It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungary PM directs secret services' investigation of George Soros

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Perhaps, but he does have a history of conflict with Soros.

In the past, it has always been an exchange of words and accusations. This time, he states he has directed his intelligence/law enforcement services to investigate Soros. The fact he has also stated it will be released to the public tells me he may not be bluffing.

I could believe someone would threaten an investigation in order to posture, but to offer the results to the public increases the credibility of the claim.

Just my two cents, however.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
I'm not so sure. Call me jaded but I get the feeling the PM is just doing a shakedown on Soros.

Once the big check gets cut I am almost certain the investigation will either drop cold or there will be found no wrong doing.

Not from Orban's government.

The man is no friend, and never has been, of Soros and his kind.

Kicked the IMF out of Hungary not to long ago too.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Man, what a beautiful ideal of life you must lead. Wonderful thoughts and thank you for that vision of freedom and personal responsibility. Kind of uplifting.

I agree that our constitution and bill of rights are a great foundation on which to build a country. Now, if only we could reclaim that glory. If we honored those documents, we wouldn't be infecting the rest of the world with our version of 'freedom'.

Now if you could explain to me why people love the continuous march towards globalism? It seems that at least half of our (USA) population loves large government. It seems like they need a nanny because they solidly reject personal responsibility and accountability. I wonder if it could be biological?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Link doesn't work for me, either.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
He certainly has the Hugh Hefner look down to a tee.

Choose Grip life!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I must have did the BB Code incorrectly

www.rt.com...

source: RT News

edit: I think I figured out why it didn't work. I had embedded BBCode within BBCode and maybe that is a no-no. I am unsure how it interprets nested tags. Unfortunately I am past my 4 hour window, but the link above should work.

Thanks for pointing this out, though!

JB
edit on 10/28/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It should also be noted that Hungary's Foreign Minister echoed the sentiment of the PM:

The activities of organizations funded by US billionaire investor George Soros in Hungary are “anti-democratic,” as they want to undermine the government in Budapest, the foreign minister of Hungary told RT.

Soros “would like this government to fail, he would like to kind of fire this government because he doesn’t like our approach, doesn’t like our policies,” Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto told RT’s Sophie Shevardnadze.

“We find it very anti-democratic if someone from abroad would like to influence Hungarian voters on whom to vote for,” he asserted.

source: RT News

Israel's Foreign Ministry confirmed the pervasiveness of Soro's subversive networks, proclaiming their support for Hungary's government:

Israel's foreign ministry defended Hungary's campaign against George Soros in a statement Monday, denouncing the Hungarian-US billionaire as someone who "continuously undermines Israel's democratically elected governments" by supporting NGOs.
The Israeli foreign ministry, however, said that criticism of Soros is legitimate

source: EU Observer

Judging by the massive amounts of money he's funneled into these groups, the threat he poses to the U.S. and abroad can not be taken lightly. It is my sincere hope that he is thoroughly investigated and punished for his continuous assault on our freedoms and Constitution.
edit on 10/28/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The good thing is that when they find something worth a bringing Soros to a courthouse, there will be no problem in order to extraditate him as he holds Hungarian citizenship.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem

RTlink is about:blank

Sh! Nobody actually tries to follow up on sources to check facts when it comes to bashing their favorite Joo.

Orban is using traditional Hungarian antisemitism to score domestic political points. Funny how so many of you people who hate America, hate the free press, and love a certain populist politician all love and admire Orban, heir to the Arrow Cross.

Time for someone to check in and remind us that Soros was a "Nazi collaborator."
edit on 29-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

All of a sudden Israel's repressive right wing government is in the right because it opposes George Soros funding pro-democracy NGOs? Politics does index make strange bedfellows.
edit on 29-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

The good thing is that when they find something worth a bringing Soros to a courthouse, there will be no problem in order to extraditate him as he holds Hungarian citizenship.

Funding pro-democracy NGOs is only a crime in fascist states.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I hear you. Hungary's unwillingness to allow their country to be ravished by the illegal invader horde also gives me great hope. When the day comes that people wake up to the invasion, Hungary and a few others can serve as a beacon of hope when it is time to rebuild.

You do realise they're neo-Nazi yeah? The PM is openly anti-semitic and called concentration camp guards 'exceptional statesmen' and this is part of their hate campaign.

Calling an openly nazi party and populace a beacon of hope isn't a good thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yeah right ... Soros pro-liberal democracy human rights bla bla bla ...
The reality is very different :

Soros Criminal Conviction Exposes "Human Rights" Scam

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

the man was at a youngish age involved with helping the Nazi party gather jews up for the camps, and he him self is jewish.

so from a very young age he was willing to sell his own people out to benefit himself.

i hope he ends up in prison but i highly doubt that will happen. money buys freedom in the US so i can imagine it does else where

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Go Hungary!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

That's not an unbiased source. His stance against zionism and the support for Ghaddafi is adorable.

This report also examines contributions from Soros to international NGOs such as Human Rights Watch ($100 million) and Amnesty International, both of which focus disproportionate and biased attention on Israel. The Soros gift to Human Rights Watch came after a series of scandals, including fundraising in Saudi Arabia to promote its anti-Israel campaigns and support for the Ghaddafi family as “human rights reformers.” Concurrently, founder Robert Bernstein publicly renounced Human Rights Watch, and a number of core donors also withdrew their support.

In the second category are organizations that aim to shift U.S. public opinion regarding the IsraeliPalestinian conflict. The report examines the role of the Soros family in supporting U.S.-based organizations such as J Street, Media Matters, the Center for American Progress, the National Iranian American Council (NIAC), and the Institute for Middle East Understanding. These groups share the goal of influencing American public opinion and leaders on Middle East policy issues, and reducing domestic support for Israel. NIAC seeks to enhance the public standing of the Iranian regime and shield it from efforts to prevent the illicit acquisition of nuclear weapons.

In the third category is funding for Israeli political opposition groups on the fringes of Israeli society. This includes gifts to organizations such as Adalah, B’Tselem, Breaking the Silence, Gisha, and Yesh Din. These organizations promote a narrow, marginal political agenda that is far outside the Israeli consensus, often join in promoting the Durban agenda, and in some cases reject Israel’s existence as a Jewish state. Other grant recipients are large foundations, such as the New Israel Fund, which in turn support many of these same Israeli organizations.

www.ngo-monitor.org...

And then there is this:

"If I can suggest that what comes out of this meeting is your ability, perhaps, to communicate to your colleagues in other parts of Europe: Help, Europe... Don't undermine the one Western country that defends European values and European interests and prevents another mass migration to Europe," he reportedly told Hungary's Viktor Orban, the Czech Republic's Bohuslav Sobotka, Poland's Beata Szydlo and Slovakia's Robert Fico.

Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu caught on microphone slamming EU in Budapest

Connect the dots?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

People will bring Soros jewishness on the table in order to accuse his critics of antisemitism (as if jewishness was an excuse to avoid criticism), while Soros himself is considered as an antisemite by Israel for his (mild) support of Palestine ...

This name calling is just an attempt at poisoning the well ... the help and support that Soros provides to any particular cause is never void of financial interest. And the sympathies his money bring him among the establishment and the corporate medias make sure the narative always focus on the theoretical 'good intentions' of his various sponsorings.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Not every jew is a zionist, nor a supporter of a jewish Israel (which de facto boils down to fascism with the exclusion of arabs). I don't disagree with you, nearly everyone on this planet has financial interests in mind and we should be wary of that.
But support for Ghaddafi (R.I.P.) and fighting zionism for a more democratic Israel seems like a good plan to me. Orban and Netanyahu are bedfellas with similar political agendas, while promoting their refugee wave Bollocks of fear and angst. This could tell you something as well.

edit on 29-10-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the very kind words and try every day to live up to those ideals you mentioned.

I love this country, and I love the people in this country. There is no event or future circumstances that I can see causing me to ever advocate abandoning our most cherished principles and institutions of the people. Globalism is, IMHO, an expression of direct and absolute democracy (ie: two wolves and a lamb voting on dinner/mob rule).

Ruling documents and legal statutes would be of little consequence in a democracy, which is concerned solely with the will of the majority (tyranny of majority rule). Our system of constitutional representative democratic republicanism addresses the shortcomings of democracy, and creates an environment that freedom and human rights can prosper under a limited government.

The many faces of governments around the world has taught us a great deal. When a government is large and all powerful, it turns to totalitarianism and subjugation by force to enact its policies (or in some cases, enact a majority's policies) against an arbitrary number of people. This is exactly the reason we have an electoral college and state by state Presidential elections (which is why California, for example, doesn't control 1/4 of the POTUS votes). We are best served defending/upholding our Constitution in its entirety, ensuring government is constantly shrinking and losing influence, and staying armed & trained. These measures will help to ensure the government and its institutions are in check at all times by the Citizens of this country, and remove any opportunity they have for tyranny.

I must digress a bit here. Recently there was discussion about the mass surveillance programs that most people have unknowingly bought into. There are many options of avoiding bulk collection, including total use of cryptography and isolation of electronic resources (ie: separate cell phones for different purposes, air-gapped networks, FDE, end-to-end encryption, etc). The massive electronic spy-state is easily circumvented through mass use of cryptography. Can they simply compromise end-points? Sure, some of them. But to think they can suddenly compromise every single device in this country is absurd. You have many individuals upset about the bulk spying, but do not choose to simply "opt out" and instead continue carrying their mobile surveillance devices with them at all times and feeding it/social media all kinds of personal information. We should opt-out of social media and bulk-surveillance

Sorry for the O/T there. I believe it is important to negate the government's technological advantages while remaining armed & vigilant and of course working 24/7 to shrink government and its role in our country. The government has the potential (thanks to our new President) to sail a totally new course, providing for the national defense and de-regulating for individual success & freedom. A government tyranny can arise at any point in the future, and the loss of this nation/loss of our freedom would be solely on the hands of the Citizens charged with protecting it (via the DOI/BOR).

My multi-paragraph rant does have a purpose, however. Although our government is friendly at the moment, subversives like Soros are constantly working to undermine the public's authority and our institutions of individual rights/freedoms. Soros and his followers do not believe in freedom, accountability, choice and responsbility. They believe in an all powerful nanny state that invades, dictates and oppresses every aspect of our civil society and personal lives in pursuit of some murky, largely undefined goals. We must all remain vigilant and steadfast to ensure our god-given nation and god-given rights are never infringed upon by the likes of Soros & Co.

One nation under god, we must stand indivisibly in support of our Constitution and duly elected/installed government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join