It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KCNA Announcement 9-24

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: cnoland

Time will tell. I keep hearing about how crazy Kim is, but I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully he is not because certainly he has nothing to win by starting a war with anyone, particularly the US. The US, or more specifically its arms manufacturers and the military-industrial complex have a great deal to gain and realize the any damage NK could do to the US would be acceptable losses in their eyes.

So far, hurricanes and earthquakes have done more damage than North Korea has done. And if they did do anything, China would probably invade them before the first US cruise missile flew over Pyong Yang.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cnoland
I started following the KCNA when all of this crap began a few weeks/months back but this is by far the most unsettling article I have seen. They do everything except actually making a declaration of war....

The link is a mirror site and the given URL there to [?] doesn't work.
However it seems, ahem, NK is on facebook..perhaps this issuance is there as well....there is an awful lot of OTT shiite there from...someone.

www.facebook.com...

onions.

edit on 24-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Did you hear Trump's speech to the UN? How many wars have the N. Koreans started since 1960? How many countries have they invaded? The most war mongering nation on Earth just threatened to wipe them off of the face of the Earth. I think it is a fairly measured response.

Yep, cause Lil Kim has done nothing to provoke or escalate, like unneccessarily setting off rockets/underground bombs.

Technically he didn't do anything illegal until he tested the nuclear weapon. We test and have military drills ALL of the time. We even do it right in his backyard but as soon as he wants the ability to defend himself we jump

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

LOL

"Leader, Just Give Us Your Order".

More like "Leader, Just Give Us Your Dinner" .... hell, they will even split it 5 ways and still eat better than a normal day.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Other than shooting rockets over Japan, I don't think they've done anything we haven't. He saw the payoff Iran got for their nuke program and he wants the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yawn.

Mos t South Koreans doubt the North will start a war: poll
[A Gallup Korea survey found that 58 percent of South Koreans felt there was no possibility North Korea will cause a war, while 37 percent said they thought it would.

Gallup Korea began asking South Koreans the question in 1992, and the percentage of respondents this time who thought the North would not start a war was the second highest since then.

In the first poll in 1992, 69 percent of those questioned thought the North would start a war while only 24 percent thought it would not. ]

More than ever, South Koreans want their own nuclear weapons
[It seemed like a fringe idea not too long ago, but the proposal for South Korea to have its own nuclear arms is gaining steam here.

There are many reasons South Korea probably will not pursue this path. A big one: President Moon Jae-in took office in May promising a path toward denuclearization of the whole peninsula, so the chances of South Korean nuclear armament are slim.

But this debate has become a key issue after North Korea's sixth and most powerful nuclear test, carried out Sept. 3, and the controversy underscores the frustration in the South over the North’s expanding nuclear and missile program.

Throughout much of the Cold War, the United States had stationed nuclear-armed weapons in South Korea. Then, in 1991, President George H.W. Bush withdrew all tactical nuclear weapons deployed abroad, and Moscow reciprocated.

The debate over redeploying those weapons is sharply dividing South Korean politics. The main opposition party is doubling down on its calls for a redeployment of tactical nuclear weapons, buoyed by widely circulated reports from the weekend citing a senior White House official that the Trump administration isn't ruling it out as an option, as well as similar comments by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), whom many here recognize as a leading U.S. voice in security matters.]

Canadians Think Trump Is Making North Korea Situation Worse, Poll Suggests
[84 per cent say he's increased the risk of conflict.]

Poll: Here's What Americans Want Done About North Korea
[Here’s how dealing with North Korea’s nuclear program breaks down:

Tighten economic sanctions on the North: 76 percent.
Impose sanctions on companies doing business with China: 68 percent.
Conduct air strikes on North Korea’s nukes: 40 percent.
Send U.S. troops to destroy nuclear weapons: 28 percent.
Let North Korea keep the nukes it has, but produce no more: 21 percent.
Accept that North Korea will keep on producing nuclear weapons: 11 percent.]

Poll: Growing Number of S. Koreans See N. Korea as Enemy
[In 2015, 41 percent of respondents said they viewed North Korea as South Korea’s enemy, a significant jump from 15 percent in 2005.

The study said South Koreans’ view of North Korea appeared to become negative in 2010, when North Korea’s alleged attack on a South Korean navy ship took place, followed by North Korea’s shelling of a South Korean island. North Korea’s nuclear tests might have also contributed to the negative view, the study said.

The survey found that the negative view was higher among younger respondents than older respondents, which is contrary to a widespread perception that younger South Koreans are more likely than older South Koreans to hold a favorable view of North Korea.]
Only 41%

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: cnoland

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well that does it for me.

North Korea said stuff.

I'm surrendering!

I am not saying we need to surrender. What we need to do is take this # serious. NK has proven to be more capable than we believed time and time again.

I'm a fat old man. There isn't too much in this world that can scare the piss out of me any more.

Maybe the ladies from "The View", but that's about it.

Some fat little sissy with nukes?

Yeah, sh#t-brains might cause some damage, but I'm going to lose zero sleep over it.

I'm more worried about my prostate than some inbred north Korean lady-boy.

You always crack me up The women from the View frighten me at times as well lol

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Unlike Obama, Trump doesn't give a crap about our allies.

What allies are you referring to?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

South Korea. Perhaps Japan.

Seriously? You didn't know that?

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
DPRK is the Democratic peoples republic of Korea. They are democrats..
Democrats are silly.
Democrats say silly things all the time, and then they get whooped, and can't figure out what the hell just happened to them.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

South Korea. Perhaps Japan.

Seriously? You didn't know that?

Simple question is all it was.....I know what allies are over there.
Why do you think Trump doesn't give a crap about them?
Because last I checked, he hasn't pulled our troops and other military assets out of the area.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
DPRK is the Democratic peoples republic of Korea. They are democrats..
Democrats are silly.
Democrats say silly things all the time, and then they get whooped, and can't figure out what the hell just happened to them.
I can see Hillary eyeing the next election over there.

She wouldn't have to alter her wardrobe and she could be herself!

North Koreans would never notice the difference!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here is the post to why I was replying:

The difference this time is, if Kim pushes Trump, unlike Obama Trump will push back.

Saber rattling means putting our allies at great risk.

Not that tough to understand.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Its a little more heated now but NK has been releasing films of blowing up US Cities and such for a long time. NK threatened to nuke Austin something like 5 years ago. This isnt something that is just a reaponse to Trump, though he has been clumsy at handling the situation. Blustery and the opposite of deft.

The NK situation is an issue no matter our president though. Its been a festering issue that has been kicked down the road for 20 years by multiple administrations and now they are maybe a year or two off from full range icbms with hydrogen warheads. Does that not make any lefties very uncomfortable? It should. A lot of your favorite cities have been targeted by NK rhetoric over the last decade.

Communist NK is not your friend. I know you think communism is all cake and cookies, but its really not. Most of you would be put in prison by a system like NK or starve from a system like in Venezuela. Or be equally poor in a system like Cuba. Its not awesome. And Kim is not planning on sharing awesomeness with you.

Should we launch a war? I dont know. Id rather not, but i guess that depends a lot on our military capabilities that arent released to the public. Could we reliably shoot down all icbms headed our way? If so, then you ignore Kim. Can Kim be deposed in other ways? If so, do it. Is there any way to convince China to deal with it? Probably not. Why has our government alienated Russia when they could have been made an ally? Why have we not used the possibility of a nuclear armed Japan as leverage against NK and China?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Here is the post to why I was replying:

The difference this time is, if Kim pushes Trump, unlike Obama Trump will push back.

Saber rattling means putting our allies at great risk.

Not that tough to understand.

That's an opinion, my opinion is saber rattling can keep them safe. DPRK can't figure out Trump and you can tell they're frustrated.

But to say he doesn't care about our allies? You could be a writer for the DPRK.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really? Well, the allies give a crap about Trump because he doesn't bow to them and kiss their a**.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join