It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aiming to cut food stamps and starve poor, mostly African Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group.

Isn't that the real racism? That progressives and big government have left the African American community in ruins. They will be far better off without welfare and with jobs.

Get jobs?? Are you crazy!

Thats disgusting and racist of you!

Forceing white values on them like that!

Dont you know they are entitled to free stuff for ever more because of slavery!

/sarc

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: allsee4eye

This will hit the rural folks hard, not just the "inner city." That means Trump is going to hurt his own voters...again. (Like with Healthcare)

This is the major difference between the Left and the Right. The Left thinks being on the government dole is a good thing, whereas the Right thinks being self-sufficient is the good thing. Personally, I don't think getting people off government handouts hurts them, but I guess we will just have to disagree on this one.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

9. African Americans were more likely to receive public assistance than other groups In 2012, an average of 41.6% of African Americans received means-tested benefits each month. About 18% of Asians or Pacific Islanders and 13% of whites received benefits each month. Thirty-six percent of Hispanics of any race received government assistance.

www.cheatsheet.com...

But that dignity is in danger. President Donald Trump has proposed to cut nearly $200 billion out of SNAP. His budget would shift a large percentage of the program’s cost to states, allowing individual governors and state legislatures to shrink benefits and exclude beneficiaries. The impact of these cuts would be devastating. Forty-three million Americans rely on SNAP. More than half of SNAP recipients are children or the elderly. Many are low-wage workers, trying to make ends meet in jobs that don’t pay enough to keep food on the table. Many more are families in extreme poverty — the 45% of the poor whose incomes are below half of the poverty line or below $850 in income a month for a family of three — for whom SNAP is a literal lifeline.

time.com...

They need to get jobs! Stop living off the tax payer, food stamps was meant to be temporary not permanent. Idc if it were white people, Asians, or blacks. Im glad he is and im tired of this said "race card" get over it and move on.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Time to start working for a change...

Yeah but slavery, reparations ect ect

/sarc

Seriously I agree.

If they work these black communitys may gain some self respect. And that self respecr will be nothing but postive and hopefully you will see they decrease in crime and decay in these areas.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If they work these black communitys may gain some self respect. And that self respecr will be nothing but postive and hopefully you will see they decrease in crime and decay in these areas.

Which is why Democrats are so against it. It's a lot harder to control people if they have self-respect and don't feel like victims.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

im not in favor of this at least on the face of it, but would it not be wise to consider WHY half of all blacks are on food stamps in the first place and see if we can fix that?

YES!!!! Excellent question. imo this indicates something that is seriously wrong and should be investigated. If so many black people need assistance then something is broken and needs to be fixed so that they are self sufficient. They shouldn't have to rely on gov help.

edit on 2-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

What makes you think these black communities don't work? How do you think people make a living?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

? How do you think people make a living?

Breeding.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I honestly wasn't expecting an answer that ignorant.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Irishhaf
While I do not necessarily agree with this, Snap needs a serious audit.. so many people gaming the system so they can keep their benefits while driving a brand new escalade because their common law husband/wife makes really good money... but since they dont have the court house paper saying they are married they can stay on snap sucking up money that could be used to actually help people.

The federal reserve privatized banking institution and their non-legally bound obligation to fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing has done more damage to this nation - and its populace - than welfare queens, anchor babies, etc etc could ever hope to do themselves.

People on welfare drive brand new Escalades? What world do you live in?

I live in SC and have personally seen it. people on welfare come in the store,and pop out a huge wad of cash from their job. And instead of paying with the cash they get snacks and food on Food stamps. All while driving a exspencive vehicle with their 5 kids running around.
Some do abuse it just as has been said.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Teach a man to fish and he will feed himself forever

Give a man a fish and he will be at your doorstep waiting everyday for his meal

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Who cares if people abuse the system. Do ya'll honestly think the government doesn't screw us already by making us pay taxes to subsidize corn for ethanol and other food commodities.

So what if people game the system, let them eat. Subsidized farming is more or less government welfare, so let it trickle down to the people.

link   

Its true though. your amount of welfare goes up when you have a child. to a point. too many kids and you get penalized.

link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I used to use SNAP. Admittedly I abused the system because I was irresponsible and lazy back then. Every so often you have to report to the DHS, and if you are unemployed, must attend a session where they help you set up applications, find employment resources, etc. You're required to then spend the next two weeks (or whatever it was) documenting your search for employment. They'll even give you $80 is gas vouchers or bus passes. Once you turn in the paperwork with your job leads, your stamps are renewed for another six months. They never check up to see if you actually did any of the work. I know, because I never did.

I stopped using SNAP and never intend to use SNAP again.

I don't think food stamps should be nixed. The system just needs to be more disciplined about making sure those benefits go to people who really need the help. Not people like me who were too lazy to get off their ass to find a job.

Also, from the OP:

Trump doing this is racist.

Lol, what?

The system has become a joke.

I needed snap because i'm now disabled but not receiving disability yet. Working on the slow road of bureaucratic red tape to get it.

No job... but married with husband making enough to cover bills but not food.

Their response?

$15/Mo. Excuse me? 2 people on $15/mo. And after bills we had $40/mo on our own.

Other people are getting $100-300 to assist but we get $15?

How is that helpful? Waste of money.

Don't discontinue it but don't offer a paltry sum of $15 either. Offer real assistance or none at all.

I refused the assistance offered because it was just a waste of time and effort. If we didn't qualify for at least $100 then we should have received a denial letter.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Umberto
Who cares if people abuse the system. Do ya'll honestly think the government doesn't screw us already by making us pay taxes to subsidize corn for ethanol and other food commodities.

So what if people game the system, let them eat. Subsidized farming is more or less government welfare, so let it trickle down to the people.

I don't get any government assistance. So now I have to pay for 2 wrongs? How is that right?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Its true though. your amount of welfare goes up when you have a child. to a point. too many kids and you get penalized.

No, it isn't. Black communities don't make a living from breeding. People there work like everyone else. Despite what people on the internet that don't live in those communities will tell you.

Seriously? I mean, is this something that people need to be told?

WTH is wrong with people.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yeah sorry I forgot mugging and drug dealing too

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

No, it isn't. Black communities don't make a living from breeding. People there work like everyone else. Despite what people on the internet that don't live in those communities will tell you.

Seriously? I mean, is this something that people need to be told?

WTH is wrong with people.

Their unemployment rates are more than double Whites and nearly triple Asians. I'm not saying none of them work hard or anything like that, but there are a lot who don't, and getting them jobs would be much better for them then getting them government handouts.
edit on 2-7-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

There isn't so much opportunity for work. Machines are taking over people's jobs left and rights, and its' only getting worse. These self order panels sprung on in McDonald's, taking a lot of jobs. Capitalists invest billions in AI to replace as many people as they can.

Almost everything that's invented and produced for use, needs to be maintained and repaired...by humans. People who are on Food Stamps can learn to directly repair A.I., or work in some supportive role. Particularly in the growing economy we're experiencing.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Snap should be a limited use program for people getting on their feet after a loss of job, or just getting into the real world starting to make a living. It should not be a lifetime program. Anyone, and I do mean anyone can get a job. Working one job leads to experience, which leads to a better job. The problem with lifelong food stamp recipients they don't want a job. They love free handouts, and that isn't a racist thing. I live in a 99% white community and I'd say 30% are on them. Old fiends from high school and such. They're lazy, and just worry about pills or weed. It's like high school never left them. Just my 2 cents.

The only statement i disagree with is your statement that anyone can get a job.

Maybe back in the day but not everyone is cut out for menial labor like fast food.

I know i couldn't do it and i was almost a manager in my youth at a Wendy's but now i couldn't work there for mental reasons. I'm too slow and i can't bounce around from one thing to another like i used to.

Lots of jobs require actual experience or college degrees.. physical labor isn't for everyone. Some industries don't exist in certain areas or there's not enough jobs to go around.

Some menial labor jobs only hire a certain age group or experience level... it all depends on the needs of the business.

Economic downturn has made it difficult for everyone. Not making excuses for those who don't want to find work, only pointing out actual reasons some people CAN'T find work.

My husband had a hard time finding work and we moved from Florida for that reason. His expertise is in call center work and where we live, there's not a lot of options. He's older... almost 50... so that also limits his options.

I knew doctors and lawyers who couldn't work in their fields due to a lack of job opportunities etc. Some found ft work in other sectors while others couldn't.

Point is times are tough and jobs are scarce because there's more people needing work than jobs available. Even if unemployment stats show less people needing jobs - it doesn't change how unemployment plays out in reality in certain areas.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join