It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey may be in legal jeopardy according to FBI employment agreement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

“I was fired in some way to change — or the endeavor was to change — the way the Russia investigation was being conducted,” Comey said.

“That’s a conclusion I’m sure the special counsel will work toward, to try and understand what the intention was there and whether that’s an offense,” Comey said.

I know reading comp is lost on some but that string of words also known as a sentence above this sentence confirms Trump is now under investigation by the special counsel. Also Trump has to turn over any tapes regarding comey to the Senate and house intelligence committees by the 23rd. Which means he is more the focus of their investigations as well. Next will be the subpoenas to testify.

Sorry I'm not the one being obtuse here. about 30% of the country is whether it be because sheer pride or stupidity and it's a damn shame that people will continue to insist that it's a Democratic deep state conspiracy against Trump. Even though the special counsel is non partisan and b the house and Senate committees are bi partisan

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

“I was fired in some way to change — or the endeavor was to change — the way the Russia investigation was being conducted,” Comey said.

“That’s a conclusion I’m sure the special counsel will work toward, to try and understand what the intention was there and whether that’s an offense,” Comey said.

I know reading comp is lost on some but that string of words also known as a sentence above this sentence confirms Trump is now under investigation by the special counsel. Also Trump has to turn over any tapes regarding comey to the Senate and house intelligence committees by the 23rd. Which means he is more the focus of their investigations as well. Next will be the subpoenas to testify.

Sorry I'm not the one being obtuse here. about 30% of the country is whether it be because sheer pride or stupidity and it's a damn shame that people will continue to insist that it's a Democratic deep state conspiracy against Trump. Even though the special counsel is non partisan and b the house and Senate committees are bi partisan

COmeys contradicted himself then because earlier he stated that he didnt feel trump obstructed anything. Mueller even went over the things he said earlier before th ehearing.
Trump said I hope. he didnt say stop the investigation.
You want trump to be guilty so bad you are ignoring what was said earlier in the hearing.
And I didnt have to resort to childish insults to reply to you.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

No more like a former federal prosecutor turned law professor. I would say he is more qualified than trumps corporate lawyer to determine the legality of what he and comey did and would not have done it if he thought they would get in legal trouble . Especially since they did it in order to get a special prosecutor on the case

The columbian law professor friend who just had no problem leaking something from the head of the FBI to the press?

Does he teach a class on leaking?

Does he realize that he could be charged with conspiracy if it turns out it was illegal by people that count and can bring charges?

Why didn't drama queen comey, just ask for one?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

He meant exactly that.
It is up to Mueller to decide and having spoken to Comey he let him testify publicly.
You do the math.

Jeez. Put your brain in gear and stop with nonsense.
edit on 11/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

At what time in the video did he say that?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Comey had already given copies of the memos to the F.B.I.. since the information is not classified and there are no executive privilege laws stopping comey from sharing his non classified conversations with the president. There is nothing that can be legally to either comey or richman

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Comey had already given copies of the memos to the F.B.I.. since the information is not classified and there are no executive privilege laws stopping comey from sharing his non classified conversations with the president. There is nothing that can be legally to either comey or richman

I don't think that has been determined yet.

Who in the FBI did he give the memo's to? When?

So you think when the potus tells everyone to leave the room except you, that the conversation you 2 have is not classified in some way?

Why did he have to give it to his friend to leak? Isn't it violating the records act?

His NDA? Does that stop when he gets fired?

Comey is so dirty it's amazing.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Mueller couldn't have stopped him from testifying. He could stop him from speaking about current investigations and by comey saying that information about obstruction and collusion was classified or that Mueller had to determine if there was collusion and/or obstruction. he never directly answered questions about any possible investigation. As far as speaking about the meetings that would be the subject of the investigation Mueller may have waited till after the hearing to actually open the investigation.

I assume that is what you are insinuating by telling me to do the math.

Regardless of that the house and Senate intelligence committees have requested the alleged tapes and Comey's memos . Which means Trump is now apart of their investigation. If you can manage to spin that around. I'll be impressed.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Comey and Mueller were discussing the hearing for nearly 2 weeks. If Mueller was going to open an investigation into obstruction of justice, Comey would not have testified. Period. Investigations by the Special Counsel are not discussed in public. Like I said use your brain.

Sure, Congress will 'investigate' because many of them are in the same boat as you - their bias will not let them see they are wasting their time. They don't actually do any criminal investigations. They are determining whether or not there are grounds for impeachment, which has no possible route forward given what we know. That's politics. So, sure, if it makes you FEEL better then you can wrap that comfort blanket around your shoulders and squeeze out a few more weeks of desperate hope you get what you need. The reality is that Trump is free and clear to get on with running the administration and doing what the people elected him to do.

As for Comey - the thread topic - now they will be real investigations to determine whether he lied under oath and whether he leaked any classified documents.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
One of the keys to defamation is that what is said isn't true and that it is said to hurt the reputation (usually earnings potential) of the person.

Did Trump defame Comey? And how so under the above conditions? Wasn't there some chatter that some long time agents were going to quit the FBI if Comey didn't reopen the investigation into Hillary and thus the two weeks before the election jazz? People that believe and perpetuate conspiracy theories are consider nut jobs. Isn't the Russia Collusion story a conspiracy theory?

Publishing memoirs after employment is okay. Having journalists look over memos in preparation for a memoir is also okay. Typing said memos on a secure government laptop and not Turing them in or disclosing them might not be okay unless obviously personal like a grocery list.

Also whistleblower protection has to go through proper channels to receive that protection. Retaliation after termination isn't a very good excuse. I think Comey should have the book thrown at him. Which again doesn't look so hot when scrutinizing a person's character to evaluate their testimony. Add to it his position on Hillary's defense team during the Whitewater mess and he really looks hostile towards Trump.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I just saw on my local news that the FBI has refused the judicial request to turn over the leaked memo and that Comey no longer has copies of it. His friend has also not shown this memo to anyone. The reporter at the NYTimes never actually saw the memo. It was through a phone call from Richland.

LMAO! I highly doubt there was a memo in the first place.

edit on 11-6-2017 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I just saw on my local news that the FBI has refused the judicial request to turn over the leaked memo and that Comey no longer has copies of it. His friend has also not shown this memo to anyone.

Wow - that is big news... what station was it?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I just saw on my local news that the FBI has refused the judicial request to turn over the leaked memo and that Comey no longer has copies of it. His friend has also not shown this memo to anyone.

I know they refused in late May, but refusing now would be incredible.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

My local Fox4 news. But there's an article up now, too. I'll post it when I get home.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Comey doesn't have a copy of his infamous memo:

www.independentsentinel.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Comey doesn't have a copy of his infamous memo:

www.independentsentinel.com...

Something is odd.. why would Comey not just call his friend and ask for them back, or for them to be sent to the committee?
Maybe they fabricated them and are working now to ensure that they are a properly forged - could it be that anything printed at the FBI has codified information in the paper? Could it be that printer records need to be changed???

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Personally, I think it was a lie. There's no memo. Comey never recorded past presidents, either.

Like others, I think he's out to hurt Trump.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Personally, I think it was a lie. There's no memo. Comey never recorded past presidents, either.

Like others, I think he's out to hurt Trump.

The delay makes anything produced now worthless. How can we trust a leaker would not also have written any memo after he was fired? He's proven to be dishonest.

Some of the legal people who have said he is not in any hot water said it with the proviso that the FBI also had a copy:

“So long as he ensured the FBI had its own copy of the memos, and so long as the memos were not classified, Mr. Comey’s actions appear to be entirely lawful,” said Brad Moss, a lawyer who specializes in national security and security clearance law.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

He gave them copies when he was fired he says it in the testimony im just having trouble finding the exact spot. Regardless they have copies and Mueller has copies. There are many articles that support this. The subpoenas will come next.

That does not create a classified setting especially when the conversations had could lead to criminal charges. You can thank Nixon for that

comey released the information legally

His NDA does not cover non classified information and with Trump attacking Comey's credibility. Comey had every legal right to defend himself by releasing non classified information.

Comey is not dirty just because fox and breitbart want you to think that, doesn't make it true.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Where are they then? If he gave them to his friend why can't he get them back?
Why did he not give them to the Committee in the first place?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join