It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Flat earth discussions have re-surfaced in a big way these past few years. You have some celebrities coming out advocating for it. You have guy like Eric Dubuay post you tube videos in favor of it with some very compelling points.
But for every compelling point for FE, there is one for the round earth theory as well.

I've tried to piece the puzzles of this massive puzzle of our mysterious existence about the nature of our planet for some time now with little to no success for the most part. It feels like however it's all designed for us down here. It's done in a way where there will maybe never be slam dunk evidence for one side of the debate or the other.

Some may say this coincides with parallel dimensions ( and allude to the fact that flat earth debates seem to have corresponded with the mandela effect topic around the same time) Maybe there's a link there, maybe not.

All I know Is I was nearly convinced of flat earth 5 months back or so until I started reading about the inconsistencies with it as well.

If Flat earth is true and Antarctica really is the edge of the earth that means we live in a dome and that proves a Creator or proves we were deliberately sealed off from other worlds or dimensions..

There is definitely maybe something to it when you take into consideration tons of the elites have visited Antarctica recently, and the Nazi's established a strong military presence there as Hitler was fascinated with it for some reasons.

But we all know the elite's trademark is misdirection on a massive scale as well. There could be a whole other angle to it we don't understand.

All I know is we are given just enough info to warrant curiosity , but whatever those in the know have knowledge of, we may never be able to grasp because of all the layers of secrecy to it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Of course it was.

NASA is omniscient. Don't make me tell you, again...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SolAquarius

In a flat earth that's spinning, wouldn't we be forced towards the edge...centrifugal force?

If I'm wrong, be gentle.

Perhaps with a ring world built around a star that rotates you could use centrifugal force to simulate gravity.

Another issue I have with FET is what model of flat earth are we talking about there seems to be several models and much infighting in the community over which version is correct.
Seems more logical to just stick with what we know works with a spherical earth instead of making up numerous rules to support whatever flavor of flat earth a person subscribes to.

V sauce in a video brought up the fact that on a hypothetical flat earth if one was to approach the edge it one seem as if you would be acceding and could fall back to the center even though you are dealing with a flat plane.

This video By Issac Arthur gets into the idea of constructing flat worlds and disk worlds around stars and gets into what the physics of such structures would actually be like.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Fantastic Thread !
The Earth is planet shaped
like every other bubble shaped planet
moon or sun in the universe.

I think it's a disinformation campaign to lump
all conspiracies in with flat earther's .
The TPTB fingerprint adding 'er to whatever
is necessary apparently ?

And finally, you summed up very well
exactly how I have felt about 9/11
after many years of study.
I find that rarely happens

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Some movies should be banned. Now I have proof.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
a reply to: dfnj2015

the earth is a sphere cause nasa says so. if you disagree your a crazy person.

"it is photo shopped...but it has to be." -nasa

Dumb dumb dumb. Open a history book (not written by the Catholic church) and lo and behold the Earth is a sphere orbiting the sun was long established BEFORE NASA. DUH!!!!!

Denying centuries of scientific (non NASA) progress is exceptionally dumb......such as expressed by flat earthers, climate change deniers , anti-vaccers etc etc etc.

Honestly, look in a mirror then think of Galileo, Copernicus, Archimedes etc (none members of NASA!!!). Who is staring back ? A thinker or a conspiracy site led sheep.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm going to start promoting icosahedron earth theory!

the reason the earth seems flat is people are just living on one of the 20 flat triangle facets.

The worlds experts and governments are keeping from us the fact that earth is a icosahedron because they do not want us to know the horrific truth.........that planet earth is nothing more then a game piece

Who incomprehensible cosmic beings use to play a the galactic equivalent of dungons and dragons.

Fortunately we are a lost game piece tossed to this part of the galaxy much like a dice lost under a couch but if these beings should rediscover earth we are in serious trouble.

....................if I started promoting this I wonder if it would get a following maybe I could start a cult out of it

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

where did you get that pic ?
looks like my brother

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

If Flat earth is true and Antarctica really is the edge of the earth that means we live in a dome and that proves a Creator or proves we were deliberately sealed off from other worlds or dimensions..

Nothing wrong with being sealed off or barriers. Is not each cell seperated from each other? Is not each organ seperated from each other?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

where did you get that pic ?
looks like my brother

Do you mean the dice or glass face?

I hope you say the dice.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Take another look, what society do they all belong to?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There are a lot of misconceptions about flat earth

We know earth is flat because of observable evidence. For example we see landmarks and skylines from distances where they should not be seen. If earth were a ball, they should be behind the curve. In reality, they are seen standing straight up

Nobody proved the earth was a sphere. Eratosthenes experiment can be perfectly explained by the flat model

NASA have been caught lying abd cheating multiple times. They've lost all credibility so you will understand why we don't trust them

Peoplr say they are not convinced in flat earth. Fine. I'm not convinced by "proofs" of a ball earth.....that is, images that anybody with skill can fake, or by equations that only highly trained people can work out. To each his own.

Saying "you must believe in ball earth because scientists say so" is exactly the same as saying you must believe in this religion because the priest/rabbi/imam said so.

Anyway, I am not interested in debate and I don't want to push flat earth on anybody. I've found the truth and that's all that matters to me. I don't care about people who believe earth is a ball and that NASA never lies. They will learn the truth eventually

edit on 20-4-2017 by firefromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Another issue I have with FET is what model of flat earth are we talking about there seems to be several models

That's the best part.

Flat earthers are not monolithic. There are variations if the model, unlike the ball model where everyone has to believe in the standard explanation.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
No one has ever given me a plausible or reasonable reason for the Conspiracy or he reason they are covering up a flat earth.

What would be the reasons for it? The people on this planet would not care either way if the Earth was Flat or round, there was no reason to create a lie to cover it up in the first place.

Exception of some very old novels and some very very devout religious people, this subject has only come up since the mid 1990s - How odd.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

There are variations if the model

can you point to any websites about the different models - I have some spare time to look into them...thanks

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Hollow earth is still a spherical earth yet it deviates from the standard model.

I'm not saying I believe the earth is hollow but I would be much more open to entertaining that possibility over the earth being flat.

Viva La Hollow Earth!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Why the cover up?

Well imagine if flat earth went mainstream

People would start questioning the scientific community

They'd ask what else were they lied to about

NASA and all astronomers would lose all credibility

it would become 100% clear without a doubt that the government lies

People would lose faith in authority

The whole world would be reset

Flat earth would be final proof of a Creator

Religious leaders will say their scriptures were right after all. They will demand complete control over government and establish theocracies. This time they wont back down. Having been proven wrong, the clever scientists would look like fools and would not dare get into a debate.

In a nutshell, flat earth will restore faith in God, order on earth and harmony among all nations.

The NWO / illuminati won't like that. They are scared of the truth coming to light

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

That only fits if you assume there is a Creator / God.

Why claim the Earth is round at all? If this was done back in the 1700s and before it would not matter at all; Christianity and Religion ruled to the extreme, they could of dismissed all claims and stated the world is flat, but it took until very later on to now to prove otherwise...? Yeah, no.

An actual plausible theory is what I said, I am not talking recent history here.

Before you think I am knocking any religion, keep in mind I do believe in a Higher power,just not what people would think of one; I believe there is something that is very powerful that resides outside of this universe that may of created or initiated this universe's spark, however it is not a God as people believe in, just something that is very powerful and very very beyond what humans are, but I do not pray to it or think I will meet whatever force it is, it is just something in the back of my mind I brush against every now and then.

All I ever wanted from the FE people was a theory of why that sounds a little plausible.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

the problem with your " argument " is that ferdinand the second of aragon [ king of spain 1476 to 1516 ] believe in the spheroid model of earth - he also believe that the pope had divine authority over him [ as did other european kings ]

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: network dude

Is it NASA that made Polaris get higher in the sky that time I drove from Santa Cruz to Eugene?

it was photoshopped. duh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join