It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Citizen Blows Up on Cops After Officer Threatens to Kill Him for Filming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Good video of how not to be a cop here. A mesa cop has someone pulled over and as he is getting out of his car spots another man filming him.

The first thing he says is "why are you filming " then starts to tell him to stop filming then asks whats in his hand LOL and the guy replied "its a camera "

Cop then says you need to lower it because I dont know what it is, when he clearly knew what it was.

The officer actually pulls out his gun, aims it at the guy and threatens to kill him knowing its a camera.

Camera guy goes off ,screaming for a supervisor ,citing laws, and telling the cop he is screwed.

So a supervisor shows up and tells the guy to calm down he is being" hostile" so he says " let me go home grab a few guns and point them at you and threaten to kill you and see how hostile you dont get .
LOL

I have no idea what this cop was thinking but he should be fired and lose any rights to own guns.

thefreethoughtproject.com...
edit on 18-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Nothing will happen. The "I thought it was a weapon" excuse is too valuable a tool to give up; it's perfect for exactly situations like this, to get rid of dissenters while claiming it was a justified mistake.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

This is freedom, you are free to do as you are told, if you don't you are free to get shot for your troubles.....

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AquinasProtocol

Not if the investigation and prosecution are legit. The officer mentions it is a camera on camera before placing his hand on his weapon.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
First cop was absolutely wrong...clearly asked " why are you filming me ? " ..then goes on to point a gun at the guy with the go-pro.
But the other 2 cops remained pretty restrained compared to some videos I have seen.
I fully expected the video to end with a couple of these cops taking go-pro guy down and kneeling on his throat while the other one cuffed him while ordering him to stop resisting.

We need new tech so that our phones do not resemble weapons....that way the cops can stop being confused into thinking they are under threat
(sarcasm alert)
edit on 18/5/18 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hey those "camera guns" come in all shapes and sizes now huh?

Soon you'll get shot for talking or even just being there.

Hell, let's shoot everybody near. Hey, you just never know, they may have a gun?

Can't be too sure these days huh? LOL

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

We need new tech so that our phones do not resemble weapons....that way the cops can stop being confused into thinking they are under threat

No

The cops need to harden the F* up and know what a gun looks like and what a phone looks like.

Oh and stop being so paranoid (Here come the "you don't know what it's like over here man" crew in 5, 4, 3....)

But it seems no guns no drama huh?....Says me from the UK originally.

Here's a typical interaction with the Police:

Police "Sir, stop".

Me: "No Probs, how can I help you?"

See, no guns involved, no voilence....how easy was that?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I know.
Should have added..《sarc》

+4 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The first thing he says is "why are you filming "

That right there should end the police officer's career and give him 4-5 years in hard time.
No doubt , no exception
By his own admission , he knew what the person was holding , no matter what was claimed afterwards.
A lot of times I roll with the police
Not in this case

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The first thing he says is "why are you filming "

That right there should end the police officer's career and give him 4-5 years in hard time.
No doubt , no exception
By his own admission , he knew what the person was holding , no matter what was claimed afterwards.
A lot of times I roll with the police
Not in this case

The guy with the camera should own that cop, and any money he makes, for the rest of his natural life. The punishment for abuse of one's authority as a police officer should be slavery. Period.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
A follow up video.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
1. you don't jump out and approach a cop like that at a traffic stop 2. the guy was screaming and acting aggressive 3. he sounds like he could be intoxicated 4. Using the my dad was a cop excuse, well if his dad was a cop he should know that is not how you behave in public.
edit on 18-5-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I am glad you brought that all up...I was thinking the same thing.
The guy was looking for a problem.

By his own logic of "how would you like it if I pulled a gun on you"
How would he like it,if someone just walked up to him while he was doing his job and started filming him??

The guy might be a complete moron but the cop didn't have to go for the gun.

+11 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I am glad you brought that all up...I was thinking the same thing.

The guy was filming, the cop questioned him and he responded by saying he was filming....perhaps we watched two different videos but the guy filming became agitated when the cop first put his hand on his gun and then became even more agitated when the cop drew his weapon....

Perhaps I am wrong in my assessment but the guy filming had every right to become upset when the cop decided to touch and then proceed to draw his weapon....perhaps you are used to having guns pointed at you for doing nothing to deserve it.....to me that seems outrageous....

+18 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

What video did you watch?

I didn't see anyone "jump out" at a cop. The screaming started when the cop reached for his gun (common reaction to a deadly threat).

I saw a public servant go to a deadly weapon as a first resort. I saw a public servant fail to identify himself. I saw a public servant escalate (create) a situation through Gestapo tactics.

"I have a badge and a gun, kowtow to me or be met with deadly force" - is this really what you want to defend in America?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes..I am fortunate never to have had anyone point a gun at me. If I was ever in that situation it would completely freak me out. I would be agitated for sure.

In the video the go-pro guy reacts pretty strongly, but I don't think he is over reacting at all.
Different cop/ different day...he could have been killed.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Good video of how not to be a cop here. A mesa cop has someone pulled over and as he is getting out of his car spots another man filming him.

The first thing he says is "why are you filming " then starts to tell him to stop filming then asks whats in his hand LOL and the guy replied "its a camera "

Cop then says you need to lower it because I dont know what it is, when he clearly knew what it was.

The officer actually pulls out his gun, aims it at the guy and threatens to kill him knowing its a camera.

Camera guy goes off ,screaming for a supervisor ,citing laws, and telling the cop he is screwed.

So a supervisor shows up and tells the guy to calm down he is being" hostile" so he says " let me go home grab a few guns and point them at you and threaten to kill you and see how hostile you dont get .
LOL

I have no idea what this cop was thinking but he should be fired and lose any rights to own guns.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

The guy filming is obviously an instigator. He walked up solely to start a confrontation. It is quite obvious.

It's also not obvious the officer knew what it was. The guy is apparently filming with a camera and some other device as the camera stays still on the officer in the shot but you can clearly see and hear the guy saying he's putting his other one down and it appears to be a rather odd looking device.

Act stupid and win stupid prizes.
edit on 5/18/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

This is what happens when you give rent a cops a gun. I personally dont believe colleges should have armed police officers. The reason why is they will all ways get the people that couldn't get a job with a real police department. This guy should sue San Diego Community College for there officers actions. And some real thought has to be given about arming college police.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Pulling a gun was over the top for sure, but citizens have the right to take photos or videos of anything in the public, minus some government activities. The government has cameras all over the place and the average citizen can ask the camera to stop filming, but it won't answer, it won't stop filming, hopefully none of those cameras can pull a gun and threaten you. I would think anyone has the right to not be filmed, but I believe the law allows it in public spaces where it isn't prohibited.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

That cop should be fired, sued, and put in jail.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join