It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SolAquarius

In a flat earth that's spinning, wouldn't we be forced towards the edge...centrifugal force?

If I'm wrong, be gentle.

en.wikipedia.org...

See, physics did come in handy for me after all!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real
Well, Brian, "it is easier to fool a man than it is to convince him he has been fooled."
The difference for me though when I first heard of a flat earth, so many things I had questioned in the past about our earth made more sense to me. For example, I never could vision the earth moving, or the purpose of it. I will not go into my other reasons because you can go and experiment for yourself to discover that this earth is NOT a spinning ball.
But, as far as why would TPTB lie to us? Well, that's easy and I will answer with a question...When, in all of history, has a government, empire, or kingdom not tried to oppress and lie to the people?

I know, it is hard to grasp, but, in all reality, we are living among some of the most evil and oppressive ruler's to have ever lived. There are no limits to their deceitfulness. Research Allister Crowley and Jack Parson's and their HUGE role in NASA. They were Satanists btw.
Hope this helps and happy hunting.

edit on 21-4-2017 by childoffather because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson
Um, The texts of Torah go back before Christianity and they support a flat earth. Many ancient texts and maps do.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

I'll ask you the same as the other flat earther.

North Star can be seen in the northern hemisphere.
Southern cross can be seen in the Southern Hemisphere.

If the flat earth delusion was real you A, would be able to see them at the same time, all the time and B, they wouldn't go below the horizon.

So, explain that with your flat earth.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Not when they are moving around us, it's all about perception. Don't question me, go find out for yourself, there are a lot of very well done videos out there which can explain your question. I am convinced we are not on a spinning ball. Why can't science prove that? Not one shed of evidence and even Albert Einstein couldn't find ANY movement of the earth. Many, many scientists have tried to prove a spinning earth but no real evidence, just made up math. Nothing solid. If your were to get a telescope with two lenses like binoculars, you would be able to see that those "so called" planets, look nothing more than stars. The truth is coming out more and more. It's okay that you don't believe it. I was deceived too and just took their word for it because they are suppose to be educated scholars...lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

There's only no evidence of a globe (ish) if you ignore all the evidence.

Are you going to explain the North Star and southern cross, or are you going to skirt around it like all flat earth delusionists?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

Would they lose faith in all science, or just the parts of science that don't help them propagate their wacky sci-fi cult?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
They didn't figure it out...they speculated, which is all science is today, speculation, with number's and letter's all jumbled up in lines to make it look more complicated than what it really is, but really there to distract you from the truth and make you believe you can't go and find out for yourself whether the earth is round like a spinning ball.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
"The truth doesn't fear investigation!"

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The North Star, southern cross and geometry proves it's a sphere (ish).

Are you going to answer my question yet?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather

But, as far as why would TPTB lie to us? Well, that's easy and I will answer with a question...When, in all of history, has a government, empire, or kingdom not tried to oppress and lie to the people?

How do you not know that Flat Earth is not disinformation that various intelligence agencies allow to spread on line?
Disinformation is very complex and practically a science. Truth can be wrapped in lies wrapped in truth and people swallow it hook line and sinker.
I see flat earth as a means to discrediting the community of those who question the official narrative.

Mirage Men is a great Documentary About how disinformation effects the ufo community.
Why wouldn't tactics like this be used in flat earth community to disseminate a false narrative such as the earth being flat to further a hidden agenda?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Like your theory.

Now we just need to find out if humans were a natural 1 or natural 20.

Old D&D geeks will get it...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There is much disinformation out there it is hard to discern the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Umm, could you post the text in the Torah that supports a flat earth?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Now that's funny

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Very well said and I agree perfectly.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Are you going to get around to explaining the North Star and southern cross?

It's pretty telling that you, and other flat earthers, keep dodging it.
edit on 2142017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

That only fits if you assume there is a Creator / God.

Why claim the Earth is round at all? If this was done back in the 1700s and before it would not matter at all; Christianity and Religion ruled to the extreme, they could of dismissed all claims and stated the world is flat, but it took until very later on to now to prove otherwise...? Yeah, no.

An actual plausible theory is what I said, I am not talking recent history here.

Before you think I am knocking any religion, keep in mind I do believe in a Higher power,just not what people would think of one; I believe there is something that is very powerful that resides outside of this universe that may of created or initiated this universe's spark, however it is not a God as people believe in, just something that is very powerful and very very beyond what humans are, but I do not pray to it or think I will meet whatever force it is, it is just something in the back of my mind I brush against every now and then.

All I ever wanted from the FE people was a theory of why that sounds a little plausible.

Your god lives outside this planet according to you, but my Father lives within me and guides me to become more like Jesus. So powerful, that I will one day conquer death. Let me know if you want to meet him.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
No, I don't have a copy. There are scriptures in the old testament, starting with Genesis. I won't quote any here, it is more fun if you go and find it for yourself and much more revealing.
KJV is your best version.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather
No, I don't have a copy. There are scriptures in the old testament, starting with Genesis. I won't quote any here, it is more fun if you go and find it for yourself and much more revealing.

Of course you can't do anything. How silly of any of us to think that a flat earther would provide any evidence what so ever.

You lot are so predictable it's just hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join