It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aiming to cut food stamps and starve poor, mostly African Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

9. African Americans were more likely to receive public assistance than other groups In 2012, an average of 41.6% of African Americans received means-tested benefits each month. About 18% of Asians or Pacific Islanders and 13% of whites received benefits each month. Thirty-six percent of Hispanics of any race received government assistance.

www.cheatsheet.com...

But that dignity is in danger. President Donald Trump has proposed to cut nearly $200 billion out of SNAP. His budget would shift a large percentage of the program’s cost to states, allowing individual governors and state legislatures to shrink benefits and exclude beneficiaries. The impact of these cuts would be devastating. Forty-three million Americans rely on SNAP. More than half of SNAP recipients are children or the elderly. Many are low-wage workers, trying to make ends meet in jobs that don’t pay enough to keep food on the table. Many more are families in extreme poverty — the 45% of the poor whose incomes are below half of the poverty line or below $850 in income a month for a family of three — for whom SNAP is a literal lifeline.

time.com...

+53 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
While I do not necessarily agree with this, Snap needs a serious audit.. so many people gaming the system so they can keep their benefits while driving a brand new escalade because their common law husband/wife makes really good money... but since they dont have the court house paper saying they are married they can stay on snap sucking up money that could be used to actually help people.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
While I do not necessarily agree with this, Snap needs a serious audit.. so many people gaming the system so they can keep their benefits while driving a brand new escalade because their common law husband/wife makes really good money... but since they dont have the court house paper saying they are married they can stay on snap sucking up money that could be used to actually help people.

I see this on a daily basis. The food stamp system is the most heavily abused social program. Although, I take a liberal approach to food stamps, and feeding people. I personally believe that everybody should pay a small percentage into the system and EVERYBODY gets a food voucher of maybe $200 as a supplement to regular income. Nobody in the world should starve.
edit on 7/2/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The federal reserve privatized banking institution and their non-legally bound obligation to fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing has done more damage to this nation - and its populace - than welfare queens, anchor babies, etc etc could ever hope to do themselves.

People on welfare drive brand new Escalades? What world do you live in?

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

im not in favor of this at least on the face of it, but would it not be wise to consider WHY half of all blacks are on food stamps in the first place and see if we can fix that?

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

The federal reserve privatized banking institution and their non-legally bound obligation to fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing has done more damage to this nation - and its populace - than welfare queens, anchor babies, etc etc could ever hope to do themselves.

Yes, its called collect welfare, and sell drugs on the side. What world do you live in that you can't see that happening? Might be hard to see it from a gated community.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Racist much??? There are plenty of ELDERLY who subsidize their income with food stamps. I know 3 elderly people who depend on their food stamps, for their food. They worked and paid into the system their whole lives, and their monthly income now that they are retired, barely pays the rent.

Oh yeah and two are white.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's better to let the minority of people who abuse the system slide than to make things more difficult for the people who actually need the help.

There will always be people who game the system, in anything.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

They are not married so technically the woman (usually) is on snap... while the boyfriend has a good job... they live together, have kids together by common law they are married but that does not have any effect on their benefits.

That is called gaming the system... if you say it never happens I am going to guess you never actually have worked at a place that takes Snap... it happens, ask a convenience store clerk.. anybody that has worked in someplace like a 7-11 can probably point out the people that do this.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Yes, its called collect welfare, and sell drugs on the side. What world do you live in that you can't see that happening? Might be hard to see it from a gated community.

Gated community?

Hahahahahahah enjoy your fourth, and continue your baseless assertions of things you clearly know nothing about.

So you backpeddle your claim, then? It's not people on welfare driving around in brand new escaldes - it's people on welfare selling drugs riding around in new escalades.

Just another day in the world of #alternativefacts

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe sending this back to the States will allow the States to then really audit the folks getting these bennies, just to make sure they qualify, or better said, SHOULD qualify.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

i actually have no problem with people abusing a system that so obviously and overtly abuses us. Who started it? Hint: it wasnt the people on welfare.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Racist post,if you had bothered to look at real statistics,there are a lot more poor whites then blacks,once again a fool posting lies,if anything he would be against whites,being that they are majority,or is it the new math you learned?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'm more concerned with the privatized entity that has no legal oversight by anyone/any entity that prints off tender that has no backing and "looses," over $9T in the span of eight months than someone "gaming the system," to get some slushies and cigarettes at a local convenience store.

I'm more concerned about federal mandates of hundreds of billions of dollars that arms, funds, and trains known exporters of terrorists (Saudi Arabia) than people on welfare selling drugs to drive around in new escalades (which is ridiculous).

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You are a rare exception. You understand the damage that was done on Jekyll Island in 1910.

Imagine the power and influence that an private banking company has when it can make money out of thin air and then charge interest on the made up $$$$$????

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

The way it was stated in the headline, certainly does seem racist. "going to starve those poor, mostly African Americans."

You don't think there was some sarcasm there???? Wow, Ok......

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Starve the poor ?, just send them to Canada or Cuba.....

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

In Canada we don't take care of the poor. Canada is extremely capitalist. Make money or you are out. In Cuba they take care of the poor. They are Communists.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I understand what is behind the curtain... the topic was on Food stamps...

We have zero chance of getting the puppet master short of all out war... if enough people were awake to that fact, and if we could turn enough of the US military to our cause.

Since that is a lot of ifs... I do not see the point of losing my mind over the puppet master at this time.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

time.com...

If this is TRUE, then it's time for a JOLT...some kind of "work requirement".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join