It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina legislators vote to repeal 'bathroom bill' that discriminates transgender people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

At least you are honest. The point is they would not be able to do anything unless they really dare to, which will get them arrested as per the laws already in place. So all this issue is overblown.

It stills makes me a somewhat uncomfortable for my childs sake. Call me what you want, i still find that aspect of it very troublesome.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'm not going to call you anything.
Like I said I understand your concern. I am uncomfortable with ANYONE in bathrooms. And besides why not be concerned about priests too? I mean be consistent ya know? Perverts are a fact of life.

edit on 3/30/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I understand women not wanting men in their bathrooms but what if I don't want some transgender dude eyeing me up and down while I pee? What about a transgender woman eyeing up other women as they pee?

Well, as a chick, here's my very blunt take on s#ter gawkers. You guys piss in urinals without being in a lockable private stall. At this rate, I don't see why you don't just do away with stall doors for pooping if you're whipping it out within eyesight, "urinal wall" or not. I've accidentally hurried into the wrong restroom before, you guys, lol, you're not hiding anything with those.
I don't think men have much room to argue over whether or not someone can sideways ogle. No walls, no s# someone's eventually looking.

Women on the other hand, generally don't care for that openly communal bathroom style. If someone wants to watch me take a piss, they're going to have to either look under the stall wall, or peep through the door and/or wall cracks. THAT is when I take out my keys and jab an eyeball. Like your eyesight? Don't peep in a locked stall. Very simple. Pretty damn big difference between actively peeping through a tiny crack or obviously under the wall in the womens' room versus a quick side ogle at the urinal.

Except, the problem is, we have more recorded events of straight up WOMEN doing it now to women they suspect of being trans than trans peeping on born women. So...yeah. I have no issue with whether or not who pees or poops in the same bathroom as I do is male or female (I'm not remotely opposed to implementing unisex bathrooms, either) Just don't peep at others. Period.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

What percentage of the transgender pop are child groping freakos I wonder?
What a tool

It's not the trans folks that are the concern.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I understand women not wanting men in their bathrooms but what if I don't want some transgender dude eyeing me up and down while I pee? What about a transgender woman eyeing up other women as they pee?

Well, as a chick, here's my very blunt take on s#ter gawkers. You guys piss in urinals without being in a lockable private stall. At this rate, I don't see why you don't just do away with stall doors for pooping if you're whipping it out within eyesight, "urinal wall" or not. I've accidentally hurried into the wrong restroom before, you guys, lol, you're not hiding anything with those.
I don't think men have much room to argue over whether or not someone can sideways ogle. No walls, no s# someone's eventually looking.

Women on the other hand, generally don't care for that openly communal bathroom style. If someone wants to watch me take a piss, they're going to have to either look under the stall wall, or peep through the door and/or wall cracks. THAT is when I take out my keys and jab an eyeball. Like your eyesight? Don't peep in a locked stall. Very simple. Pretty damn big difference between actively peeping through a tiny crack or obviously under the wall in the womens' room versus a quick side ogle at the urinal.

Except, the problem is, we have more recorded events of straight up WOMEN doing it now to women they suspect of being trans than trans peeping on born women. So...yeah. I have no issue with whether or not who pees or poops in the same bathroom as I do is male or female (I'm not remotely opposed to implementing unisex bathrooms, either) Just don't peep at others. Period.

1) You spent how many seconds in a men's room? I guess you didn't have enough time to notice that we don't congregate next to each other with those urinals unless we have a divider.

2) Restrooms aren't the real problem, honestly. Like you say, there are stalls and I pointed out the privacy dividers. The real concern is with locker rooms and showers where the kids are in stages of undress with no means for privacy from a perv stalker or voyeur exploiting a loophole to unrestricted access. We've already seen enough problems come from from when one kid maliciously takes a picture of another kid in their underwear, why make the problem worse by making access easier?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

What percentage of the transgender pop are child groping freakos I wonder?
What a tool

It's not the trans folks that are the concern.

Yeah, those are called "Predators" and they don't wait for laws to change so they can "blend in" before preying on victims. Instead, they kind of wait for their momentary window of opportunity to get their warped jollies, as best their "impulses" allow. The last thing a rapist wants is to actually get caught in the middle of it, yanno.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
1) You spent how many seconds in a men's room? I guess you didn't have enough time to notice that we don't congregate next to each other with those urinals unless we have a divider.

Enough to have several guys look at me funny while I looked back in utter confusion, and took a good look around before I realized where I'd blindly run into. And keep thinking nobody looks, dividers or otherwise XD Especially take note of where mirrors are, *I* sure did XD

2) Restrooms aren't the real problem, honestly. Like you say, there are stalls and I pointed out the privacy dividers. The real concern is with locker rooms and showers where the kids are in stages of undress with no means for privacy from a perv stalker or voyeur exploiting a loophole to unrestricted access. We've already seen enough problems come from from when one kid maliciously takes a picture of another kid in their underwear, why make the problem worse by making access easier?

o.O Have you seriously never been in a unisex locker room? This isn't a foreign concept in the US, they do exist and have for a LONG time. They made waves before as a side argument back when Ally McBeal hit the air with it's unisex bathroom concept that everyone crapped themselves over.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wasn't saying that I am choosing a side or that women getting spied on is any less severe, I was just pointing out how the argument could easily go the other way.

I personally don't care if a transgender guy uses the same bathroom as me, 99% of people in general aren't going to sit there and try to watch you use the bathroom or "sneak a peak".

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I'm not going to call you anything.
Like I said I understand your concern. I am uncomfortable with ANYONE in bathrooms. And besides why not be concerned about priests too? I mean be consistent ya know? Perverts are a fact of life.

Same as with the family member issue with priests. Atleast i have more control with time spent alone with my kid. The world if full of peices of #. Its our job as parents to protect our children the best we can and that means doing our best to make sure we do not put them into situations like that.

We can only try our best. People will still be people.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

No not just now but apparently a whole bunch of people will have no problem with them joining their daughter's in the bathroom as long as they claim to be transgender.

And, news flash, when you go into a bathroom and start committing crimes, claiming to be trans isn't going to stop you from getting arrested.

Just like it doesn't work now and didn't work before.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Being a parent means you cannot make rational assessments about actual risk? I guess not being a parent means I can remain rational. In your mind that's a bad thing.

You should study actual statistics and worry about real threats instead of the boogeyman the far right pushes on you. Transgendered women have been using the women's bathroom for decades. It isn't a threat to your child.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

No not just now but apparently a whole bunch of people will have no problem with them joining their daughter's in the bathroom as long as they claim to be transgender.

So you feel that every MtF transgendered individual is a pervert?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

If you read any of my other post my issue is with pedophiles claiming to be trans in order to gain access to female bathrooms with not so much as a peep from anyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Gun argument. Perverts don't care about the laws in the first place. Case closed.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This was only a problem to busybodies minding other people's business.

I think people's main concerns where having their little daughter in a bathroom with a freako. I could understand if all transies were law abiding, but when kids start getting groped etc, then it becomes an issue.

Yeah I know what the "problem" was. It always comes down to a cheap, "What about the children?" response. When in doubt on morality drag children into it. It's not like there was anything preventing those "freakos" from entering the bathroom before. Criminals don't abide the law, remember?
edit on 31-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

If you've gotten the surgery, then you can use the other bathroom. Until then, use the one that corresponds to your genitalia. If you don't like it, get the surgery and be who you're meant to be. I'm a liberal, and I approve this message.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

If you've gotten the surgery, then you can use the other bathroom. Until then, use the one that corresponds to your genitalia. If you don't like it, get the surgery and be who you're meant to be. I'm a liberal, and I approve this message.

I used to feel that way. Until I realized how primitive and close-minded it was. If gender confirmation surgery were easy, affordable, and necessary, I'd still think that way. But the truth is that we have men with vaginas and women with penises. We have for thousands of years. And they've been generally accepted in their respective societies for thousands of years.

If you happen to see somebody's genitalia in the restroom then either you are a pervert or the other person is indecently exposing themselves. In either of those scenarios, the other person being cis or trans is irrelevant because one of you is a pervy jerk.

I think one solution (which wouldn't be entirely fair to trans people but would be a compromise) would be to require people to use the bathroom that matches their ID. In order to legally change your gender, you have to actually be what you say you are. Meaning you need mental health professionals, doctors, and a judge to say "Yeppers, that there's a lady" (or dude for trans men). It's flawed but it seems conservatives would be happy with at least that.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

If you read any of my other post my issue is with pedophiles claiming to be trans in order to gain access to female bathrooms with not so much as a peep from anyone.

And if you'd read my other posts you'd see that pedophiles claiming to be trans while breaking the law isn't going to change the fact that they're breaking the law.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join