It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stain or Stein just got real interesting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
To be honest this whole ME stuff had me interested until people started getting absolutely RIDICULOUS on social media and decided at least 50% of major corporations/brands were spelled/advertised differently 10+ years ago.

Just shows how little attention people pay to mundane, unnoteworthy things.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
To be honest this whole ME stuff had me interested until people started getting absolutely RIDICULOUS on social media and decided at least 50% of major corporations/brands were spelled/advertised differently 10+ years ago.

Just shows how little attention people pay to mundane, unnoteworthy things.

The reasons for ME are still very interesting, but I just don't believe it has anything to do with alternate timelines and/or alternate universes.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: sputniksteve

If only I knew what? That you remember the correct spelling?

You just said you do.

I'm not here to make fun of you, but you are saying you remember the spelling correctly.

It's 'Berenstein' that ME believers claim is what they remember in a different timeline.

That is YOUR version of the story...people have been reporting it EITHER WAY for decades now.

As sputnik said you do not understand.

I do understand. It's been demonstrated that the name is easily misspelled and has even been misspelled on printed merchandise.

A look at Find-A-Grave shows there are other people who had the last name Berenstain. Odd as it may "look," the name is found outside of Jan and Stan Berenstain's family.

And here is Stanley Berenstain, and his family, in the 1940 U.S. Census: Link

Here is Stanley Berenstain's obit in 2005: Link

Here is Jan Berenstain's obit in 2012: Link

In fact, I can't find any official record of the family ever having been named 'Berenstein.'

But I can find significantly more 'Berensteins' than 'Berenstains.' That explains why people might have thought the name was 'Berenstein.' Plus, Stanley was Jewish, so one would expect the name to be 'Berenstein.'

I am simply trying to explain why someone could very easily have mistaken the name for 'Berenstein.' I don't think it's the ME-disbelievers that are being unnecessarily rude. This isn't rocket science and I am not stupid. Of course I understand.

edit on 9/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
As a decades-old licensed property...it would absolutely be in the owners and marketer's best interests to subtly perpetuate the ME narrative for advertising, PR and financial purposes.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
As a decades-old licensed property...it would absolutely be in the owners and marketer's best interests to subtly perpetuate the ME narrative for advertising, PR and financial purposes.

Maybe. But I think it's just as easy for people to have never really bothered to look closely enough at the name to know it was "stain" instead of the more common "stein", so now when they are told it was "stain:, they are surprised.

The PR and financial purposes does not answer the question "why do people think Mandela died in prison?". That, too, is answered by the fact that people who now think back to 1989 will vaguely remember that he was a frail old man who was rotting away in prison, which could easily today lead them to the mistaken notion that he died.

Again, a very reasonable and most likely explanation for both "Berenstein" and "Mandela died in 1989" is that people try to put bits of memory clues together in their heads, and those clues come up with the wrong answer.

Maybe there is something to the idea that the publishers are perpetuating "Berenstein" for PR purposes, but there doesn't necessarily need to be that for people to have not paid enough attention to the name as written on the book covers in the past to recall the correct spelling today.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I'm sayin is that a perfectly reasonable and extremely likely explanation for ME is "because people misremember, mis-learn, or have mistaken memory". NOT "because parallel universes".

Well of cause do I agree with this possible explanation. But why now all the sudden misremembering ?

Some anecdotes why I beg to differ :

My in my own little Anecdotes

C3po , i played with that figurine for years and never noticed the silver leg. Also many 'misrememberings' were translate as people remember them. ( e.g. Sex in the city , is Sex in the city in Russian , a vampire is a vampire etc.... ) Translation is a serious job so why did translators such a lousy job (misremembering the obvious) that isn't misremembering that is misquoting by people that are paid to do a correct job?

It seems to me that reality is much more fluid than assumed. If physical reality is indeed a simulation ME might just be a mere side-effect.

Bad memory ? Soylent green is coming.... or was it winter , we need a rather big Dragon to survive this war

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If I was "right" why would I be making the thread, and why wouldn't anyone point out that I was "right"?

because in this case 'right and wrong' is subjective to which reality it is you reign from -
Are you from Castle Stein or Fortress Stain?

Coz that determines where you stand on 'right and wrong'
But I thinks I see what you're saying.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

I'm sayin is that a perfectly reasonable and extremely likely explanation for ME is "because people misremember, mis-learn, or have mistaken memory". NOT "because parallel universes".

Well of cause do I agree with this possible explanation. But why now all the sudden misremembering ?

I don't know if the phenomenon now called the ME is "sudden". For example, the argument that New Zealand had moved is a decades-old thing.

Most likely, things such as "stain" or "stein" is more widely discussed today than in the past due to the explosion of social media and the internet.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Well right , New Zealand forgot about that , All these ME effects I chalk up to inaccurate map projections (perhaps I'm wrong and it's ME ) people remember it good but there are many different kind of map projections.

Remember Hi Brasil in Connection with the Piri Reis map. I find it kinda strange that a map that accurate (for that time) depicts a non existing land mass. Also on another map I saw that New Zealand was connected to Antartica. Maybe there is something with the 'moving' landmasses theory IDK.

Tinfoil Alert

Social media sure add to the meme , but also all social media are somewhat self correcting so why doesn't this happen with ME ?!
What if 'winston at the ministry of truth' knowns more
look the world as it is right now smells 1984. And digitally changing content isn't that difficult.
What is ME is a testrun for something bigger like controlling the past.
Statures are already being destroyed maybe even history is being digitally rewritten.... in order to control the future.
ME is very interesting indeed even if it's only bad memory which I highly doubt.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

MacDonald, McDonald, Stuart, Stewart, tomato, tomato...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I long for the alternate time line/dimension in which we Steinfolk can live peacefully and unoppressed by yon Stainites

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Im a 43yo guy and know for a FACT it was Berenstein bears. i never had the books as a kid but read them all the time in school and at the drs office. And who the hell are Jan and Stanley Berenstain??? Every single book i every picked up CLEARLY said Sid Berenstein on the back! Hence the name Berenstein Bears... Im not crazy and i have other friends my age that clearly remember the same thing and me. Yes the ME is REAL and things have shifted.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
One of the interesting things is commentary like this thread, this isnt the only mandela that is openly discussed for years or decades without people correcting those whore bringing a supposedly erroneous version.

Youd also think thered be a long history of commentary on the peculiarity of being named stain as well as jokes.

Perhaps there is but many mandelas lack that history of corrections... as if corrections only started for them in the recent past.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jersey Devil
a reply to: RadioRobert

Im a 43yo guy and know for a FACT it was Berenstein bears. i never had the books as a kid but read them all the time in school and at the drs office. And who the hell are Jan and Stanley Berenstain??? Every single book i every picked up CLEARLY said Sid Berenstein on the back! Hence the name Berenstein Bears... Im not crazy and i have other friends my age that clearly remember the same thing and me. Yes the ME is REAL and things have shifted.

I'm 46 and it was always Berenstain. Still is. I had the books, so did my kids.

Sid Berenstein? Never heard that one with regard to this theory.

edit on 9/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: ETA: Because memory is so fallible, I thought I was 47, for a moment. I think I may have claimed to be 47 a few times! Memory isn't a perfect record!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

It seems to me that reality is much more fluid than assumed.

Is what I am hoping people will take away from this thread. If there is anything of value that can be gained, it is a real and tangible understanding of that statement right there.

I only wish there was a way I could show you all, not for my benefit but for yours. If I wouldn't have already had the most extraordinary 2 months of my entire 37 years, I would have absolutely lost my mind on Sunday. If I really stop to dwell on it, it creeps up on me even now.

Maybe some of you will eventually see for yourselves, maybe you won't. It is up to you as far as I know.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Is what I am hoping people will take away from this thread.

I fully understand and appreciate that statement but that is not what I'm taking away from this thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I am glad you let me know, I was wondering.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Let you know? I did no such thing must have been a shift in timelines.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Do you feel better for having gotten all that off your chest? I certainly do for you having gotten it off your chest. Whew.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Do you feel better for having gotten all that off your chest? I certainly do for you having gotten it off your chest. Whew.

What are you talking about? I didn't have anything on my chest.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join