It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be alone for the rest of my life

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Whatever.
Bye.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So you admit you confuse me with someone else?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: Peeple
That was my morning epiphany. I want a guy successful and innovative like Elon Musk, smart like Stephen Hawking and sexy like Ty Burrell with a beard.
Also I'd have to fall instantly deep in love or it just won't happen.
So yeah, I will have a lot of cats. And am totally fine with it.
Happy weekend

Why the long face😆(Sarah Jessica Parker)... aren't you and Mathew Broderick married ?
Ok..

You requested Ty with a beard.
Smart like Hawkings.
Innovative like Musk.

I give you a beard added to a Ty Head on Hawking's body in Zero Gravity in Elon Musk's SpaceX Ship!
( I'm going to hell... enjoy it quick because it feels tasteless )...
And I will be deleting..🙄

Well played!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I have been looking for a place to pop in here and opine....... and much like your view of a future relationship with your perfect person, it just wasn't happening. Soooo, here I go: UGA: Uninvited Gratuitious Advice.

A little more than 30 years ago, yet another hopeful relationship had just ended; she had seemed perfect -- a biology teacher, good-looking, athletic, insightful, good sex. What's not to lurve? Didn't work out for a myriad of reasons, the least of which was her insufferable need to be worshipped.

I was in a place where I figured enough was enough -- ta hell with it -- I'll just have a rambunctious encounter now and then, no strings, no pressure and do what I want when I want. Easy peasy, no worries. At that very moment, my future was awaiting me. There was a woman whom I'd worked with in a social services agency while I was going to school. One day, long after I'd left the agency, I had an intuition to call her. She and her husband had divorced, and the two of us started getting together. BOTH of us were not looking for the linear progression that often is a part of a budding relationship. Nope. We wanted to just have fun without any pressure. Friends. It was six months before we even kissed.

We have been joyfully -- and I really mean that -- married for 28 years. I am a really very lucky man. She is the love of my life, and I'm hers.

My advice to you: Don't give up, don't rule anything out, but also don't be in a mode of searching. Meditate sometimes. Be a good person worthy of your own ideals. Beauty is good, but not nearly enough. Make rules for yourself and live by them and continue to be autonomous. There is no shame nor slight in being alone. If you can be happy with your own company, you can be worthy of someone of the same ilk.

All best! I hope your equal and you find each other.
edit on 1/4/17 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I need a better theory of the Universe that is repeatably true and works consistently.

Then suffering disappointment will be a large portion of your 'intellectual' life.

Rumi has great quotes don't get me wrong - but that one quote is not scientifically true at all.

The Truth of the quote completely transcends the severely limited conditional context of your tiny 'science'.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If your OP was honest, it's time to take a look at yourself.

You most likely aren't smart like a Madam Curie, nor attractive like an Ivanka, nor innovative like.... you get the point.

If you really think those are the qualities you want in a SO then maybe you have an out of whack perception of yourself.

Yes, you CAN think too highly of yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

My OP was me humorously saying I'll never have sex ever again. And that this is my choice and I'm happy with it.

It's quite surprising how many didn't get that.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Whoa don't give up! I have a feeling your a great person to know in IRL.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Why try to convert someone back into the social conventions?

It may seem like giving up, and perhaps for some that is the truth, but for others it truly is more of a choice than an act of defeat.

I actually find the whole conversation interesting, because I understand how such a decision will seem completely incomprehensible to some (most?) folks.

I made a similar decision as Peeple years ago and life circumstances eventually made it a near certainty. It doesn't mean the option is completely closed down, just that there is no longer a search or hunt. Frankly, its really been a great shift of focus, time, and energy.

Everyone is different obviously, so in some cases it may be a pitiable situation, but I wouldn't say thats a safe conclusion across the board. Nor does it necessitate a concerted effort to bring someone back into the "fold." In a lot of ways, chasing that relationship dragon can be quite detrimental.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You know in a way sympathize with her. Sometimes I considered doing the same like Peeples since I'm pretty cynical about relationships at times.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
since I'm pretty cynical about relationships at times.

I think we can all be that way in certain periods of our lives. Its hard not to be!

There's this huge push to constantly be in a relationship and er.. "working towards the future." It takes an enormous amount of time and effort on a lot of levels. The tag team of biological and social motivators make it seem like any other choice is borderline blasphemy. Even moving away from it as a main pursuit in life is seen as strange, at the very least. Its probably one of the most deeply embedded aspects of our cultural story, even if it has taken entirely different forms over the centuries.

I think if it is a decision based solely on cynicism, bitterness, or enmity that it is very likely a mistake. Albeit, one that will probably only last as long as that state of mind/emotions. But, there are other factors that can come into play that result in a more permanent situation that isn't based on a whim or unhealthy emotional states.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I am sure Artemis/Diana appreciates it just as much the father of the "prodigal son". Casting your pearl before swine, leaves the pearly ones little to smile about.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Honey, I'm home. Although I might be over-shooting your expectations a little. Infact.. I'm not sure you're up to my standards...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Tempter
My OP was me humorously saying I'll never have sex ever again. And that this is my choice and I'm happy with it.
It's quite surprising how many didn't get that.

Geez, I didn't get it either. Went right over my head, thought you were speaking more of romantic/long term/committed type of love. Well, as long as you're happy that's, truly, all that matters.

I can relate to a lot of what you've said. I see it daily, almost, folks that simply have to be in a relationship. If they have a break up then the search (within a few weeks) begins for the new SO. I think biological clocks can play a major role but, I also think that some folks are just uncomfortable or unsatisfied in their aloneness (relationship wise).
I have a friend at work and he is always on the hunt. He's quite intense actually. One cannot simply go on a date with him casually, he doesn't comprehend that there are people who don't desire an exclusive relationship with him. He really needs to be 'attached' for whatever reasons. It's odd to me.

Anyway, the point of that was a comment on this

Even moving away from it as a main pursuit in life is seen as strange, at the very least. Its probably one of the most deeply embedded aspects of our cultural story, even if it has taken entirely different forms over the centuries.

And this

In a lot of ways, chasing that relationship dragon can be quite detrimental.

Yes, agreed. I'm nobody special but, he asks me out a lot and I always respond the same. A person could miss out on some really great friendships just by seeming so needy (? probably not the right word), desperate?
Thanks for your comments to the thread, they really gave me some things to ponder.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
being single is nice. you can do whatever you want. no one to complain and nag you about things. out of all my friend that are married, all of them but one are miserable.

staying single is a good thing if you ask me

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Maybe put some makeup on! Your profile picture is terrible. just sayin...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'd say stop watching disney.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

...and what is it that you bring to the table to deserve so much?

Why not ?

The only real power any of us has anymore is the the power of deciding who we want to be with.

I say shoot for the moon.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You would have better luck with men if you cut your hair and tried a different hairstyle. The current style you are rocking makes your nose look a bit long.

I know it sounds mean, just trying to help.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

You would have better luck with men if you cut your hair and tried a different hairstyle. The current style you are rocking makes your nose look a bit long.

I know it sounds mean, just trying to help.

A pair of latex stockings and suspenders would look quite nice too!

OMFG... that's a horse???

I thought it was a sheep?

Warmest

Lags
edit on 3-4-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Rather carp at spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join