It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aiming to cut food stamps and starve poor, mostly African Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I used to use SNAP. Admittedly I abused the system because I was irresponsible and lazy back then. Every so often you have to report to the DHS, and if you are unemployed, must attend a session where they help you set up applications, find employment resources, etc. You're required to then spend the next two weeks (or whatever it was) documenting your search for employment. They'll even give you $80 is gas vouchers or bus passes. Once you turn in the paperwork with your job leads, your stamps are renewed for another six months. They never check up to see if you actually did any of the work. I know, because I never did.

I stopped using SNAP and never intend to use SNAP again.

I don't think food stamps should be nixed. The system just needs to be more disciplined about making sure those benefits go to people who really need the help. Not people like me who were too lazy to get off their ass to find a job.

Also, from the OP:

Trump doing this is racist.

Lol, what?

edit on 7-2-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You could trade them, you could get real cash for them. about 10 dollars for every 20 dollars worth of them. Then they put them on the debit card. Now you just have to take the person with you to the store and buy there stuff with the card and they give you cash.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I hear California farmers are needing pickers. But OH NO, we shouldn't even expect them to actually look for work there, should we? My grandfather moved from Arkansas to take a job in the California fields during the great depression but we surely shouldn't expect the poor jobless to do it now, should we?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: RomeByFire

They are not married so technically the woman (usually) is on snap... while the boyfriend has a good job... they live together, have kids together by common law they are married but that does not have any effect on their benefits.

That is called gaming the system... if you say it never happens I am going to guess you never actually have worked at a place that takes Snap... it happens, ask a convenience store clerk.. anybody that has worked in someplace like a 7-11 can probably point out the people that do this.

It absolutely happens. My mother knows a couple that won't get married, so that they can reap more benefits. The woman actually works for the IRS, and knowing the ins and outs, allegedly games their system too.

edit on 7-2-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

it happens, ask a convenience store clerk.. anybody that has worked in someplace like a 7-11 can probably point out the people that do this.

It's funny you mention that.

Not long ago, I stopped for gas and there was a woman and her daughter in line ahead of me. When It was my turn to pay, the cashier says to me...

"bish drivin a Mercedes and payin wit foodstamps"

I look, and sure enough... they hopped into one of these...

and drove away.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I fall into that category where I make too much to receive benefits, but barely earn enough to survive. I pay taxes, I abide by the laws but I can't afford health insurance and can barely afford to eat.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Is he going to hide their foodstamps under their workboots?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's better to let the minority of people who abuse the system slide than to make things more difficult for the people who actually need the help.

There will always be people who game the system, in anything.

Let's not forget that Trump supporters praise Trump's ability to game the system... even when their tax dollars are used in the process.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sucks for the blacks sounds like they are going to have to get jobs like the rest of us instead of stealing everything workers have paid into social services via taxes our whole life's... When I was down on my ass and had to apply for food stamps I was denied because I was making too much making minimum wage part time barely able to pay rent and eating whatever I could get at the dollar store... yea I almost kicked the # out of the guy at the disability office when he said others need the service more then me then why the FU*& do I pay into every pay check if I am never going to be able to use any of it when I am in need screw the current welfare service no one should get a Dime unless they have worked and paid that much into the system and don't even get me started on the trash women in the valley with 8 kids at 25 driving a bmw and receiving free housing and more money from the government for the Bastard kids then I get working 45 hours a week... they should just let those of us that choose to opt out of paying into those systems and then we can never get handouts I would take that in a second as I would rather starve to death in a filthy gutter with no assistance from anyone then pay for these worthless peoples welfare any longer

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Snap should be a limited use program for people getting on their feet after a loss of job, or just getting into the real world starting to make a living. It should not be a lifetime program. Anyone, and I do mean anyone can get a job. Working one job leads to experience, which leads to a better job. The problem with lifelong food stamp recipients they don't want a job. They love free handouts, and that isn't a racist thing. I live in a 99% white community and I'd say 30% are on them. Old fiends from high school and such. They're lazy, and just worry about pills or weed. It's like high school never left them. Just my 2 cents.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

*legally

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hm. I think more white people use SNAP than black, just FYI.

This will hit the rural folks hard, not just the "inner city." That means Trump is going to hurt his own voters...again. (Like with Healthcare)

Also, your "50% of African Americans use SNAP) is wrong. 25% or 1 in 4 is what I found on Google...
edit on 2-7-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

*legally

...sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Boo hoo

Maybe they should stop living on hand out get off there lazy arses and work.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Where's proof what's he's done isn't legal? I bet he paid more federal taxes than you last year

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

This is fact.

I have been on food stamps before. I am white. It is a tool you pay into with taxes. Thats cool if you need that SOCIAL NET. Assistance is not a bridge to success.

I think you should pay into the system first to qualify. Work, produce and give your share to the national purse. If you are starting out in life and need it, you should get benefits based on your parents income taxes for the first year or so.

Its not cool when people think about it as a component of prosperity. "Oh I get free money, JOY, I can work less now!"

Its like a morale hazard for insurance. That is when a person increases the risk of an insured loss occurring thanks to indifference to loss by the insured. "I wont fix this, if it breaks the insurance will pay for it."

Like not fixing a lock to prevent theft, yet expecting an insurance payout for a robbery.

Social nets are a lifeline, not life.

IF you need it, which most do, use it and get off of it AS SOON as you can so others can eat too. Abusing the system leads to taxpayers like myself who need it at times, but then can't get much because too many people see that groceries are better when free because weed money is then created or swag is made possible and so on.

edit on 7 2 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Social nets are a lifeline, not life.

Quoted for emphasis!

Unemployment should only be avaliable for 3 months 6 months tops.

Only people that should get it full time are the truely disabled.

Wellfare should not be used to pay for dumb, lazy and usless people who are failures at life.

To sort the baby mama problem out I would only allow welfare if they have a contraceptive implant. Stop the useless breeders.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Is he going to hide their foodstamps under their workboots?

Old joke but good one!

Do that amd watch all of Detriot, oakland and half of chicargo starve

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: underwerks
It's better to let the minority of people who abuse the system slide than to make things more difficult for the people who actually need the help.

There will always be people who game the system, in anything.

Let's not forget that Trump supporters praise Trump's ability to game the system... even when their tax dollars are used in the process.

Didn't think about that.

I guess it's ok to game the system as long as you already have money.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Time to start working for a change...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join