It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Take another look, what society do they all belong to?

ummmmm,

the human society?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

the illumi-nicey ???

they are the little known and benevolent counterpart to the :

illumi-naughty

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If anyone thinks that Eric Dubay has any compelling points about FE then they are as nuts as he is.

This is all up there with all those YouTube sites that claim the ISS, satellites etc are all fake. Some of the comments under these videos are just unbelievably stupid.

One theory I came across explaining gravity on a FE was "intelligent pulling" by God. It was on the Landover Baptist Church website (please Google, I am not up to doing links). They are all for FE. I thought these people were religious nutcases and, call me gullible, I thought they were for real but apparently it is a parody. Very funny though. You can see people trying to argue with them not realising it is a satirical site and some of their exchanges are priceless.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

After having a modest and careful look into the flatearth arguments I must say they have some points on which they can built a strong case. The way NASA is faking and lying about all kinds of stuff is not helping to debunk the FE theory. In fact, it is harder to proof the Earth being a sphere than it is flat.

What I hate most about this discussion is people suffering from a violent case of cognitive dissonance. People who are narrow minded and unable to look beyond their own nose and think they are right without listening to what the other side has to say on the subject. Whenever their believe system is threatened by something other they are used to they will become unreasonable, inpolite and in some cases verbal or even fysical argressive.

Then there are of course the national science spokes men...men like Bill Nye and Neils Degrasse Tyson who represent the mainstream way of thinking when it comes to science. In this day and age of corruption and power being held by secret societies it will not surprise me if these men...with, or without their knowledge are used to steer public opinion. How better than to make fun or mock people who expose the liers and inform the people with the truth.

Sometimes your own judgement and simple way of thinking can be spot on. I am not saying the Earth is flat but I am convinced that something is going on. For example... how can the sun be of responsible for a few degrees difference to a tilted earth while being 93 million miles away. Why is there no difference for a plane flying against the rotation of the planet or with the rotation. These are simple questions which demand a truthful answer.

The thing is that the equation is being "fixed" by scientist because they take the planet rotating as a fact. The way they will explain how it works will fit in their train of thought. You understand what I mean with that?

The fact there is no real picture of earth "floating" in space is also really weird...and isn't helping in the search for answers....or is it?

Most f you have seen this probably but I will give it to you anyway.. Did you ever see oblate or other shaped then round planets in our solar system? Every planet ever shown by nasa are perfectly round.

Anyways...my gut feeling says something is going on. What ever it is...those in control over the citizens on this planet of ours think we can not handle the truth. They prefer us to live with a lie...and then to die.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
These simple questions can be answered by your doing a bit of research which I am not going to waste my time doing for you. You seem to take for granted that NASA fakes and lies about everything. You also seem to take it on faith that there are no photos of Earth floating in space.

Planes flying with or against the Earth's rotation? Well, go in a car get it to drive at motorway speeds or whatever and toss a tennis ball in the air. Does it fly to the back of the car? Well, I will tell you it will not, it will go straight up and then down. You can do this yourself. That should answer your question about planes if you think it through.

I take it that you have got all this from your modest and careful look at FE arguments, perhaps by looking at some "PROOF" of FE videos on YouTube?

There are in fact plenty of photos of Earth floating in space but I suspect you will shout "CGI" and "NASA fakery".

The Earth is not a perfect sphere but the difference when you factor in the sheer size of the Earth cannot be detected by the human eye.

If you are a FE then presumably you must suspect that the ISS is fake and so are satellites etc. Do you doubt that these are real too?

As for "cognitive dissonance" - I think you might have some of that yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Perhaps NASA is faking photos not to hide a flat earth but to hide evidence of extraterrestrial activity.
This whole flat earth thing is probably a psychological operation carried out by some intelligence agency to muddie the waters and gauge how successfuly they can be in getting people to except false worldviews.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

never said the earth was flat. Just quoted nasa , and made an observation. Sounds like your a little defensive. are you ok or have been triggerd?
edit on 20-4-2017 by DocScurlock1774 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Every planet ever shown by nasa are perfectly round.

Earth is oblate by 0.3%. You're going to have a hard time seeing that much of a difference in any image.

Draw a circle a meter in diameter. To match the oblateness of the Earth, the bulge would be 3 mm. And, mind you, it is not a 3mm bump, it is the difference between the N-S diameter and the E-W diameter. A gradual curve. Your eye will not detect it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I buy into many conspiracies, such as 9/11, JFK, even aliens, but I can't, for the life of me, understand the FET.

We see from our own experiences, I had a telescope, that all planets are elliptical shaped. I have flown long international flights where you chase the sun.

This is, to me, the strangest and most unlikely of all conspiracy theories.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: ancientthunder

the illumi-nicey ???

they are the little known and benevolent counterpart to the :

illumi-naughty

Wow, I bet you thought you'd get a lot more stars for that one. Here's one from me.
I feel a knock knock joke coming on.

Anyway, I would think it would be more imortant for a secret group to hide any info that points to a geocentric earth.
Flat earth theory would make for a nice distraction.
edit on 20-4-2017 by Observationalist because: Points instead of makes

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks Phage...thats one solved.

Do you also happen to know why the spinning earth has no effect on the distance travelled by a plane when going with and against the spinning direction? That one really bothers me..

Thx..

edit on 21/4/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: network dude

Is it NASA that made Polaris get higher in the sky that time I drove from Santa Cruz to Eugene?

Yep. They also create sunsets, something impossible on a flat earth.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'd love for the Earth to be flat, seriously... finding that ICE Wall would be a hell of a lot easier, our perception of reality would change, and who know's what else. I just don't get why people get tied in a knot over whether it is or not, it's entertaining to watch though.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Earth is oblate by 0.3%. You're going to have a hard time seeing that much of a difference in any image.

I know right, the oblateness of it is hardly even worth mentioning.......

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: network dude

Is it NASA that made Polaris get higher in the sky that time I drove from Santa Cruz to Eugene?

It could be because you got closer to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Planes flying with or against the Earth's rotation? Well, go in a car get it to drive at motorway speeds or whatever and toss a tennis ball in the air. Does it fly to the back of the car? Well, I will tell you it will not, it will go straight up and then down. You can do this yourself. That should answer your question about planes if you think it through.

No it does not answer his questions about planes. Do we throw planes straight up into the air and watch em fall straight down? No we don't.

What you are refering to as an explanation is relative velocity.

The ball is travelling at the same speed as the car, in the same direction, and the ball is not being propelled in any other direction while in the air, like a plane is.

The difference is that a plane is self propelled and not necessarily moving in the same direction the car/earth is moving.

So your "explanation" is completely worthless, and the question was completely valid yet never explained.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

What is the point you think you are making?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SolAquarius

In a flat earth that's spinning, wouldn't we be forced towards the edge...centrifugal force?

If I'm wrong, be gentle.

Who says flat earth is spinning?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The FET should have died when Eratosthenes figured out the circumference oh, so many years ago... He did the math, and was close, only fractions of a percentage off.

It really is settled science fact.

Science of geodesy.

Why should it have died.

Eratosthenes didn't prove the shape of the Earth, he only assumed it was a sphere and based on this assumption he calculated the supposed circumference.

Later, it was said that his calculation was about right.

Even at the time Einstein contrived his theory of relativity noone had proven the Earth to be a spinning flying ball, to the contrary, actually.
edit on 21-4-2017 by RippedVanWinkle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join