It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina legislators vote to repeal 'bathroom bill' that discriminates transgender people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They reached a deal to repeal the law. I don't know how this law was going to be enforced in the first place. So many questions, issues, and then there was the controversy and public backlash. Me thinks money and business played the main role in pushing NC Lawmakers to repeal:

However, not everyone is pleased with the deal between the Republican-controlled Legislature and the Democratic governor. Social conservatives would prefer to have House Bill 2 stay on the books. Gay rights groups believe the replacement bill allows discrimination.

Senator Dan Bishop, a primary sponsor of House Bill 2, denounced the new deal on the Senate floor. “This bill is at best a punt, at worst a betrayal of principle,” said the Republican from the Charlotte area.

Though the repeal rolls back discrimination in some bathrooms, it leaves the regulations solely in the hands of the state, meaning that it blocks cities from offering their own job and restroom protections to vulnerable groups for nearly four years.

www.independent.co.uk...

Some are calling this new law a 'compromise' but the way I see it, it's the beginning of reality slapping people in the face. The fact of the matter is, this law never had anything to do with safety. There's no crime wave of transgender people assaulting people in bathrooms. There's no statistic, no facts justifying a need for such a law. It was political, bigotry, plain and simple. You can't target Jews anymore, you can't target Blacks anymore, you can't target Gay and Lesbians anymore, go for the transgender community. Who's next?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Never seen a cop in a bathroom...
The fact that this ever even got to be an issue is beyond me.

The only solution I see, is go into whatever bathroom you "look like" most.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This was only a problem to busybodies minding other people's business.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So have transgenders not been using public bathrooms for the last few decades?
Don't see how a law will change anything especially when it's not enforceable.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Seriously, who gets fixated on where somebody chooses to take a cr*p?? Who?? It's a public toilet, why are you so concerned? The transgender community is such a small part of the population, I've never noticed any issue, there's no statistic. I never thought to myself "gee whizz I wonder if there be any transvestites in this bathroom" because all I care about is using the facility.

'Small government' my ass.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Lets go back to outhouses and port-o-potties. Thats the only way to sort it out. If that doesnt work, get rid of bathrooms all together. People can go find a spot in the woods somewhere. This is stoooooopid

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This was only a problem to busybodies minding other people's business.

I think people's main concerns where having their little daughter in a bathroom with a freako. I could understand if all transies were law abiding, but when kids start getting groped etc, then it becomes an issue.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yippee skippy now, .05% of the population can breathe a collective sigh of relief! What could be more important?

link   
Yaaaaay now the 0.3 % of the USA population that identifies as "Transgender" can use the bathroom in peace.

I'm so glad ATS can dedicate so many threads for the 0.3% of the USA population and their bathroom habits.

link   

You're right, it didn't have anything to do with safety, and it had everything to do with the city of Charlotte writing ordinances the state constitution doesn't allow them the power to write.

Charlotte's city council wrote an ordinance about a non-issue so that they could score points before local and state elections and attempt to turn the state more to the left. Aside from costing the Governor his office, it didn't do much as the state legislature is pretty firmly right-leaning.

No cops were standing in bathrooms checking IDs before HB2, and it didn't happen after HB2 was passed.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with doing "the right thing" and everything to do with the NCAA threatening to pull sports out of the state, AKA pulling dollars out of the state. It wasn't until the NCAA put a deadline on the legislature to get the repeal done that things started to move.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

What percentage of the transgender pop are child groping freakos I wonder?
What a tool

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I understand women not wanting men in their bathrooms but what if I don't want some transgender dude eyeing me up and down while I pee? What about a transgender woman eyeing up other women as they pee?

This "issue" can easily go both ways, which is probably why it was brought to the forefront at the time. Both sides had their valid points and that alone made sure that neither side would give and the issue never truly resolved.

It was/is just another talking point where no resolution can or will be made, that is the media's specialty.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

What a tool

Its not so much transgender people as much as it would be perverts using that as an excuse. But yah call people a tool for that. You must not have a daughter.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You have to remember NC is the bible belt, I believe the big churches were behind this hateful Bill to begin with.

They didn't count on the back lash of hundreds of millions of dollars of industries, and millions lost in entertainment to NC.

So many concerts were cancels by well known artist, millions lost in revenues and taxes. Money talks and the BS finally lost in this grand scheme of hatred towards Transgenders.

NC politions watched their State economy declined as many people took their money and business elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Never seen a cop in a bathroom...
The fact that this ever even got to be an issue is beyond me.

The only solution I see, is go into whatever bathroom you "look like" most.

It wasn't an issue, then Obama had to save the transgendered from a problem that did not exist which was a trigger for every god-fearin' fam'bly man to get all worked up about the billions of transgendered men in the country that have been waiting patiently for just such a law in order to grope their daughter in the bathroom.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

originally posted by: TinySickTears

What a tool

Its not so much transgender people as much as it would be perverts using that as an excuse. But yah call people a tool for that. You must not have a daughter.

Yes, pedophiles have been waiting.... just for this... just for an excuse. Because we know they are so great at self-control. The law about using bathrooms was going to stop them but the laws against molesting a child were not?

You realize how absurd this sounds right?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2017 by Abysha because: Not worth the time...

(post by Jimmycrackerson1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimmycrackerson1
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

*POST REMOVED BY STAFF*

Must be hard being scared all the time. Poor thing

edit on 3/30/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jimmycrackerson1

Sir, ....Sir.....you dropped your white hood and sheet, here, I'll grab it for you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join