It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Trying One Last Time to Replace ObamaCare Before the 9.30.2017 Deadline.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yep.. Insurance plans varied tremendously from state-to-state before ObamaCare. For example, in New York, ObamaCare wasn't a big shock to those citizens, because the state mandated free physicals, maternity, etc.. just like ObamaCare. ObamaCare caused their premium to go up a relatively minor 17% or so.

But for 2018, all states, including New York, will see about 26% higher premiums, a new 3% Health Insurance Tax on all Americans, higher deductibles, and only 1 company to choose from in half the country. Pure hell for everyone. (But don't expect the liberal Obama/Hillary-loving media to talk about it.)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: the owlbear

If basic health needs were met. No overcrowding emergency rooms for the flu or five stitches. More urgent care, more nurse practitioners able to take care of small ailments. Two check ups per year with blood screens. I'd pay the government a couple of grand from my check. With the ACA, the cheapest plan was $260/mo for me. With a $5k deductible for everything health related before I could even see a penny back. Meanwhile I still had to pay that sum. Which, with out a major catastrophe, it didn't make sense. Still doesn't.

We are only talking about 10% of the country that is in your predicament of either making too much for medicaid or who do not get health insurance through their place you work. There should be some way to add that 10% to an existing plan without costing trillions...lol

The ACA-Obamacare was designed to reduce the number of uninsured Americans. But the approach was so expensive that all the uninsured and sickest Americans could have been automatically enrolled on Medicare or Medicaid for 10 years, without spending anywhere near the $2 Trillion that ObamaCare is taking from taxpayers.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Number is not necessarily quality. More insured doesn't mean better off. With single payer, there is no need for insurance.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: the owlbear

Your situation is something where you should direct your anger at your state government. They're the ones who refused to expand Medicare specifically so that you wouldn't be covered, so that they could save some money.

The states that didn't expand Medicaid wanted to avoid the financial crunch that the states who did expand Medicaid are now experiencing.

Medicaid expansion was paid 100% by the Federal Government for the first 5 years. This year, 2017, they must pay 5% of the cost. By 2020, they will pay 10% of the cost. That schedule of transferring more responsibility to the states was built into ObamaCare from the start. That 5%-10% is HUGE. About $9 Billion thus far.
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: trutel
The best solution is single payer. Every country except America has single payer.

Single-Payer would work in America if:

1. Physicians, Hospitals, and other Medical Providers, are willing to take a 35%-40% cut in revenue/pay.
2. U.S. citizens are willing to pay about $4,500 more in taxes and fees on income, and goods/services purchased.

Huge hurdles..

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: carewemust

What exactly is regular order? I've never heard of this term before. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his brain cancer.

The term is as common as the Sun in the Daytime.

Regular Order in Congress

Your article says that REPUBLICANS are against "regular order" in Congress. Is that true, Xuenchen?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You have experience working with health insurance I believe.

What are some of the better states to live in in regard to affordable healthcare? I'm a private business owner in CA and this is killing us. But private or not, it's not much better for my wife who works for a company. What about a state like VA?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
TBTF Medical, Pharmaceutical and Insurance had so-called "Obamacare" bill in hand and ready to deploy politically upon his election.

I find it telling that those entities would promote a system crashing bill that incrementally destroys that which public identifies as "healthcare" one has to infer the TBTF medical industrial complex actually desires "Single Payer" and that is their goal.

Why?

Because it more or less permanently bakes in absolute theft and lawbreaking that's rampant by imdenification and color of law making it legal to fleece the public even worse than now.

They become richer and even more above the law.

You folks pushing single payer need to comprehend who wrote PPACA and just why.

Secondly other countries SP systems don't have a bought and paid for Congress like TBTF medical Industy has in U.S.

Apples and Oranges.

The only good thing about new bill is it brings the corruption closer to the local level where by some small miracle isolated pockets of voters might actually affect it.

Just need one or two states set the example and whole rotten house of cards will fall elsewhere.

Meanwhile millions will continue getting financially raped.

Phoenix

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What about the drug companies....and drug prices......and tort reform.

Not to mention....who the heck could afford that much more in taxes? If you make $40,000...that is like 10% more....and not affordable.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
.....a new 3% Health Insurance Tax on all Americans, higher deductibles, and only 1 company to choose from in half the country. Pure hell for everyone.

3% tax on all Americans?
Define "ALL" and how it is going to be collected?

WTF

What I saw online....I couldn't get a good feel about the tax.
ETA
just saw this.....nasty
www.breitbart.com...
www.insurance.com...
edit on Sun Sep 17 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Isn't the ratio of TBTF medical administration getting to be something on order 10/1 ?

Instead of cutting actual physical provider salary why not bloated executives suite and bonus system based on screwing over the public and folks actually giving care.

No, more taxes will just prolong and extent the issues and lead to more of the same - less service, more cost as Admin and stockholders maintain same income.

Absurdity abounds until real cost control is accomplished through anti-trust laws.

It'll be lots of Admin and Executives out of work but it's only way I see to end the issue and get to state of affordable healthcare for average American.

The longer this sham goes more painful it'll get to correct.

Sure this entire industry indeed paid our politicians for unbridled greed but it's politicians fault that they allowed themselves to be bought - both parties btw.

Jail time and loss of office should be result, but as long as folks remain bound to some nameless taxpayer picking up tab, nameless other insureds picking up tab or just plain get it free that's not being brought into public square.

Seems moot to inform people their normal routine care cold be done out of pocket for less than average cell phone bill if these crooks were properly dealt with.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

What exactly is regular order? I've never heard of this term before. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his brain cancer.

Your article says that REPUBLICANS are against "regular order" in Congress. Is that true, Xuenchen?

Yup.

But mostly because of what jealous Harry Reid did.

It's just payback.

Sometimes it works however.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

You have experience working with health insurance I believe.

What are some of the better states to live in in regard to affordable healthcare? I'm a private business owner in CA and this is killing us. But private or not, it's not much better for my wife who works for a company. What about a state like VA?

MysticPearl, as long as ObamaCare exists, there are no STATES that are better/worse than any other, in the individual/family market.

For employer coverage, it varies more from company-to-company than state-to-state. Generally, the larger the corporation, the less the employee must pay in premiums and out-of-pocket costs for medical care.

Since Virginia has an overall lower cost-of-living than California, the employer-based health insurance costs less too. As for ObamaCare policies purchased by an individual, it's just as expensive in VA, as in CA, because ObamaCare does not take into account state-to-state variations in cost of living. It's a one size shotgun to the head for all.

Your best bet is to get into a Medical Sharing program. I believe over 2 million ObamaCare "refugees" have done so over the past 4 years. From what I experience and read, people who enroll in one are satisfied to the point where they don't even consider returning to ObamaCare.

If you're not aware of these Medical Sharing groups, check out this link for an overview..
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9/17/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
if republicans were serious about replacing obamacare they would have already had a plan in place, they had 10 years to come up with a better plan and they HAVEN`T, they don`t care about replacing obamacare or if they do care about it they are just too stupid to do it, that`s why as a registered republican I`m voting AGAINST all of the republican senators in my state.

they have been talking the talk for 10 years and now that they have been given the chance to walk the walk they all seem to be confined to wheelchairs, well I`m done with these lying fools.

build a wall and replace obamacare or you`re going back home to practice law or sell insurance MR Senator.
because that`s all that`s in the senate,right? failed lawyers and failed insurance salesman.

edit on 17-9-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Indeed, defrauding the government's healthcare systems is HUGE. Just one "sting" operation earlier this year encompassing 400 people, uncovered a whopping $1.4 Billion in Medicare and Medicaid fraud, perpetuated by medical providers.
www.washingtonpost.com... 74d814e3fc

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

.....a new 3% Health Insurance Tax on all Americans, higher deductibles, and only 1 company to choose from in half the country. Pure hell for everyone.

3% tax on all Americans?
Define "ALL" and how it is going to be collected?

WTF

What I saw online....I couldn't get a good feel about the tax.
ETA
just saw this.....nasty
www.breitbart.com...
www.insurance.com...

ObamaCare was DESIGNED to cause increasing financial pain across all sectors of society. The ultimate goal is to make America BEG for single-payer. Once taxes and fees reach a certain point, Single-Payer will be easy to transition to. The next significant tax hit will be the 40% "Cadillac Tax" in 2020.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

If the U.S. went to a Medicare-For-All system, the executives and stockholders at the top of the food chain would be forced to take huge cuts.

But to get to Medicare-For-All, America would need to get a Democratic majority in the House and Senate. If the cost of such a system isn't too burdensome on the population, President Trump would sign/approve this landmark legislations. He's spoken highly of Australia and the Netherlands systems for the better part of 2 decades.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Yup.

But mostly because of what jealous Harry Reid did.

It's just payback.

Sometimes it works however.

I got a kick out of how Republicans used Harry Reid's "Nuclear Option" when confirming conservative Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court this year. I'm sure that Harry said "Uh Oh!", when Republicans became the majority party in the House and the Senate. He knew that his dirty deed was going to come back to bite his party.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Exactly right, Tardacus. If Republicans don't follow-through on their most sacred stated promise, which was to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare, they don't deserve to be re-elected. It's a tragedy that we're 9 months into 2017, and they still haven't fulfilled that promise.

You, me and President Trump are still fuming over their lack of will. Fortunately, President Trump is smart enough to realize that the current crop of Republicans don't care about voters. They just SAY that they do. It's been 2 weeks since they've returned from Summer vacation, and the Republicans haven't done squat! The things that have been accomplished resulted from Trump working with Democrats. Whatever works for America/Americans, works for me!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

That be the case, skip the dance fee and go straight for the jugular.

Docs, Nurses and custodians can run what's left just fine without government or private leeches bought from bankruptcy 10 cents on the dollar.

2-3 years after this all be a bad memory.

Done other ways it'll be like a hangover one can never get rid of, be permanent headache.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join