.

The Navy has signs ?
The Air Force only has yellow stripes on the floor. Don't sneeze on one. much less touch it...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

It isn’t irrelevant, it is actually of the utmost importance to our republic.

All people should be treated equally.

If one person can get away with something because of “intent” or some other made up what ever, then other people should be able to do use that as a valid excuse as well.

Nothing is criminal unless the law makes it so, and all people should be treated equally under the law.

Also I would argue that if anything, the higher rank you are in government the MORE accountable you should be held for your actions.

Instead we are brainwashed into holding each other down while we let our rulers run amuck.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: KovitEnt

Except the navy doesn’t have MPs

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join