It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sailor pardoned by Trump is SUING Obama and Comey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: xuenchen

He was guilty though.
He should be glad he got the pardon. This just sounds like yet more silly partisan US politics to me.

One law fits all or the law should not exist. You don't get to give your friends a free pass.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

He was guilty though.
He should be glad he got the pardon. This just sounds like yet more silly partisan US politics to me.

One law fits all or the law should not exist. You don't get to give your friends a free pass.

Cheers - Dave

He was guilty though, and while Hilary should have been tried in court, her case is irrelevant to the sailor's.
Corruption is human nature, if I was a cop I'd let my mates off pretty much everything except serious crime. I have had cop mates who ignore recreational drug use of other friends.
Go higher up the food chain then the crimes may differ but it's still just old fashioned corruption.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: interupt42

Unfortunatly the video seems to have dissapeared from the internet...

But i did find an artikel

Hillary on email before the scandal.

Yeah but that was after she got PTSD and brain damage from being under sniper fire.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It would be nice if this sailor could bankrupt those two scumbags.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That was funny

Under sniper fire, the lying bitch lol

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I doubt that this sailor has the deep pockets that it takes to initiate a law suit of this kind. Gotta wonder who's backing him?

If he asked me for help, I'd send him a few bucks. he has a case, and a bigley valid point.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

He wasn't found guilty (or even pleaded to) sharing those photos with known foreign agents or going wild with emails all over the place.

Clinton has actually done all that with hundreds of classified items.

🔐🤷

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

He was guilty though.

Cheers - Dave

He was guilty though, and while Hilary should have been tried in court, her case is irrelevant to the sailor's.
Corruption is human nature, if I was a cop I'd let my mates off pretty much everything except serious crime. I have had cop mates who ignore recreational drug use of other friends.
Go higher up the food chain then the crimes may differ but it's still just old fashioned corruption.

Did I say something about Hillary? No. Nice attempt at diversion there. I just think the punishment should fit the crime. But since you brought up Clinton.... If the sailor took a pic for personal posterity-like use, that is a helluva difference to taking money from foreign governments for policy changes or slipping through the cracks, or keeping tons of classified info on a hidden unprotected server so there would be no audit trail to cover up crimes, or assisting in trying to frame another political actor by creating false evidence. I can go on.

For the sailor's crime, I think 6 months is adequate. For Hillary's crimes, if they are proven accurate, I think she should be charged with treason and if convicted publically hung.

There is a great deal of difference between the two crimes and the number of people they effect.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I doubt that this sailor has the deep pockets that it takes to initiate a law suit of this kind. Gotta wonder who's backing him?

I'll donate if someone sets it up.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Deflection? It's in the OP mentioning Hilary, I wouldn't have mentioned her otherwise...you know, trying to stay on topic 'n all.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If they were to arrest all the submariners that have taken pictures of classified spaces while onboard, we wouldn't even have enough personnel to operate our submarines. It's ridiculous they arrested him for these photos. Revoking clearance would've been acceptable since we all know the consequences, but espionage charges are way over the top. Hillary should serve a year as well, just so we're treating everyone fairly and not continue operating under a 2-tier justice system.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

He wasn't found guilty (or even pleaded to) sharing those photos with known foreign agents or going wild with emails all over the place.

Clinton has actually done all that with hundreds of classified items.

🔐🤷

I didn't say he was.
He was found guilty of taking pics in a classified area. Completely irrelevant to Hilary's crimes.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This should address the question as to whether or not we are equal under the law.

Asked no minority, ever.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This should address the question as to whether or not we are equal under the law.

Asked no minority, ever.

When did this tread become about minorities?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Good these "connected" losers need their balls held the fire before we need to water the tree of liberty

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ah, I don't think so. They only have $20K, and they've been at it for 15 months. 20K isn't even a retainer for this kind of law suit, taking on the Pentagon and the Federal Government.
edit on 5-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
If they were to arrest all the submariners that have taken pictures of classified spaces while onboard, we wouldn't even have enough personnel to operate our submarines. It's ridiculous they arrested him for these photos. Revoking clearance would've been acceptable since we all know the consequences, but espionage charges are way over the top. Hillary should serve a year as well, just so we're treating everyone fairly and not continue operating under a 2-tier justice system.

I disagree he knew photography is not allowed. He knowingly violated the rules because like you he expected very little to no consequences. He deserved what he got it was stupid. When I was in the military I had to deal with classified material and you know the rules.

Now for Hillary she was treated differently but it has nothing to do with him. This isn't a case of one person got away with it so everyone can. Should she have been prosecuted probably does this guy have a law suit no he doesnt.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hasn't the precedent been set...?

Remember... intent??

That's how Hillary got off.

So what was the intent of this guy and his photos?? Was he going to the Russians?? Lol

What was Hillary's intent?? Convenience?? Both should be prosecuted... period!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join