It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

i never said that way to project though

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

Yeah, I don't mean to criticize either. I do think that would be one of the ultimate conspiracies. And I see lots of piecemeal evidence that could potentially work.

It's the broader scope that leaves me wanting and sadly I must hold on to what we deem reality, lol.

Maybe I need to do some psychedelics again, those were never disappointing, haha.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

i am 4-5 cards having the entire English version collection. i am trying to find a group to play with now

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Hmm.. think Schrödingers cat, we must observe, and even then the result, is forced by the observer.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
...and so Antarctica is a wall of ice around the outside, and nobody know what is past that? "The forbidden zone". Like in Planet of the Apes. We don't want to rustle anyone's jimmies. Come to think of it though, if the earth is indeed round, how come I've never seen a shooting start going up from the horizon, and only going across or down? Hrmmmm

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Umm, cuz of gravity? How would that argument be any different with a flat earth?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Actually now that you mention gravity what is the source of gravity in the flat earth model?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I'm no physicist, but I would assume its the same. It would be due to the mass of the earth, whether flat, round, or a parallelogram.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I see what you are saying, but what if i'm standing, looking due south, and a shooting star was moving due north, would it not appear to be going "up" to me? (even though I know it would be falling due to gravity but you have to calculate in distance)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The reason for the concealment is more than likely our controllers live in the next dome on the right. There is a whole string of planets on this very same plane, it's like finding America full of gold and empty of people. What are those sneaky ones who find it and who love power going to do? Abuse their power and enslave. Dumb them down and tell the locals (earth planet) That space is dangerous and full of boogie men.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

I think you have your idea of perspective wrong. In the scenario you drew the shooting star would appear to be falling down as it traversed over your head.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The FET should have died when Eratosthenes figured out the circumference oh, so many years ago... He did the math, and was close, only fractions of a percentage off.

It really is settled science fact.

Science of geodesy.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

In a flat earth that's spinning, wouldn't we be forced towards the edge...centrifugal force?

If I'm wrong, be gentle.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Meh, our controllers (see Old Gods, etc) likely have us in an artificial environment (see holographic universe, etc) in order to farm us for whatever miserable, hopeless energies we produce... or something even stranger, for all we know...

and although I'm being completely flip, who knows... some of those crazy, desperate people with placards on street corners used to work nine to five in a cubicle until they discovered something...

Ol' Charlie Fort's pronouncement "We Are Property" still rings true today, but dangit, the controllers are subtle!

eta: but even IF the above musings have an iota of truth, the standard flat earthers are silly... but nowhere near as silly as me, for instance...
edit on 4/19/2017 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This video, if real, answers my question. As you can see, many falling stars are going "up". This is exactly what I was trying to say. I've never seen one personally, so I was wondering if it actually happened.

Sorry Toby, I hope this helps explain what I was trying to get across.

Plus, sorry to the OP, I got a little off topic.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I struggle with this one if you do simple searches of things such as gravity you find out somethings aren't what they seem how come all these ancient civilizations who knew about planet x before we did couldn't figure out the earth was tound... Until the dark ages see how stupid you sound know in the grand scheme of things

Ie we still can't recreate the precision of the ancient pyramids but hey we know more becuz they say we do..meh I may be crazy but you have just an equal chance of being crazy too your crazy just has a lot of money and motivations behind it 💯✊🏾
edit on 19-4-2017 by DMAC32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
An interesting video using Google maps and the curvature of the earth. I've not looked into the FET stuff much, but this video has indeed sparked my interest. I'm not 100% sold on the fact that we have even been on the moon. So now I have some interesting reads for tonight on this FET stuff. What can I say, I keep an open mind about all the strange stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'll be 100% on board the flat earth train as soon as somebody shows me one of the edges.
The stories that seem to claim the edges are all guarded by some secret army do make me smile.

Damn NASA keeps photoshopping my sunrises and sunsets, and somehow makes the sun rise later on the west coast. Those bastards! I bet they killed Kenny too.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is it NASA that made Polaris get higher in the sky that time I drove from Santa Cruz to Eugene?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DMAC32

I'm not sure the point about what ancient civilizations believed is accurate. Most ancient cultures represented the planets and earth as round. Perhaps they thought they were flat discs, but I don't think that is proven either way. I think the idea of the earth being flat came along the same time Christianity did. I could be wrong on this, never researched it, but did hear I said once by someone more learned than I on the topic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join