It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stain or Stein just got real interesting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yes you did, I saw it. It was right there.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

That was just some salsa that fell off a chip. That wasn't weighing anything and even though I tried to lick it off, most of that is still there, so that couldn't have been it.

Honestly, all I get from this thread is that you believed one thing then were convinced of something else and now...you lost me there with all the complaining.

I'm not sure how that ties with the statement in the post I replied to.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

See, now we are on the same page. I knew we could do it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
See, now we are on the same page. I knew we could do it.

I'm in the same spot that I was in back on page 7.

Basically wondering why this is such a big deal for you. Like:

if for no other reason than they don't have to humble themselves and admit how wrong they were and how confused they are now.

I guess I don't see what the big deal is.

edit on 19-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yes I understand that part.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Really?

I don't think you do but I guess it really isn't that big a deal.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, I fully understand that you don't understand why this is important or out of the ordinary for me. I get it, you are not alone in your position. I have heard it more times than you could possibly tell me on your own.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Your picture answers your question. They are called barinstain bears named after there creator. In the book however it was the barenstien family. See the tags with thier names. When talking about all the bears it goes by the authors name.
edit on 9/19/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I understand your position.

I don't see why you think others would feel what you described if they had to accept that something that they thought was one way turned out to be different.

I do believe you are conflating different things. I say this after stumbling upon your "Lets all say Hi to them together" thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

And I am telling you, that you are 100% wrong. About what you think I am saying, and what you think I am actually experiencing. I don't expect you to believe me or change your mind, but I am not going to capitulate just because you can't fathom or believe me. You think you understand, but you clearly don't.

This is not a complicated thing people. I think I have had my fill of repeating myself though. I appreciate all of you pointing out my simple mistakes, and the reasons I must be confused and confounded. Again, and again, and again. It was fun.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
And I am telling you, that you are 100% wrong. About what you think I am saying, and what you think I am actually experiencing.

You just said we were on the same page.

I don't expect you to believe me or change your mind, but I am not going to capitulate just because you can't fathom or believe me. You think you understand, but you clearly don't.

Capitulate what? You complaining and not really explaining and then making reference to a line which is supposed to make things clear but doesn't?

That would be a waste of time for all involved.

edit on 19-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Like I said, as BerenSTAIN, it doesn't even look normal.

Well it doesn't sound normal to us, because it's not a typical name, but it's the creators name.. so I don't think you can use the "doesn't look normal" angle. Their name is their name. Unless their name changed. Which I suppose is possible.. just check out Caldwell / Coldwell Bankers. : )

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If you look around the Internet for Berenstain plush dolls you'll find several variations.

Let's take a quick look at some on Ebay right now...

There are at least 3 variants.

(Can't link because Ebay's links are to complicated for the ATS BBScript and screws it up. Just search for "berenstain plush doll".)

First the same as the one in the OP, BUT the second Berenstain is correct:

The second is the same as the on in the OP but with no second Berenstain/stein at the bottom:

And the third one is the same "Berstein" version as the one that was posted by another poster:

All this proves is that (choose one or more of the following options):
1. People make mistakes.
2. There are counterfeits.
3. Copy editors need to be fired.

This is not proof of the "Mandela effect". This is proof of "human error" which explains 99.99999999999% of all Mandela effect evidences.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

...And the third one is the same "Berstein" version as the one that was posted by another poster:

All this proves is that (choose one or more of the following options):
1. People make mistakes.
2. There are counterfeits.
3. Copy editors need to be fired.

This is not proof of the "Mandela effect". This is proof of "human error" which explains 99.99999999999% of all Mandela effect evidences.

OR....
Maybe that tag was only dipped half-way into the "time stream" of the alternate timeline, so that's why only half of the tag was affected.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

OR....
Maybe that tag was only dipped half-way into the "time stream" of the alternate timeline, so that's why only half of the tag was affected.

That's my preferred theory.

but on a serious note, I'm willing to accept that we Steinfolk are victims of strange brain games. I distinctly remember -stein. I answered the question with complete confidence. One of my best friends had a giant collection of "those bears", books, stuffed animals, etc. Also remembers -stein. More blown away than me. Actually gets creeped out when/if I bring it up. Lots and lots of other people are equally convinced they remember it as -stein. I'm still willing to cede that faulty memories and mind tricks are the most logical explanation.
But this really only makes it more interesting to me. Why should people have not simply fuzzy or misremembered notions of the name, but strong convictions to a specific contrary answer? Exactly what sorcery or mind-####ery is at play here?

Also, full disclosure, I think the Mandela people or moving New Zealand people are all nutters

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

I just acquired a couple of fake security cameras, made in China. I would post a pic to prove it, but I won't.

"CHOKING HAZARD-small Farts. Not for children under 3 years"

"The motion detectorsensor and activation light makesit appear to be an actual se#ycamera."

Yah, I figured the autocensor would catch the second one. The spelling is that of a vulgarity for female genitalia. (you can see it if you quote this post)

edit on 9/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So you're saying you clearly remember ordering high-end German security cameras but due to the Mandela effect you ended up with cheap Chinese rip-offs?

Those Asian/English translations makes for hours of entertaining reading.
Except when you're trying to make the electronics work by reading the instructions. Last week I tried to set the alarm on my Mom's new alarm clock. The instructions said "Press hold button seconds".
There are 8 buttons on the stupid thing...

But I digress. Slightly.

It still comes down to the point: Mistakes on (toy) packaging aren't proof of anything.

Alternatively, there's a lot of proof of the Mandela effect available:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Lordy.

Our timelime done shifted. Bigly.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

...Alternatively, there's a lot of proof of the Mandela effect available:

Someone should tell the maker of that not to be so racist.

Not all big green creatures look alike. #shreksmash

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

but on a serious note, I'm willing to accept that we Steinfolk are victims of strange brain games. I distinctly remember -stein....
...I'm still willing to cede that faulty memories and mind tricks are the most logical explanation.

But this really only makes it more interesting to me. Why should people have not simply fuzzy or misremembered notions of the name, but strong convictions to a specific contrary answer? Exactly what sorcery or mind-####ery is at play here?

"BrainGames" is a good way of putting it. And, yes -- I also think the idea that our minds are easily fooled and confused is extremely interesting.

It's not simply "misremembering", but I think often has to do with how memories are stored in the first place. The brain does not have a brain cell set aside dedicated to "the name of those bears in those books", but rather stores (and later recalls) tiny bits of the memory information all over the brain that, when put together, amount to our memories -- such as the names of those bears.

I think the brain does this to be efficient -- i.e., it connects any input to things it already knows. However, sometimes those connections are not exact connections (such as connecting the names of those bears with the idea that a common ending for last names is "_stein"), and thus the recall can be inaccurate.

"Mind-F%&kery" indeed.

edit on 22/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join