It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Martian Oddity Photographed by Curiosity on Sol 1185

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I noticed some little serrations around the upper edge of the object. Looked up the proposed genus comparison-- Eldonia. This invertebrate had a round body, made up of many fine, radial segments. The serrations observed could well be traces of similar structures. They'd be most obvious at the rim of the object, as they're further apart and more distinct there.
edit on 26-3-2018 by Ross 54 because: improved composition

edit on 26-3-2018 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

Indeed, it seems to be a pretty good match, at least if it were really a fossil of some kind.

I also think there are some radial segments visible, but for the fine details the resolution simply isn't high enough. But it's of course sufficient to clearly recognize the circular rim.

A close-up image with MAHLI could have provided certainty, but for some reason they chose to move on instead of inspecting this potentially intriguing feature.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Awesome Thread! And Great find!! There are also many anomalies present. I see faces on several of the stones here. Up to left corner, a small 'spider' like insect sits on a small stone. There is another insect right by that 'Spider'.

Syx

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

When those are together it looks like some symbols are on it!

Syx

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

If you look really close at it it looks like some sort of pick hammer type head that pointy piece looks like it's part of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Gargoyle91

I can see how You would think that! I can see that somewhat too. Do You see all the intricate stone work, with faces, and other symbols on a lot of rocks here?

Also, use a magnifier and a lot more will be revealed! Look at that yellow rectangle, go to the right vertical line, and follow that down about half way to the bottom of the image. Looks like one maybe two tiny people lounging on a layed out recliner.??! LOL!!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If you look towards 1:00 on the 3D Cross Eye photo, you see a sphere that looks like it might fit the black circle like a jewel set in an ornament.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Damn i really wanna go play around in that dirt.

I kinda wonder if its a peice from one of the failed Mars missions or something like that.
edit on 3/26/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If it was a picture of unknown origin, I would have said that it looked like a limpet or Hipponix fossil. Neat formation whatever it is. It does appear natural.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
When I first saw the image I straight away thought it was shell, some kind of mollusc

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: wildespace
I'm pretty sure the spheres are "blueberries". The main object in question looks like a hollow concretion that got broken in two.

Yeah, there are a lot of those lying around, actually. When I was looking more diligently, I tried to look more for spirals or some other shape that would be more difficult to have formed without the delicate touch of life.

There are odd shapes all over the place, however, it's pretty hard to say if they're fossils. Here's one from the other day, Sol 1996.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Here's another one, this one from Sol 2004. It's very small.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

that third image certainly does not look natural. it looks like a chain

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Boots on the ground, not this NASA BS.

They won't send me. Something about smoking.

My qualifications?

I'm willing to fight martians.

Are you?!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Looks like somebody just left there junk all around a desert.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Looks like a Martian toilet.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I sometimes get tired with all of this "natural" stuff. Even though I'm no blind believer. But whatever gets found is labeled as natural. can't we entertain a notion that it's a remnant of extraterrestial presence on Mars? Imagine this: An element of a long-crashed spacecraft that hit surface of Mars epochs ago, in time when the Earth was different and man was different. Or a part of a forgotten alien base, forever striped and laid bare by unrelenting Martian winds. Or an artifact from a time long lost when previous human civilization reached to Mars. Or a proof of Alternative 3! (okay, this one theory is bunk but fun to visualize nevertheless).

I mean, next time they bump into an alien spacecraft they will label it as natural as long as it's immobile, lights out and not broadcasting anything. I'm half-joking, half-serious of course.

We need to get a mission to Mars, and not a single landing that gives f all, but we'd have to travel the entire planet and excavate under the dirt (good luck with that) to conclude whether something really was there or not. The surface and climate are actually pretty good in concealing any evidence.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
If it was a picture of unknown origin, I would have said that it looked like a limpet or Hipponix fossil. Neat formation whatever it is. It does appear natural.

Just thought I'd add some imagery to what you mentioned above.

Patella vulgata

Hipponix Antiquatus

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

This is probably the best evidence i've seen yet.

I usually say 'meh' when it comes to these Martian anomalies but what makes me think is the rocks surrounding it-it could be the effect of flowing water and the resemblance to a mollusk makes it seem to good to be true.

However there could be a mundane excuse such as erosion from millions of years of sand storms (Mars can nail sand storms) and and of course their is electrical equipment-but still it's the best yet IMO; after all some folks' pareidolia lead them to believe a rock formation was an ape like creature.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Obviously its an interior door handle from a 65 Ford Mustang...

edit on 27-3-2018 by intrptr because: reply

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Before we get too excited about the prospect of Martian hip joints, I'm thinking this is probably pieces of something that fell off the lander. It seems to be very clearly artificial, and the most likely source for such a thing is, sadly, the Mars probe itself.

Fell off the lander???? ....R I G H T .... just like THIS object fell from the sky!
edit on 27-3-2018 by eNaR because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It also looks to me like an iron oxide “blueberry” that eroded and split in half. You can see examples of them doing a simple picture search. images.duckduckgo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join