It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aiming to cut food stamps and starve poor, mostly African Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: crazyewok

I honestly wasn't expecting an answer that ignorant.

Its true though. your amount of welfare goes up when you have a child. to a point. too many kids and you get penalized.

I don't know if this is true now but i know it used to be true. My baby brother was kept by my birth mom when i was adopted in order to keep receiving welfare checks.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If they live together then both incomes figure into the calculation.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dilly83
We probably throw away so much food that SNAP helps "sell" produce that wasn't going to be sold. Instead we should probably focus on the Govt Act Office GAO reports of trillions in "errors" by the dept of defense, I think it was something like 50k per person straight up missing, the average years wage i believe. SNAP is around 50-70 billion a year. Also I remember reading a while ago that social security has way too many recipients over a certain age to suggest millions of fraud cases, basically burying grandma in the backyard and cashing the checks

Nebraska has something called foodnet. Grocery stores and restaurants donate unsold or near expiring food items and anyone can go and get food regardless of income. Its essentially food waste being given away.

People who show up get enough for up to 3 days and its offered 7 days a week.

This is an easy solution to the waste AND snap program problem.
edit on 2-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I honestly wasn't expecting an answer that ignorant.

Yeah sorry I forgot mugging and drug dealing too

Is this really what passes for an argument on ATS?

Blatant racism?

Serious question, where do you live?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
Maybe sending this back to the States will allow the States to then really audit the folks getting these bennies, just to make sure they qualify, or better said, SHOULD qualify.

Exactly.

This is a perfect example of how the Government takes on more than it can handle. Or should handle for that matter.

This should help a great deal in weeding out the users from the people who really do need SNAP, regardless of race.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

People on welfare drive brand new Escalades? What world do you live in?

So true! My newest vehicle is a 2001.

To the OP: no one is targeting African Americans. The target are those who do nothing to better thhemselves but simply live off those of us who work hard each day, responsible for our own misfortunes.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Nevermind, I see you're from the UK. Your opinion on what happens in my neighborhood holds zero weight.

Enjoy your hate.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I thought it was "More whites are on assistance" ect, During the election. Now suddenly 50% of all African Americans ?? How did that happen in a little over 5 months?

Love how they move the goalposts once they get caught up in their lies and mistruths.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That is the way it is supposed to work... that is not the way it does in the real world..

I have seen it and talked to people that have done it!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yup I worked in a 7-11 in okc... bad part of town for about 18 months...(actually not a bad company to work for, medical, dental, 401k, profit sharing) before I moved on... after a few months and locals got comfortable around me they started filling me in on how to work the system to my benefit, irritated the stuffing out of me.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Maine required anyone on food stamps to do 15 hours of community service in order to keep receiving their benefits.

SOURCE

Republican Governor Paul LePage dared to begin enforcing Maine's volunteer and work requirements for food stamp (SNAP) recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

As CNS News' Eric Schiener reports, a Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) spokesman tells the Associated Press that 12,000 non-disabled adults were in Maine’s SNAP program before Jan. 1 - a number that dropped to 2,680 by the end of March...

So I want to know, how did these people survive before they received their benefits?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The Left thinks being on the government dole is a good thing, whereas the Right thinks being self-sufficient is the good thing

No, the left thinks that government should do things that benefit their people, the right thinks that government exists to make them rich and ignore everyone else.
edit on 2-7-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just figured I should mention that I have no problem with these plans being in place to actually help people in need... personally I think that is part of what the govt should be doing... helping those that have had the bottom fall out from under them.

But we need to fix the problem of popping out babies just cause it increases the benefits... or gaming the system... 3rd and 4th generation welfare families... why are we not looking at why this is happening and adjusting things as needed.

there is nothing wrong with a govt program helping those in need... there is nothing wrong with helping actual war refugees... but we have not even made an attempt to differentiate between those truly in need and those looking for a handout to make their life a little simpler.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The Left thinks being on the government dole is a good thing, whereas the Right thinks being self-sufficient is the good thing

No, the left thinks that government should do things that benefit their people, the right thinks that government exists to make them rich and ignore everyone else.

It's like that in Britain as well, generations of families on the dole.

Are you against 'your people' having jobs and supporting themselves?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Too lazy to do 15 hours of work a week, pathetic.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Then why are most of the Multinational corporations run by Progs?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

But that dignity is in danger. President Donald Trump has proposed to cut nearly $200 billion out of SNAP. His budget would shift a large percentage of the program’s cost to states, allowing individual governors and state legislatures to shrink benefits and exclude beneficiaries. The impact of these cuts would be devastating. Forty-three million Americans rely on SNAP. More than half of SNAP recipients are children or the elderly. Many are low-wage workers, trying to make ends meet in jobs that don’t pay enough to keep food on the table. Many more are families in extreme poverty — the 45% of the poor whose incomes are below half of the poverty line or below $850 in income a month for a family of three — for whom SNAP is a literal lifeline.

That would mean many states would have to foot a percentage of the FS bill if not having to drop people from the benefits. This past Friday meant the mark for some states to resolve their budget crisis or shut down. Three states have partially shutdown their governments, NJ , Maine and Illinois. That's just the tip of the ice burg here, for states having issues. Not to forget food banks are already strapped as it is in many places, as some think that will be a solution for cutting benefits.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

time.com...

If this is TRUE, then it's time for a JOLT...some kind of "work requirement".

Many places have work and or volunteer requirements that have to be met before people can have FS. Also, if you are going to college you have to work PT to qualify for FS.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans. 

Isn't it racist to assume african americans can't survive without handouts?

Really denigrating if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Nevermind, I see you're from the UK. Your opinion on what happens in my neighborhood holds zero weight.

Enjoy your hate.

The demographics of the poorest communitys are same in the Uk too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join