It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey may be in legal jeopardy according to FBI employment agreement

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: UKTruth

When did he say that?

You don't have any credibility if you haven't even bothered to listen to Comey's testimony.
I suggest that before you go on and on about obstruction of justice, you watch the hearing in full.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I listened to the entire thing live. Granted I was working so I may have missed a few things, but I do not recall him ever saying that he didn't know him well enough. I could be wrong I just don't recall it.

What I do recall is that it is up to you to provide proof of your claims in an argument. So once again at what point/ minute did comey say that he didn't know Trump well enough to determine whether Trump was directing comey.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Quick question if according to Trump what Comey says is a lie and these conversations never happened. Then how can he be in any trouble for leaking privileged talks that never happened? You can't have both.

Also hypothetically speaking if he leaked this info hoping to take down rump even though he knew it would get him trouble (it won't) then how could that be considered cowardly? Unless blindly following a corrupt businessman is somehow brave now.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: xuenchen
Giant controversies coming out about xFBI Director James Comey's admitted leaking of information.

One possibility is he violated some agreements, standard and otherwise, and maybe even some laws.

Disputes of dates and times have come up too, along with some possible perjury by Comey during Senate hearings yesterday.

Regardless of who did what when, the obvious problem is we now have a former Director of the FBI saying he is a leaker.

That alone suggests Comey may have leaked material in the past !!

Trump's lawyer is possibly going to file some complaints as well.

Sticky-Wicked

Comey may be in legal jeopardy according to FBI employment agreement

Fired FBI Director James Comey may be in civil and criminal jeopardy as his disclosure of the Trump memos appears to violate the FBI employment contract.

2. All information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America. I will surrender upon demand by the FBI, or upon my separation from the FBI, all materials containing FBI information in my possession.
3. I will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI.

If Comey did not receive prior written authorization to leak the memos of his conversations with the President, he could face a civil lawsuit from Trump at a minimum and possibly a criminal indictment. It certainly proves that he needed to be fired.

Uh then why are people like trey Gowdy not saying anything?

Because it's fake news.

Just to get some facts up

Trump is looking to file a complaint with the inspector general, whom comey is not employed by.

Two, no classified info, was not employed by fbi.

Three he laid out a perfect whistleblower argument which everyone including Mueller and people like Graham and Gowdy are aware of knows it.

Fourth defamation/retaliation clauses in whistle-blower laws.

My friend James comey knows exactly what he did and where the lines are, he is a top lawyer in the us regardless of how the news projects him.

If trump had not made officials statements regarding the case there would be a real problem

But then again comey would have known that as well,seeing as he has been a top prosecutor and head of the fbi.

Fake news.

We're talking about Comey's own testimony made under oath. What in the world do you mean it's "fake news" ? Your friend, Jim Comey, has put himself in hot water using his own lying mouth. So, stand by your friend if you want, but it doesn't mean he hasn't made some mistakes that he'll have to answer for.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Quick question if according to Trump what Comey says is a lie and these conversations never happened. Then how can he be in any trouble for leaking privileged talks that never happened? You can't have both.

Also hypothetically speaking if he leaked this info hoping to take down rump even though he knew it would get him trouble (it won't) then how could that be considered cowardly? Unless blindly following a corrupt businessman is somehow brave now.

The conversations did happen - Trump is only refuting the specifics of some words used.
As for cowardly, that is Comey's description of himself.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

What did he lie about?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Trump didn't say the conversations never happened. He said Comey is lying about what was said during those conversations. Big difference. People seem to miss the possibility that Comey is mixing truth with lies. Oh and BTW, this could very well get Comey in trouble. I haven't seen anyone on ATS claim to be a lawyer. So, yesterday at a cookout at my in-laws I asked my sister-in-law, who happens to be a judge, "So has Comey gotten himself in hot water with his testimony?"
She looked me straight in the eye and said "Uh, yeah." in a tone that can only be described as DUH. Many members on ATS are trying to be armchair lawyers. I haven't seen anyone actually claim to be a lawyer though. Ask an actual lawyer or judge. I did.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The conversations did happen - Trump is only refuting the specifics of some words used.

The phrase Comey said that got my attention was when Senator Diane Fienstien asked why he didn't object to (whatever do'jour)... and Comey said "if i wasn't weak....".

Case closed, Comey says he is weak when asked to explain his testimony.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

The phrase Comey said that got my attention was when Senator Diane Fienstien asked why he didn't object to whatever do'jour... and Comey said "if i wasn't weak....".

Case closed, Comey says he is weak in testimony.

Yes, he also reflected later on his cowardice, actually using the word 'cowardly' to describe himself.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I knew people would get caught up on that. Sometimes being courageous is not always the best route and telling rump no would have gotten him fired sooner. Also why would comey warn Trump to quit attempting to obstruct. When the administration was already being investigated and Trump obstructing justice would end it all. Comey wanted rump to keep screwing himself so he stayed neutral with his answers That would be like a prosecutor telling the defense to stop talking when they are about to admit their guilt.

year know what just forget it. You will believe what you want to believe regardless of what I say. Same goes for myself. All I know is that one of us will be able to say I told you so in the coming months maybe years and until then I bid you adou.
edit on 11-6-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

]

Just to save you the time. Comey said they had yet to find proof of collusion before he had been fired. That investigation is still ongoing and that could change. On the matter of obstruction comey said it was up to Mueller to decide. Never once did he say Trump was innocent.

Comey took trumps hopes as a direction and it is being investigated as such.

No one has EVER been found guilty of obstruction saying I HOPE. Comey assummed something that was not said. Thats his fault not Trumps.
Muellers decisions do not apply to comeys personal OP he said about trump and obstruction. He said he coudnt find any in his investigation.
SO IF you do not believe comeys word what can we believe from him at all?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I knew people would get caught up on that. Sometimes being courageous is not always the best route and telling rump no would have gotten him fired sooner. Also why would comey warn Trump to quit attempting to obstruct. When the administration was already being investigated and Trump obstructing justice would end it all. Comey wanted rump to keep screwing himself so he stayed neural with his answers That would be like a prosecutor telling the defense to stop talking when they are about to admit their guilt.

year know what just forget it. You will believe what you want to believe regardless of what I say. Same goes for myself. All I know is that one of us will be able to say I told you so in the coming months maybe years and until then I bid you adou.

Idiotic analysis. A couple of weeks after Trump takes office, Comey should have just told him he is not allowed to ask about stopping an investigation.. Quite a simple "Mr President, I know you said 'I hope', but i am reading it as if you are ordering me and you are not allowed to do that. Can you confirm to me here and now you are not attempting to stop me doing my job". Comey was not there to catch out the President!
By the way, your purposeful misspelling of Trump's name shows you're not credible to have this discussion - along with the fact you had not even watched the testimony.
Away with you.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

First off hindsight is 20/20 and it's obvious that in the moment comey wanted Trump to keep implicating himself.

My phone sometimes autocorrects it to rump. I just don't bother adding the t. So do with that what you will and just to clear your last statement up . I listened to the entire testimony live and have gone through it a half dozen more times to argue with folks like you.
Good day sir.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So what did Trump mean by saying" I hope you can let this go"?

You have your investigations mixed up comey said he had found no evidence of collusion. His memo is possibly evidence of obstruction. Two totally different things.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

When did he say that?

He said it twice.

I — I don’t know for sure, because I don’t know the president well enough to read him well.

But again, I don’t know him well enough to know how he reacted to that, exactly.

Full Transcript and Video: James Comey’s Testimony on Capitol Hill

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank you for clearing that up. Now considering the context of the question asked by feinstein. Comey did not know Trump well enough to be able to read his reaction to Comey not doing what Trump wanted. From what i understand they sat there in awkward silence for a few minutes. Which to be fair it could be used against comey in his judgement of Trump "hoping" that comey would let the Flynn thing go, but since he is no longer in charge of the investigation. His judgement is no longer what matters. Trumps words do though.

Regardless of the legality of the terms used in the conversation. You would have to be completely blinded by pride or a sheep to not see that Trump tried to obstruct the Flynn investigation.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Since you just said COmeys opinion is in question we have to legally go by Trumps words. and I hope we can let this go isnt a order. No obstruction there.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

The phrase Comey said that got my attention was when Senator Diane Fienstien asked why he didn't object to (whatever do'jour)... and Comey said "if i wasn't weak....".

Case closed, Comey says he is weak when asked to explain his testimony.

Yeah, he's no Capt. Courageous either.

Capt. girly-man is more like it.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank you for clearing that up. Now considering the context of the question asked by feinstein. Comey did not know Trump well enough to be able to read his reaction to Comey not doing what Trump wanted. From what i understand they sat there in awkward silence for a few minutes. Which to be fair it could be used against comey in his judgement of Trump "hoping" that comey would let the Flynn thing go, but since he is no longer in charge of the investigation. His judgement is no longer what matters. Trumps words do though.

Regardless of the legality of the terms used in the conversation. You would have to be completely blinded by pride or a sheep to not see that Trump tried to obstruct the Flynn investigation.

Well we haven't heard how it went down from Trump, have we?

Comey said Trump didn't try to obstruct the investigation.

Is comey lying or overly emotional?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join