It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be alone for the rest of my life

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Maybe if your expectations were more realistic?

Just a suggestion.

Yeah, unrealistic expectations seem to be the number one killer of relationship chances. I found that out myself. Not a scientific study, but it works to make one's expectations more realistic.

I guess you could either work to improve yourself in hopes that it will attract someone of a higher caliber, or you could have more realistic expectations to give yourself an easier time.

Or you could live with cats, not as bad as it's cracked up to be.
edit on 31pmFri, 31 Mar 2017 18:31:38 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Sounds like settling would be some dude with a pooper scooper.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Advice:

You are talking about perception based icons of people, perception based in that you think you know who these people are, but you are basing that on your perception of them. Elon Musk is losing money right now. Steven Hawking is smart but was a total bastard to his wife. The Ty Burell guy I don't know, but sexy fades with time. What you want is a guy who is honest, moral, and trustworthy, who is a fighter and never gives up. Fortunes can be made and lost, intellect and looks can fade with age, but those character based qualities are great virtues that usually stick with a person for life.

And thank God you chose cats instead of parrots, You can love parrots but sometimes you want to kill them because they are so damn noisy.

edit on 31-3-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Poor cats, I swear people should pass a psychological test before being allowed to have pets, otherwise is animal cruelty

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

edit on 31-3-2017 by Peeple because: Sorry ATS that guy is ...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Too bad you edited it

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its not so bad really, there are pros and cons to the whole deal that seem to balance out. Adding in social expectations and biological drives is really what leverages the whole deal, I think.

Take those out of the equation and its more of a take it or leave it situation. That does tend to be something that is easier to lie about to ourselves rather than actually getting passed, but hey.. c'est la vie.

Life's a funny thing though and there are very few things that truly relegate a person to "singledom" with much certainty.

Cats aren't a bad compromise though, if you like 'em. Depending on the situation, it can also be a lot easier to get work done (whatever that may be individually) outside of a relationship. Though.. that difference probably lessens in proportion to cat population.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

It shows what kind of person we are, right?

At least I can look at myself in the mirror, can you? Because something I said clearly hit a nerve...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So...is the ATS orgy still on...or no?

I can bring shrimp dip.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Cute rat, but seriously, if you react like the now erased post I fear for the cats, one day one may scratch you and you will lash out again, poor animal don't deserve that

edit on 31-3-2017 by Indigent because: Typo

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You're stalking all your ex girlfriends too? Or just the people you can't win an argument with?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Stalking? What are you on I been here in this thread all day.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Oh right you made the Marilyn married 3times cowbells in space comment...
My bad.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Can't say I would want the cats (smell, noise, responsibility) but being alone is a good option me thinks... Relationships suck!

They are supposed to bring you happiness but I only seem to find missery and arguments. Eventually you have to say enough is enough.

To being alone... Ahhhhhhh

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It shows what kind of person we are, right?

At least I can look at myself in the mirror, can you? Because something I said clearly hit a nerve...

Yes the kwaii one, what a cute mouse! My Chinese astrological sign, although in this year of the Rooster? One supposedly meant for strutting around like you own the place where ever that may be one finds themselves? My sign is a black monkey for it; which means like the mouse conserve all resources possible.

Is it weird that as a mouse; I have always had a fondness of cats? They do have nine lives after all and well to be entombed with a tons of them to carry you through countless realms is fitting for queens... so lady of the cats which one would you be hiding in form, certainly not the mummy that is too obvious already being mummy to the kitty children.

Never mind me just a friend and not a womb raider. The mouse demanded satisfaction of comment... I too have a teddy bear so indeed the mirror fits as far as cute? Meh beholders... what those beasts in catacombs kinda like a hydra with eyes instead of all the heads think? I dunno I just use mine to shave... skin gets kinda loose under the chin not making the collagen get to work, so I has a handlebar that looks like a huge frown in dimly lit places and flavor saver that I never bank on.

Figured you could use a break and required some help with bouncing.

Quite a few suitors so I am sure you're busy and no need for a reply, thanks for sharing the mouse photo Im gonna desktop it. No fool'n

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That was my morning epiphany. I want a guy successful and innovative like Elon Musk, smart like Stephen Hawking and sexy like Ty Burrell with a beard.
Also I'd have to fall instantly deep in love or it just won't happen.
So yeah, I will have a lot of cats. And am totally fine with it.
Happy weekend

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It had nothing to do with 20 flags. It was about that 20 people actually think it matters.

Plus that your OP completely contradicts everything you told me.
So which is it? Is everything roleplaying? When is it reality?

Look I'm sorry for being upset with you but you do drive me nuts.
Can't help it. It's always back and forth.

What do you mean accept the challenge to read you?

What about what happened the other day?
You said I got Biron and Ron right.
You said I was right about who you were.

What are you talking about?
Did you roleplay when you cried for 30minutes?
I thought that was real.

You had me completely fooled.
Maybe I was right to get upset with you?

I dunno.
I won't bother anymore.
Have your "fun".

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

What are you talking about?

I don't think that we ever talked before. I know no Ron and no Biron? When was I crying to you for 30 minutes?

edit on 1-4-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

That was my morning epiphany. I want a guy successful and innovative like Elon Musk, smart like Stephen Hawking and sexy like Ty Burrell with a beard.
Also I'd have to fall instantly deep in love or it just won't happen.
So yeah, I will have a lot of cats. And am totally fine with it.
Happy weekend

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

I am pretty sure that's not even true.

Plenty of people have barriers against love (giving or receiving) yet people give them love all day long.
And plenty of people have no barriers yet no one cares about them or loves them at all.

I need a better theory of the Universe that is repeatably true and works consistently.
Rumi has great quotes don't get me wrong - but that one quote is not scientifically true at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join