It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage as well-known rapper 'lynches' small white child in music video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This so distasteful! Even more so than Kathy Griffin holding up a decapitated likeness of President Trump, IMO.

Excerpt from: www.foxnews.com...

Rapper XXXTentacion is under fire after releasing a disturbing music video featuring a Caucasian boy being lynched on a stage as an African-American boy looks on.

The video “Look At Me!" debuted on Tuesday and features imagery depicting police brutality, violent protests, and the 19-year-old Florida-based rapper placing a white child’s head in a noose on stage in front of a crowded theater and then hoisting him up into the air.
Why can't people who display racial or ethnic HATE in public, be charged with HATE CRIMES? Does someone need to be injured or killed for the Hate Crime law to be activated?

+++++++

Also, why doesn't Black Lives Matter mobilize members to help the hurting people in Texas and Florida. As we see on the news, there are thousands of African Americans in need of assistance in both states. For that matter, why isn't the outspoken NAACP, ANTIFA, or the "Stronger Together" DNC doing much of anything to ease suffering of Texans and Floridians?

From a political standpoint, I'm glad to see them turn a blind eye to the suffering. It proves how callous, crazy, selfish they are. But from a humanity standpoint, they're beyond disgusting.

-CareWeMust

I guess people don't listen to words anymore and only listen to what they see, that song was all about ending prejudice he even said very specifically that a lot of blacks are racist out right and that it's wrong.

If you just watch the video on mute you'll be blown away, but if you can manage [and I know it's hard] to listen to the actual words of that song, [the song isn't very palatable, but the lyrics are not daft] you'll see it's all about the opposite of the images.

That's called art, love it or hate it.

Kid says supremacy is real and he doesn't even wish to stop it, he's content with you being a supremacist as long as you do it in your own home in your own world and you put it on the shelf when you leave your house. In other words, have your belief's but don't act on them if it's going to hinder other people.

I mean, the music is trash, but there is some intellect there if you squint hard enough.
edit on 13-9-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

" With all the racial tension in the world right now
parents were nervous ".

Without all the racial tension in the world right now?
The piece of sh1t wouldn't have made the video.

And that isn't art at all. It's politics.

edit on Rpm91317v47201700000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Freedom of expression aside, this is disgusting.
Yes, this is America. Yes you have the right to express yourself.
But my god. If the roles were we reversed and it was a white man "hanging" some other ethnic child, we would NEVER hear the end of it.

SMH

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Everyone needs to remember that X is still a teenager. The reaction in this thread is exactly what he was going for.

Is it though?

I'm not reacting thinking, "How dare he?". I'm thinking, "Oh stop moaning about your position in life".

I couldn't give a toss that he's black and has been 'oppressed'. I don't care that he's characterising the lynching of a white person as some significance to the pain and anguish he and his people have faced.

I'm reacting from the point of view that this rapper is an idiot and is only perpetuating racism and racial issues.

Things like #BlackLivesMatter, or the Mobo awards, or any other event/stage that perpetuates a race or creed over another doesn't empower anyone. It doesn't bring down walls or celebrate 'black history'.

It only further drives a wedge by signifying 'us' and 'them' or 'black' and 'white'.

Instead, just let it go. Stop talking about it. Morgan Freeman in an interview with Mike Wallace (I think?) said that was how to beat racism.. Stop talking about it. Stop seeing or referring to him as a black man and instead just 'a man'.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

" With all the racial tension in the world right now
parents were nervous ".

Without all the racial tension in the world right now?
The piece of sh1t wouldn't have made the video.

And that isn't art at all. It's politics.

Apparently there's so much racial tension in the world that ATS moderators made a couple of changes to the title of this thread for me. They changed it to match exactly what the FoxNews title is. That's rarely seen in the Social Issues forum.
edit on 9/14/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is nothing compared to human zoos that existed 60+ years ago?

Maybe it's a turn off the tides.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The visualization was not needed. Weather it was a white kid or some other race. This was distasteful to the extrem. I hate to pull this out but like the op said. Kathy griffin was torn apart for her depiction of trumps decapitated head. This guy needs to as well. These celebrities are doing nothing to unite us. They are there to rip us farther apart. When will this country stop idolizing a group of people that really serve no purpose. This is why i agree with "agent smith" (i know im pulling out an oldey) humans are a virus. This is why i hope that we as a species wipe our selves out.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This is nothing more than liberals pushing their agenda that it's ok to harm or kill white people. I hope this rapper faces dire consequences for this video.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: underwerks
Everyone needs to remember that X is still a teenager. The reaction in this thread is exactly what he was going for.

Is it though?

I'm not reacting thinking, "How dare he?". I'm thinking, "Oh stop moaning about your position in life".

I couldn't give a toss that he's black and has been 'oppressed'. I don't care that he's characterising the lynching of a white person as some significance to the pain and anguish he and his people have faced.

I'm reacting from the point of view that this rapper is an idiot and is only perpetuating racism and racial issues.

Things like #BlackLivesMatter, or the Mobo awards, or any other event/stage that perpetuates a race or creed over another doesn't empower anyone. It doesn't bring down walls or celebrate 'black history'.

It only further drives a wedge by signifying 'us' and 'them' or 'black' and 'white'.

Instead, just let it go. Stop talking about it. Morgan Freeman in an interview with Mike Wallace (I think?) said that was how to beat racism.. Stop talking about it. Stop seeing or referring to him as a black man and instead just 'a man'.

All due respect to Morgan Freeman, but if not talking about it worked, we wouldn't be where we are right now. Keeping it hidden doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just lets it fester and get worse.

And yes, this was designed to cause the outrage we're seeing in this thread. I've been listening to him for over a year, before this he fake killed himself for a similar type of outrage.

The new underground rap scene is a lot like old punk rock, in that outraging people is one of the big things.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The rapper who made this is clearly giving a message of non-violence and railing against black on white AND white on black atrocity. I don't understand why there would be outrage at a mock hanging of a white boy when there was also mock hangings of black people in the video. Why single out, and be outraged, by the imagery of the white kid?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

While I understand Freedom of speech; there is such a thing as responsibility. I can't stand most rap because the messages I hear are all about violence, sex, drugs ..... makes me like country more and more.

The worse are the ones that use the N word 80+ times in one song (if you can call it that).

Kids are listening, I wish artists would reach higher while creating.

edit on 14-9-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

First the girl lied about being pregnant and didn't get punched by xxxtentacion.
Second xxxtentacion isn't a homophobe is you read into it you would know that he told the gay dude multiple time to stop starring at his dick but the gay dude kept looking in a rapey way.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
But what I wonder how many of you watched and listend to what he said
He doesnt want more racism He wants equality He is basically showing how wrong it feels for the other race
edit on 14-9-2017 by KawaiiLean420 because: added some info

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Funny how responsibility doesn't count when it's country music lol...

What's that song where the girl chooses to other guy and he sits in the drive way throwing beer cans at the shadows in the bedroom window?? That's a felony lol..

" dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheeler drive"

Obviously that's a felony..

There are 1000 country songs pushing felonies lol.. top ten stuff that there is absolutely zero people against..

Funny how rap is so attacked when all music is story telling. Usually of the fictional variety.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Why doesn't the NRA mobilize to help fix the countries bridges???

Because that's not what they do... obviously..

That game is just silly...and yet another logical fallacy that would get you laughed out of a high school debate class...

Why isn't MAD organizing to save the whales???

Lol just lol...

Now to your actual fake headline..

Kathy Griffith didn't decapitate trump..

She was acting.. it was a show..

This rapper , assuming it's not a totally fake story as these type usually are.. did not lynch a white kid... he was acting..

Distasteful?? Absolutely..

A bad idea?? No question...

Proof of I don't even know what about all black people, democrats , Blm or "the left?"

Absolutely not....

The propaganda of pretending isolated incidents apply to whole groups of people is disgusting from ANY SIDE..

Just sickening...

Apparently you don't know this kid's history of violence. Look him up, and then tell me if you feel that this is just limited to his body of work.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Poor taste. But who is this well known rapper? LMAO. Exaggeration to say the least. Most hip hop heads have no idea who this clown is.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Poor taste. But who is this well known rapper? LMAO. Exaggeration to say the least. Most hip hop heads have no idea who this clown is.

According to all the views of his video, he is well known now.
I did not watch the video.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkitekt

What does that have anything to do with my post..

I said that it is irrelevant what one idiot does, and absolutely does not apply to all of whatever social group..

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

The MOBOs is worse than a lot of people think. I went out with a production assistant who was working it one year, her team created a package on modern day slavery highlighting sweatshops etc but Kanya King vetoed it because there wasn't enough about contemporary black slavery in there. Apparently the innocent bangladeshi kids just don't count. They also made all white groups of audience members sit at the back and had all the black peeps at the front then used tight shots to make it seem like it was rammed full of black peeps because so many artists boycotted it. Anyway, she's a notorious cokehead and an idiot.

Back to the topic though, this guy isn't well known. He's also not very good at what he does but I can see the point he was trying to make. A lot of people are just gonna read the headline and react emotionally instead of trying to actually understand the meaning behind it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: KTemplar

Funny how responsibility doesn't count when it's country music lol...

What's that song where the girl chooses to other guy and he sits in the drive way throwing beer cans at the shadows in the bedroom window?? That's a felony lol..

" dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheeler drive"

Obviously that's a felony..

There are 1000 country songs pushing felonies lol.. top ten stuff that there is absolutely zero people against..

Funny how rap is so attacked when all music is story telling. Usually of the fictional variety.

I don't know what song you're talking about, I like some Rascal Flats & Miranda Lamberts' Mr Tinman; and normally Im a grunge girl.

Sure there is violence and bad video in all forms of music, but Rap is sh#t imo.

I also said I wish all Artists would reach higher

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join