It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinda bummed out by ATS nowadays

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: notsure1
ATS got real quick to use the ban hammer for a while. Alot of good members just left as well.

Like wrabbit and wtf happened to beezer?

Uh oh... talking about banned members and revenue.. is asking for trouble.
I feel this thread is in the same path as our planet... Doomed!

I dont think either of them got banned did they? If they did I will edit my post.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Selling it cheap today huh? I had to pay $75.
not cool.

Funny part was you already knew and sent me the money anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
LOL. I dont have that kind of money.

Then no hasenpfeffer for you.

edit on 13-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

I made quite a few myself that reached over 100 flags.. i wouldn't waste my time nowadays..

Imo ats had become tabloid bottom of the barrel rubbish for some time.

I feel this is the reason why we don't see any good writing today.

No one wants to research and construct a intricate thread because they all know it would be a waste of time because it would drown in the tabloid esque posting that now dominates this site.

Many good writers have stopped posting because they saw where ATS was going.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Threads mimic MSM because the MSM is now pedaling conspiracies, and this is the best place to dissect a conspiracy. Beyond that there's only so many times you can beat the same dead horse. If you find something intriguing then there are probably already several lengthy and content rich threads discussing it.
edit on 13-9-2017 by Templeton because: grammar

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I for the most part, try and at least provide a couple of sources now. There were a couple of times I was called out, (rightly so too I found out) because I only used one source, well they did not say that, but what did happen was they provided proof, my information was wrong. Had I looked deeper into it before posting, I would have known that.

There is an awful lot of copy paste that goes on, in news stories too. I have found out. Anyway, if there is a story, and the story is from a source that is reliable, what more can we do other than make sure other news outlets are reporting the same thing, and not just copy pasting original article, without verifying the information?

We just live in a time, where information is instant. Its just important we look at where we are getting it. Also, I agree, with what you said in the OP though. Its a daily news feed at times. I prefer UFOs and such. Stuff like The Black Knight Satellite!

edit on 13-9-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

All very good points.

In truth, my interest waxes and wanes when posting threads. Some months or years, I just have more on my plate.

Still love this site and the people on it.

ATS is still a cut above the alternatives out there.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'll tel you guys what..... I usually post replies as opposed to create (threads). I too have noticed the quality go.... let's just say... less than par beginning a couple years ago.

I am done complaining! (not really, but for the moment) I am going to start leading by example (soon, because i'm at work now) and start posting up some non political, non current event threads. The more i'm on here, the more i realize something: this is turning into the same thing as the comments section on a news outlet webpage.

There's a lot of subjects I've been wanting to touch on, a lot of things I want to bring back up from years ago that were posted here (and oddly enough, given the subject matter, got little to no acknowledgement).

Anyway, I'll be posting some fun conspiracies and such within the next few days (it just takes a while to produce something of quality..... a little hard to do with a 3, 5, and 7 year old at home)

Also, how do y'all post pictures up here? that is something i've never known how to do
edit on 13-9-2017 by dothedew because: question

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You forgot the UK daily mail.

I can read over there (stop judging me!!!) and see 5-6 threads posted here within a hour or two about the same articles. Like the speed of light it is!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I can log in to ATS, and go to the new tab, and guess what...from reading the titles, I can tell you what the headlines are on Drudge, Info Wars, Huff Post, etc.!

Next time you see that be the one to expose it on that thread. Link to the MSM version of events so we can compare with that in mind.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Actually there are a lot of interesting conspiracies that haven't been covered yet. It's just people are too lazy to find them.

In fact I myself posted a thread about a KGB assassin and how he operates a few months ago and there's not that many threads discussing KGB assassination operations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My advice, if you want to find new conspiracy related topics, look at history, there are a ton of real life conspiracies and many of the ones in ATS are just the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 9/13/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah, 2010-2011 is when I noticed a huge change... Not much can be done about it. Too much water under the bridge.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You have not only the power, but the ability to assist in making ATS the best place to be.
Help by introducing us to something you enjoy.
Teach us a skill that could assist if things get out of control.
Its endless the possibilities.

Sometimes you just cant rely on others to keep the entertainment and learning experience alive.

Take it upon yourself to bring forth what you look for, so other members can be inspired by your thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

You have not only the power, but the ability to assist in making ATS the best place to be.
Help by introducing us to something you enjoy.
Teach us a skill that could assist if things get out of control.
Its endless the possibilities.

Sometimes you just cant rely on others to keep the entertainment and learning experience alive.

Take it upon yourself to bring forth what you look for, so other members can be inspired by your thread.

Exactly!!!!

Be the Change You Wish To See

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
Same here it's sad. I wanted to send my gf here because she's into conspiracies and I thought about it and decided, nope not sending her to ATS it's just a political website now. Lame

Find old threads and link her those specifically.
There are some really good old works floating around in the database.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's not only ATS, it's all conspiracy forums. I'm sick of the politics, stories about Trump, Obama, Bush, elections, political issues, etc and it's been like this for a few years now. I really only scan the first page for items of interest, mine happens to be UFO and strange phenomenon but rarely see anything make it there. I have to go straight to the forum section to find anything of interest.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Ok, so I very rarely reply on posts, I just like to read and learn both sides of an issue, and make my own opinions.

However, I am noticing a disturbing trend......

I can log in to ATS, and go to the new tab, and guess what...from reading the titles, I can tell you what the headlines are on Drudge, Info Wars, Huff Post, etc.!

I guess I don't get it, nobody is doing research or digging, just parroting what their favorite ideological soapbox site says.

Really, I miss the deep, well researched, news and posts that you can't find anywhere else.
Dont worry, ats is almost 100% right wing because that's what matters.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

None of it matters in the end.
How could it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join