It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey may be in legal jeopardy according to FBI employment agreement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Trump just said directly in his press conference today that Comey lied about the 'loyalty' discussion and he also lied about the 'let Flynn go' comment. He also said he is "100%" willing to say so under oath.

So we have a he said, he said situation - unless Trump has tapes.

edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Will Trump testify under oath in the Senate? That'd be cool.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

but, but..... it's you guys saying that comey's testimony has basically cleared trump of any wrongdoing, isn't it?
and up till trump opened his big mouth about the maybe is, maybe not tapes....
it was just a matter of he said she said, and even if we take comey's words as fact, weather or not it is considered obstruction of justice is questionable at best.

and.. if his testimony was all a bunch of lies made up in comey's head, then he didn't learn them while performing his official job as FBI director did he???

edit on 9-6-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Really, what it comes down to is simple: one of them is lying. Lie detectors all around I say. Or the tapes... but no one really believes there are any tapes. We all know Trump just suggested that to make people THINK Comey was lying.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Really, what it comes down to is simple: one of them is lying. Lie detectors all around I say. Or the tapes... but no one really believes there are any tapes. We all know Trump just suggested that to make people THINK Comey was lying.

Not really, Comey could be telling the truth and it is all still legit. Comey's testimony proved that Trump had no reason to trust Comey. Comey was never there for the benefit of the country, only to take down DT. Trump kept his enemies close, until it started interfering with running the country. This line of thought, that Trump lied is the main takeawy from the hearing, is pure distraction from the revelations of Trump not being under investigation, not asking Comey to change investigative course (by words [lol]), the DNC having their grubby paws all over the government during the election (and presumably still), and Comey admitting to being a leaker, and confirmation of fake news.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Yea right. What ever helps you sleep at night. If that's what you got out of his testimony then there you have it. Everything is peaches and cream here on out. Filet mignon in every pot and a unicorn in every garage...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Templeton

Yea right. What ever helps you sleep at night. If that's what you got out of his testimony then there you have it. Everything is peaches and cream here on out. Filet mignon in every pot and a unicorn in every garage...

Are you saying the thought that Trump lied (again) is more news-worthy than the other stuff? Or are you saying if Comey was telling the truth it would mean Trump obstructed justice?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but, but..... it's you guys saying that comey's testimony has basically cleared trump of any wrongdoing, isn't it?
it was just a matter of he said she said, and even if we take comey's words as fact, weather or not it is considered obstruction of justice is questionable at best.

and.. if his testimony was all a bunch of lies made up in comey's head, then he didn't learn them while performing his official job as FBI director did he???

I am not saying Comey is lying.
The bottom line is, no matter how he worded it, he testified that there was no obstruction of justice and that Trump was not under investigation.
The Leftists are the ones spinning Comey's words into some existential riddle that Trump is really guilty.
Comey is a Obama appointed political hack that turned the supposedly non partisan FBI into a laughing stock with his politically charged investigations.
He is on record saying that there was no obstruction because he is covering his ass because if there was, he would be sitting in jail too.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Gee Trump cultists... do you guys EVER stop and think? Who leaked the memos? No, not Comey, the one who actually leaked them? And he does what for a living?

Professional Leaker.

Must be a real good "friend" to leak info for another guy. Know what I mean?

"hey man, I'm going on vaykay, can you leak this for me after I'm gone?"

"no problemo, who do you want me to leak it to this time?"

"oh lordy, you pick."

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Will Trump testify under oath in the Senate? That'd be cool.

If he did I doubt it would be public - but if it was it would be the most watched TV event of all time.
He's probably already the most famous man in history.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

The obstruction of justice angle is dead - completely.

At the start of Comey's testimony he said under oath that he does not know Trump well enough to judge what he means.

He then told us what he thought Trump's words meant.

Have fun with that angle of attack when going for an obstruction of justice charge.

Give it up - don't be one of the last hangers on to this nonsense.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, Comey doesn't seem to be lying in his interviews under oath. I suppose he would rather get charged with leaking out that little bit than something else he did. I bet this little leak testimony is to steer the committee away from something else. He is making himself look honest. When people pull that, sometimes there is something buried somewhere that needs to be investigated. Just because he mentioned that little leak does not mean he was not into something else. I actually think he supplied information through the agency but did not leak it himself. It may have been legal cause Obama altered the laws.

Well, if the info got outside the agencies cleared to have the info, by comey, he IS the leaker.

Doesn't matter if it was his friend or a news outlet.

And I agree with the buried BS he might be into. Like him being the source for most or all the leaks.

Who would suspect the head of the FBI?

Look at what Rubio said about the only thing not leaked was that Trump WASN'T under investigation or what ever.

Anyway, the right people are looking into the "matter".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Comey kept his mouth shut about
collusion with Loretta Lynch for over 6 months,
it appears he was willing to lie then.

Why not think he would lie again?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I want to know who leaked the transcripts of Trumps calls with foreign leaders.... I think it was Mexico and Australia?
Who would have access to those?
With the intelligence sharing between agencies that Obama wrote the EO for before he left office, it could have been one of many different people, including Comey.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Trump was just trolling with the "tapes" comment.

It's a play off of his "wiretaps" tweets.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Doesn't FBI monitor every call the president makes? If so, I would say Comey was the leaker.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I want to know who leaked the transcripts of Trumps calls with foreign leaders.... I think it was Mexico and Australia?
Who would have access to those?
With the intelligence sharing between agencies that Obama wrote the EO for before he left office, it could have been one of many different people, including Comey.

And Israel.

That has to be from the NSA. They seem to be the ones that can grab the data without someone bugging the White House.

Yes, obama really messed things up with that EO.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That and the fact that he sat on them until after fired rather than blowing the whistle right when after all these conversations happened...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

umm... sorry but he refused to say weather what happened was obstruction or not!! he just told his story, it's not his place to decide weather or not it was obstruction that's what the special council is for.
and, at the time when comey told trump that he wasn't under investigation he wasn't.....
that might have changed after he was fired, who knows.

and it seems that the rest of your post is more politically charged than any investigation comey was into....

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
there is still hope for it, but comey's testimony was far from the final nail in trumps coffin... more like maybe a small splinter. of course, we don't know what he said behind the closed door.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join