It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Citizen Blows Up on Cops After Officer Threatens to Kill Him for Filming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
that cop thought it was a weapon from star trek or star wars

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Ok lemme be the bad guy and say the obvious, the dude sounds like he is of the Caucasian Persuasion..but hey if he can ball down cops like that and walked away unscathed.. Wow!!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Big surprise someone brought racism into this, big surprise it was you.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Is it my imagination, or does it seem like more and more of these type stories, i..e., over the top cop type, are coming out of CA? This one is out of Mesa CA.

Its left me with the impression that things are very tense in CA these days.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This guy was looking for a problem, no doubt.

That being said, it was a good stress-test for composer.

If this officer can't keep his gun in his holster when faced with a dramatic protestor filming him, how is he going to act when confronted with real mental health issues.

Seems to me that in the US, if your brain don't work right, and your confronted by law enforcement... Your as good as dead.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I read all of the responses up to now before watching the video, and was expecting to see an aggressive out-of-control cop.

Not what I saw. I do think he was unjustified and stupid for drawing his gun. In fact, I think he was wrong for even questioning the go-pro guy. If that cop couldn't tell it was a camera, then he is definitely too stupid to be allowed to be a cop.

But- go pro guy was over the top! And humorous, to be honest. "It's a camera, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS!" Except that the incident shows what seems to be increasing issues with issues of police possible abuse of authority, it's funny as hell.

I stopped watching shortly after the first back up cop arrives, so don't know if there was worse stuff after that, but will finish later when my connection is better.

I do find it disturbing that the cop didn't dismiss it after asking the go-pro guy what he was doing. He shouldn't have asked him in the first place, I don't think, but we'll give him some leeway. After the response though, his continuing questioning is troublesome.

Why was he worried about being filmed? Why does he think he has the right to tell this citizen what to do when they aren't breaking any laws? And his moving of the camera also is troubling. Not his property.

That's my take.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

This right here tells you all you need to know. Are we really that surprised?

www.globalresearch.ca...

Can a person actually be “too smart” to be a cop in America?

A federal court’s decision back in 2000 suggests that, yes, you actually can be.

Robert Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, scored a 33 on an intelligence test he took as part of the application process to become a police officer in the town of New London, Connecticut. The score meant Jordan had an IQ of 125.

The average score for police officers was a 21-22, or an IQ of 104. New London would only interview candidates who scored between 20 and 27.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

He called himself an "auditor" in the video, and claimed that a lot of the force knew G.D. well who he was.

He seems to be be one of the many people out there who make it their business to film police every chance that they can.
People like him should be applauded for the risk they take, to expose the corruption, intimidation and overall trampling of the rights of the citizens by under trained, overzealous and sometimes outright evil cops.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Had an officer put a gun to my head and threaten to kill me once while already in cuffs and compliant

Now i have a sour taste in my mouth for officers

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think that guy has years of police harassment ahead.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Big surprise someone brought racism into this, big surprise it was you.

Hey someone gotta do it and yes I'm the guy that did, because it matters, other folks got killed for less, I'm sure if one swap out that guy and place in another , it wouldn't have went the way it did, lemme put this out there, I am in awe of his power to fearlessly confront the cops the way he did, even more so that he could walk away, not eating asphalt for lunch, officer quick draw knew who not to fkwid.
edit on 18-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa CroeAct stupid and you'll be a good cop.

fixed

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No, no & no.

Despite the officer's verbalized suspicion that this gentleman is holding a camera & filming, he is merely guessing. Fact is, many firearms are made to resemble common objects (both commercially made and illegally home-made).

He has no real way to know what this guy is holding. Look at that thing that and accessories, does not look like the standard go-pro.

I do agree with one angle, which is that it isn't a crime to film any person in a location they have no expectation of privacy. But I'd like to point out the officer never "aims" his weapon at the cameraman. He is initially in "low ready" and then transitions to what appears to me as "high ready"

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

He seems to be be one of the many people out there who make it their business to film police every chance that they can.

And who makes it their business to harass officers and interfere in their traffic stops.

People like him should be applauded for the risk they take, to expose the corruption, intimidation and overall trampling of the rights of the citizens by under trained, overzealous and sometimes outright evil cops.

LEOs are being murdered in the streets because of this BS rhetoric. Liars calling them racist, liars calling them evil... constant dehumanization.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sounds like a lot of speculation on your part. Anything solid?

I only bring it up because I seen accusations of "racism" and "discrimination" levied at officers every single damn time an incident happens. But one thing I haven't seen is actual evidence backing those accusations up.

So do you actually have evidence this would've gone another way? Because from where I'm sitting, each incident/suspect/bystander is different, and trying to compare two separate calls/scenarios is like comparing apples to pineapples: They sound the same, but are really nothing alike.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

No, no & no.

Despite the officer's verbalized suspicion that this gentleman is holding a camera & filming, he is merely guessing. Fact is, many firearms are made to resemble common objects (both commercially made and illegally home-made).

He has no real way to know what this guy is holding. Look at that thing that and accessories, does not look like the standard go-pro.

I do agree with one angle, which is that it isn't a crime to film any person in a location they have no expectation of privacy. But I'd like to point out the officer never "aims" his weapon at the cameraman. He is initially in "low ready" and then transitions to what appears to me as "high ready"

So then by that rationale, every officer should have theornguns out "high and ready" to anyone that holds anything because anything could be made into a gun.

The officer knew it was a camera immediately because he asked the guy why he was filming. There is no argument that supports anything other than this officer didn't like something and used his weapon to intimidate someone who was doing something he didn't like.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Can you show us the videos of these people you say would have suffered differently because of their race?

Something tells me the people your talking about wouldn't take the time to learn the laws that the guybin the OP did in order to challenge an officers authority.

Yeah I said it.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Sounds like a lot of speculation on your part. Anything solid? 

Yes I'm speculating in this case, but my speculation is bourn out of actual unarmed folks being shot or eating asphalt for squaring off against a cop, too many examples of that , a great many of these are so-called minority often AAs.
Let's just say I would recommend AAs and Latinos to square off against a cop pulling a gun, even if they are within their rights.
edit on 18-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Get real, the guy with the camera was on a witch hunt and emotionally completely out of control.

When I hear an idiot like that, I tend to give them zero credibility.

As for the officer, he handled that badly and never should have pulled his gun out. At most he deserves a verbal reprimand.

The camera guy though, what a moron.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
You are not be sincere at all. For one, not, many guns are made to appear S household goods items. Very very few actually do at all. In fact, the three gun shops closest to me, and there are many in this town, but the three closest as well as the pawn shops have not at any time I visited carried any firearm that appeared as anything but a firearm. They do exist, but are about as uncommon as finding twenty dollars on the ground, maybe even less so.

No harassment had taken place until the officer drew his weapon and essentially threatened this man with lethal violence. The man was in the area waiting g to document life, on the public right of way out in the open in a non threatening manner. The officer had to get out, and decided to harass the filming bystander and completely ignore his traffic stop.
edit on 5-18-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join