It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage as well-known rapper 'lynches' small white child in music video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
To call it distasteful would be to underscore it by several orders of magnitude.

This is, however, free expression. Not one whit different than a scene from a movie.

I don't like it, and I'll say so to the day I die, but I'll also defend his right, no matter how disgusting, to say/perform it. I'm not required to attend his concert, obviously I'm not his target demographic.

Point taken. We'll see how the liberal groups react when a opposing, racially insensitive "free speech" video is made. I'm surprised (but thankful) that the Nazis, Skinheads, KKK, haven't made one before now.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

Free expression.

I know it's distasteful.

But we should support the right of free speech and free expression and free ideas, because others won't.

If Free Expression/Speech is a right that should not be squashed, why does TV, ATS, Church, etc., not allow, or punish, those who use profanity?

Good question. But that speaks to the larger issue of private venues permitting speech.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The video is called "Look At Me"...

And what is everyone doing?

Good marketing actually.
No press is bad press...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Because #BlackLivesMatter, he's just checking the white boy's white privilege, First Amendment, he's empowered by God, the stars are in alignment, numerology, astrology, possessed by demons, etc..

Hmm, what other bullsh* politically correct precious snowflake nonsense can be applied to justify one human's beings puerile disgust for another human being of a different skin colour?

It's all nonsense. He thinks he can act that way because of historical events which justify his actions. He isn't alone - many people do it. It's utter crap that we behave that way. The full extent of whatever Hate Crime laws exist should apply to him.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

at least the state is stepping in with their own investigation. it really didn't sound like the local police were planning on doing much at all but writing it up as an "accident".

In recent months, there have been sporadic reports of racially tinged incidents throughout northern New England. New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine are among states with the highest percentages of white residents — about 95 percent — in the country.

On Monday, Jasper Hill Farm in rural northern Vermont posted a photo on social media showing a swastika that had been spray-painted on its barn. Earlier this year, police in at least four cities in Maine received reports of fliers promoting the Ku Klux Klan.

www.nytimes.com...

one stupid rapper does this stupid stunt, and there's all this outrage, but the white separatists and klan can spread their hate far and wide, with the same people defending their right to do so and of course, the incident of an young child actually getting lynched by teenagers, well, that just isn't relevant to this discussion!!

I've never heard of this rapper really, but I sure heard of the kkk and white separatists when they went marching through the streets of charlottesville with their torches!! they are still busy trying to defend the fruitcake that ran through the group of protestors also!

link   

It is horrifying to see any child "lynched." Let's just say that outright.

I DON'T think this is about "hating white people."

Do you all remember the movie with the young black girl that was raped and permanently injured, and her father kills the two white yahoos that did it in broad daylight. He is then on trial for murder, and it is to decide death penalty or not.

The defense lawyer finally gets leniency from the all white southern jury (this is a while back in time too) by having them see the victimized little girl as a white girl, not a black girl.

At that point, they realized the pain of the father, the horror of the crime, and how they would treat those two young men who were going to get away with it because of racism.

I think that is the intended message.

But that's me.

Again, let me say it is horrific and no one needs to see a child as "strange fruit" = white or black or whatever.

edit on 13-9-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

A time to Kill. Sam Jackson and McConehy(sp).

My bad. I was thinking about John Q

edit on 13-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Never mind

edit on 13-9-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

A time to Kill. Sam Jackson and McConehy(sp).

My bad. I was thinking about John Q

Yep. That movie wrecked me. And that speech (Posted now above) is still relevant today. Sad.

edit on 13-9-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I was also the victim of a near lynching, by hanging, when I was kidnapped and raped at age 15. I was gagged with my own bra, blindfolded, and hung with an extension cord from a tree. Fortunately, the man who attempted to murder me stopped it before I died.

That vision, according to Stanley, is that the “little white boy and black boy show innocence,” and that society has become desensitized seeing black men hung and shot, but the imagery of a white child being hung is shocking.

I don't know why this rapper believes people are desensitized to seeing black men hung. Does he believe black men have the market cornered on lynchings and the public is used to seeing black men hung, all the time?

I find that suggestion incredibly stupid and short-sighted. And I find the imagery personally traumatizing.

But, am I surprised? No. He's an awful person:

There’s a song near the end of rising South Florida rapper XXXTentacion’s just-released 17 called “Carry On,” where the 11-track mini-album — a ramshackle mix of half-conceived folk musings and confessional depression raps — drops both its amateurish singer-songwriter contrivances and conventional hip-hop rhyme patterns in favor of raw emotion:

“Trapped in a concept, falsely accused, was used and misled / B*tch, I’m hoping you f*cking rest in peace.” It’s more than just your average jilted breakup rap.

The person XXXTentacion is talking about is an ex-girlfriend who accused the rapper, born Jahseh Onfroy, of punching, kicking, strangling, and imprisoning her while she was pregnant, charges he will stand trial for this fall. In spite of those allegations, and an interview on BMX star Adam22’s “No Jumper” show in which he detailed beating a gay juvenile detention center cellmate half to death and smearing the blood on his face because he caught the kid glaring
, the rapper was recently selected for XXL’s 2017 Freshman List, which celebrates young hip-hop talent poised for superstardom. (Past honorees include J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and Chance the Rapper.) 17 is presently on pace to bow out shockingly close to the top of this week’s Billboard 200 chart.

While he sat in prison for the domestic-battery charge last year, XXXTentacion — that’s “ex, ex, ex, tentación” — gained a following as his breakneck trap brawler “Look at Me!” took clubs and concerts by siege.

So he really has no room 'educating' anyone on sensitivity with his *art*. He's just another misogynistic rapper. He also sounds like a violent homophobe, too.

Like many others have said, I do support his right to freedom of expression.

I scoff at him, but, yes, I defend his First Amendment rights.

ETA: FTR, I am a white female.

edit on 9/13/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That happened to you?

I am so sorry. There are no words.

Sorry to bring up a reminder.

= AB

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Don't apologize! I entered this discussion already knowing the subject matter. I read an article earlier today about it. No one needs to tip toe around the subject because of me.

ETA: Oh, and, yes, it did happen to me. It was 32 years ago though.
edit on 9/13/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much about what others think. You've no control over that.

What's that old saying? Actions speak louder than words. As long as no one is actually doing these horrid things for realsies, than they can jabber all they want.

By not responding you take away what they want--regardless of who "they" is--which is our shock and dismay.

Whether it's this rapper, or anti-FA, or Black Lives Matter (or the other BLM, for that matter...), or which ever group out to get our dander up.

This is small #, we don't need to sweat it.

MHO, of course, your mileage may differ.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Both sides should keep this distasteful stuff up so that we ca get to shooting at each other sooner. That's what many out there want. They are not going to let it go.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Ok. Thank you.

I agree that this guy doesn't seem to be the best one to be "educating" others, as you said. Sort of needs to do the Biblical "remove the giant log from your own eye before you point out the speck in your brother's eye" thing.

I also defend his right to say it, as a 1st Amendment issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Are you counting on people just reading the title and the OP and not the source? From that source:

Stanley said the mother who finally agreed “was serious about acting and the message. The mother of the son is very serious about acting. She’s a stage mom. She has three sons and takes them to LA to audition. She understood the vision.”

That vision, according to Stanley, is that the “little white boy and black boy show innocence,” and that society has become desensitized seeing black men hung and shot, but the imagery of a white child being hung is shocking.

She explained that the rapper made sure to make both children feel comfortable on set.

Do you believe that today's society is desensitized to seeing black men hanged?
Really?
Anyone see that happen a lot in their neighborhood today? If so, do your neighbors just walk on by as if nothing is out of the ordinary?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Both sides should keep this distasteful stuff up so that we ca get to shooting at each other sooner. That's what many out there want. They are not going to let it go.

Democrats are against guns. The shootout would be too one-sided, wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

mmm, not so much. Most Democrats I know, including myself, are gun owners. Probably a lot more than some would have us believe.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: roadgravel

Democrats are against guns. The shootout would be too one-sided, wouldn't it?

You don't think Dem's have guns? Ever heard of Custer?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I imagine most of the young black men in the hood are packing, politics are not necessarily a part of it.
edit on 9/13/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join