It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina legislators vote to repeal 'bathroom bill' that discriminates transgender people

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage, this isn't racist, come on, you know that. I used to respect you and your views on here, I'm starting to change my mind.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

I didn't say it was. But laws about who must use which restroom are discriminatory whether based on race or gender. This law specifically targeted a certain element of society, the transgendered.

Why is it necessary to have a law for which there is no problem? That's why I asked that question previously.

I used to respect you and your views on here, I'm starting to change my mind.
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that, I still wouldn't care.
edit on 4/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sorry, again, law or not, if a man walks into a restroom right behind my wife or daughter, it's not going to be a pretty sight afterwards. My obligation is to my family and their safety. Bringing up "a black woman" has absolutely nothing to do with this, SHE was still a SHE and has every reason to be in there doing HER business. You can semantics the hell out of it if you wish, and I don't care if the law allows it, that's whats gonna happen, because it's simple common sense, a man has absolutely no reason to be in a LADIES restroom.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a man has absolutely no reason to be in a LADIES restroom.

And it's been a huge problem. Hasn't it? You've had your hands full dealing with them. Haven't you?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Not YET. But, before laws like this have been in place, if a man walked into a woman's restroom, a police officer would get involved if they were around.

Now, they may feel emboldened to enter simply, because they can.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Because it's been such a problem when police officers aren't around. As you well know, seeing as you've been so busy keeping men out of the women's restroom.

They could before. There was no law against it until this stupid thing showed up. And all over the place, men have been going into women's restrooms for all this time!

edit on 4/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

No not just now but apparently a whole bunch of people will have no problem with them joining their daughter's in the bathroom as long as they claim to be transgender.

So you feel that every MtF transgendered individual is a pervert?

If you read any of my other post my issue is with pedophiles claiming to be trans in order to gain access to female bathrooms with not so much as a peep from anyone.

And if you'd read my other posts you'd see that pedophiles claiming to be trans while breaking the law isn't going to change the fact that they're breaking the law.

Not to mention, a pedophile will be allowed in some bathrooms, regardless of these stupid bathroom laws. Why don't we hear this hubbub about pedophiles in the men's room? Do kids not use the men's room?

Or... why hasn't there been any legislation to ban pedophiles from public restrooms period? That's how you can tell this is all bigoted nonsense.

Stopping pedophiles with silly legislation isn't worth it unless... you can screw over some transgender people while you're at it.

Where I live and have always lived (midwesternish), the general routine is for women to take their little boys into the women's room with them. They NEVER send the little boys into the men's room by themselves. Earliest, VERY earliest would be 2nd grade that they'd be allowed to navigate the men's room without mom's supervision.

(This was, of course, when 99% of care was provided by a female. Of course if a dad went, he would accompany his little boy.)

Similarly, standard procedure is for little GIRLS to be accompanied by their mothers as well. How do dads who are primary adults in charge handle little girls? Do they take the little girls into the men's room?

I am honestly asking - I've NEVER seen that. Now that I think of it, I don't know if I've ever seen a dad and little girl together in a line for either the men's OR the women's. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
and furthermore --- the thoughts I had yesterday listening to this unfolding on Here and Now (PRI) -- were, if a transgender person appears by all accounts to be a female (in voice/tone/gesture/personality/comportment/dress/manner, etc), you wouldn't even KNOW!

I have found out that people I thought were "cis" were actually trans.

I would GUARANDAMNTEE every reader who has ever been in modern society, large crowds, classrooms, office buildings, schools, public facilities, stadiums, concerts, WHERE THE HELL EVER, you have come across a transgendered person and you NEVER KNEW IT.

They aren't going to post a guard outside every bathroom and require people to produce a copy of their birth certificate! For christ's sake - this....THIS...is the nonsense distraction crap.

Meanwhile, Putin slowly rubs his hands together with a grin so wicked and depraved that would make The Grinch blush.

my pov.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Because it's been such a problem when police officers aren't around. As you well know, seeing as you've been so busy keeping men out of the women's restroom.

They could before. There was no law against it until this stupid thing showed up. And all over the place, men have been going into women's restrooms for all this time!
My mom was telling me about how she has used the men's when the lines for the women's were stupid long during an intermission at an event or halftime or whatever public facility provided for large crowds. My nephew is an architect. She asked him why there were not enough bathrooms for ladies at crowds (never mind they should have freaking thought of that before leaving the house, am I right? LOL!)

He explained that the big architect contracts - the fancy ass buildings with all the creativity and art-in-architecture stuff like Sydney's Opera house, the Kauffman Center in KC, the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, new arenas and stadiums, convention hotels, etc....

the developers simply don't want to pay for the plumbing for sufficient WOMEN'S ROOMS - so they have us stand in line like sheep. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, people, I think this is all silly. Talk about distractions. There are gay people and trans people walking around freely amongst us, paying to see the show, shopping for back-to-school supplies, going to soccer games and movies, and if they need to use the facilities, you most likely will never know they are not 'birth certificate gender assignment' different in their demeanor than you are in any way.

edit on 4/1/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

if a man walks into a restroom right behind my wife or daughter

I've met a few women with masculine features (sometimes it's hard to tell the difference) who can take on few men. I'd love to see you try them.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have two boys, not girls, but I have a few friends that have a girl or more than one girl. When they do a day out with dad and somebody needs to pee, dad stands by the lady's room door until they're done or finds a family bathroom/single capacity bathroom.

I've only seen a guy take his daughter into the men's room a couple of times and that was due to either the daughter being in diapers still or dad trying to corral multiple kids of different genders.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960

Sorry, again, law or not, if a man walks into a restroom right behind my wife or daughter, it's not going to be a pretty sight afterwards..

do they always have a sentinel standing guard?
you think now all of a sudden it is game on or something

ha

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have two boys, not girls, but I have a few friends that have a girl or more than one girl. When they do a day out with dad and somebody needs to pee, dad stands by the lady's room door until they're done or finds a family bathroom/single capacity bathroom.

I've only seen a guy take his daughter into the men's room a couple of times and that was due to either the daughter being in diapers still or dad trying to corral multiple kids of different genders.
Thanks for that anecdote! Right!!!

edit on 4/1/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
But, before laws like this have been in place, if a man walked into a woman's restroom, a police officer would get involved if they were around.

What would the police do? You know that in nearly every jurisdiction there are no laws preventing men or women from entering the opposite restroom, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I find it odd that anyone would care if someone saw their junk or saw them taking a piss... Honestly, i couldn't care less; male, female, trans, whatever .. If someone is that desperate to see it then be my guest, it's not like I've got anything particularly special (sadly), i'd post a picture of it right here to be quite honest
it's only a body part for Christ's sake...

Now if someone wants to try and touch it then that's a whole different ball game... That's gonna cost you

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a "transgender people" These idiots have pushed agenda's to the maximum and got you believing that it's real. You don't get crapped out your mom and think I should be a girl when you have boy parts! It's science. All it is is a horny dog humping the leg to get attention.

I have an idea how about use the bathroom that your genitals dictate you use?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: agentscoly

Huh?

Firstly, if you think you were 'crapped out of your mum' then i think you might need to grab a biology textbook and have a quick look at the making babies section (no giggling now).

Secondly, you may argue whether being transgender is a mental health issue or a psychology issue or a biology/neurology issue, you can argue the morality of it all you like, but one thing you can't argue is whether or not it exists??

Have you been outside much? Surely you've seen someone who is trans?

If you're a 'pics or it didn't happen' guy or gal (or trans) then google is your friend

edit on 2-4-2017 by Indrasweb because: seriously, ATS censored the word sn ig geri ng saying it was "the n word' so i had to put giggling ???

edit on 2-4-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join