It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elongated Skulls from Peru DNA Results

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The following information is from the website of Brien Foerster , an archeologist who made some appearances on History & Discovery channel. He mainly focuses on ancient Peruvian culture & the strange elongated skulls that were found there. On his website he reveals the Mitchocondrial DNA results of 4 elongated Peruvian skulls:

DNA testing of the baby Paracas was conducted in the Lakehead University lab in Canada, as well as two other labs in the United States. radiocarbon tests indicated that the baby died 1950 years ago on the coast of Peru. In the DNA results we saw that the 18 to 22 month old Paracas royal baby, with obvious blonde/red hair had the maternal haplogroup U2e1 which is only found in people of European descent, and more specifically proto-Germanic and proto-Slavic speakers.

an 850 year old elongated skull from the highlands east of Lima, not Paracas was tested and the maternal haplogroup found was T2b, again a European haplogroup most commonly found in the British Isles, Baltic states and Scandinavia.

The broader T2 haplogroup is found only in Europeans and some Middle Eastern areas, and NOT in Eastern Asia. Thus, we now have DNA from 2 ancient Peruvian people whose ancestry, at least in part comes from Europe , long before the Spanish arrived in the 1500s AD.

More specifically, T2b is found only in the British Isles area, the Baltic states and parts of Scandinavia! Thus, the human migration story of South America will have to be rewritten...

And here we have the results of the skull seen below, which is of the Paracas culture and is located in the Juan Navarro Museum in Paracas. Sr. Juan named this “Cleopatra” because of the graceful shape of the head, and do note the obvious red hair. The maternal DNA found from hair of this sample is haplogroup H1 , commonly found in Western Europe, especially among the Basque (27.8%) but also in Iberia and perhaps north Africa.

We can see the maternal DNA of haplogroup H1 is predominantly found in Western-Europe.

Haplogroup H1 is by far the most common subclade in Europe, representing approximately than half of the H lineages in Western Europe. - eupedia

edit on 19-3-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Did I miss why the skulls were elongated?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

I remember when these skulls came to town. Lakehead University is located in my home city of Thunder Bay.
There was quite the buzz around this!
edit on 19-3-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Now I seem to remember it was possible for the Egyptians to sail over their in reed boat or something like that?

I'd imagine that many years ago the sea level was lower as 10,000 years ago you could walk from the UK to mainland Europe with no effort so who knows if a few people managed to with a good bit of will and hope could just see something a lot better in the distance wouldn't have taken the risks.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

As far as I've read, it was a practice called head binding. They tightly bound the heads of newborns while their skulls were easily manipulated and soft. This gave them the elongated skulls.

Similar to the neck rings of those with what appear to be elongated necks....it is actually that the rings just pushed the clavicle bones down giving the appearance of a longer neck.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Ghost147

As far as I've read, it was a practice called head binding. They tightly bound the heads of newborns while their skulls were easily manipulated and soft. This gave them the elongated skulls.

Similar to the neck rings of those with what appear to be elongated necks....it is actually that the rings just pushed the clavicle bones down giving the appearance of a longer neck.

The practice was likely done to mimic others that were born that way.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Now we "only" have to distinguish the binders with the originals.

No sarcasm, i believe there are originals.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Excellent post! This topic is fascinating.

Say it with me...Atlantis was not a myth.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I know this is a massive long shot but would that mean that there was global contact for these cultures and as such it would raise the very real question that it why we see cultures world wide "that we are told" did not have contact yet had similar beliefs and ways of building?, thinking pyramids here for a quick reference..

Would this discovery not mean the whole of Human migration will need to be looked at??..

RA

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wonder a little bit about this 'news'. These days I wonder about everything and take it all with a grain of salt.

Could it be an attempt to get us closer to believing this 'untouchable' evidence where the development/origins of mankind is concerned?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So this proves people from Europe came to the Americas long before the Spaniards.

Time to take a close look at "History".

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am wondering how the language groups match or don't ...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So this proves people from Europe came to the Americas long before the Spaniards.

And a family tree, you actually might be the rightful king of Brazil...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

They most likely came the other way, over the Bering Strait. It is pretty much a fact that the Native Americans came down from Alaska and I think South America was populated from the North, not over the sea. People could easily have traveled over thousands of years across Russia from Northern Europe.

*EDIT: Just discovered there was another land bridge:

"Instead of the Bering Strait there was a land bridge [30,000 years ago], because during the Ice Age much water was locked in glaciers and the level of the world's oceans was lower,"

I used to think that the Egyptians crossed the Atlantic, but now we know of pyramids all over the earth, from China to Egypt to Aztec South America and so many others. Pyramids seem to have an almost universal origin.

The elongated head trend also features in many cultures of antiquity in many places and times on the earth. Trade routes were all over the earth I am sure of it. If you check out the Aborigine Song Lines we get an idea of the intricacy and almost magic of ancient infrastructure. People have wandered and sailed all over this earth for many thousands of years.

These genetic findings do not surprise me one bit.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: xuenchen

And a family tree, you actually might be the rightful king of Brazil...

Well I am 9% Cherokee.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

rbth.com...

It's official: Native Americans and Siberians are cousins February 23, 2016 Aram Ter-Ghazaryan, special to RBTH After more than a century of speculation, an international group of geneticists has conclusively proven that the Aztecs, Incas, and Iroquois are closely related to the peoples of Altai, the Siberian region that borders China and Mongolia.

Land bridge from Asia Scientists already know how humans traveled to the Americas from Altai. "Instead of the Bering Strait there was a land bridge [30,000 years ago], because during the Ice Age much water was locked in glaciers and the level of the world's oceans was lower," Dr. Balanovsky explained.

Sorry, there was another land bridge other than Bering Strait that I just found out about.
edit on 19-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting post but Brien also believes this.

www.google.com...

"investigators claim this giant hand is REAL and could have come from a dead extra terrestrial being."

link   
There was a PBS show, either Secrets of the Dead or Nova, that postulated that Carthaginians with some of their allies may gone to Central / South America after their defeat by the Romans. Does the carbon dating fit within the fall of the Carthaginian empire?

Just wondering.

Additional Edit: I looked it up and it was from a Secrets of the Dead episode.

Secrets of the Dead Episode PBS
edit on 19-3-2017 by feldercarb because: additional info

link   
So they aren't aliens?

Bummer

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

They most likely came the other way, over the Bering Strait. It is pretty much a fact that the Native Americans came down from Alaska and I think South America was populated from the North, not over the sea. People could easily have traveled over thousands of years across Russia from Northern Europe.

I used to think that the Egyptians crossed the Atlantic, but now we know of pyramids all over the earth, from China to Egypt to Aztec South America and so many others. Pyramids seem to have an almost universal origin.

The elongated head trend also features in many cultures of antiquity in many places and times on the earth. Trade routes were all over the earth I am sure of it. If you check out the Aborigine Song Lines we get an idea of the intricacy and almost magic of ancient infrastructure. People have wandered and sailed all over this earth for many thousands of years.

These genetic findings do not surprise me one iota.

The other coincidence is that both the Egyptians and South Americans seemed to make their writing using pictograms of birds, animals and gods.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join