It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elongated Skulls from Peru DNA Results

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
www.snopes.com...
lol anything with Foerster as a source should immediately ring alarm bells

Same with snopes...

On topic - I also thought the skulls seemed to have less "suture" lines than the other elongated skulls I have seen. I've heard countless stories of red haired giants all over North and South America going way back. These findings certainly add merit to those "myths".

Fits in with OOPARTs too in my opinion.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is quite interesting in that amongst the tribes that practised head binding around 2000 years ago were the Heruli (Pontic Steppe area). The Heruli originated in Northern Scandavia (picked the tribes off until they united and forced them to flee, evenetually ending up on the Pontic Steppe). The Heruli were depicted as having red hair (Cassius Dio, Tacitus, etc).

Could some have ended up in South America? Who knows but we do know that at various times, the Heruli allied with various Gothic tribes (such as the Greuthungi) and these gothic tribes often raided the Romam Imperium in longships (like the Vikings a thousand years later). Perhaps a couple of boats were caught in a serious storm system and ended up being blown across the Atlantic? Hard to say either way but it is interesting the mDNA ties in to the Baltic / Scandinavian region.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlavianPerhaps a couple of boats were caught in a serious storm system and ended up being blown across the Atlantic? .

And then they walked from the East coast of America to the west....

the claim that some of the DNA is unrecognised is quite common when dealing with ancient DNA, it simply means that none of their descendants survived to add their genetic inheritance to the gene pool. But the fact that it is DNA at all shows they are fully human.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Hey Marduk,

Why mention human? I never claimed alien - i said its interesting the dna shown is Scandanavian in that it ties into tribes originally from Scandinavia that practiced head binding techniques. This is documented by various classical authors (some of whom were quite open to a bit of hyperbole but otherwise accurate).

The storm thing was tongue in cheek but at the same time perfectly plausable. Simply check ocean currents, both past and present (Woods Hole have various papers on this but they are behind pay walls for those interested). Long story short though, if you were blown to West Coast USA the currents take you south until the Gulf of Mexico, where you can continue to go south or you can choose to enter the Gulf. This is more enhanced at certain times of the year.

Crossing East to West would have been problematic in terms of the Andes but not in terms of the Amazon rainforests because the paleo geologic evidence shows that the Amazon wasn't a large rain forest then - it was grassland.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: Marduk

Hey Marduk,

Why mention human? I never claimed alien -.

My first comment was to you, the second was to the rest

edit on 20-3-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I think the Japanese have a similar tradition, that the original inhabitants of the island were caucasian, I believe they were called the Jomon people.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As fascinating as DNA studies are, it is well worth remembering that the use of this kind of data in research into prehistory is still pretty young. One could almost say it is in its infancy. Caution should then perhaps be the watchword.

Another point is that while the current distribution of a certain haplogroup might say something about where they can be found now, it does not necessarily say much about where they started from. Remember that these haplogroups are estimated to be very old (more than 10000 years old, or more in some cases), so there is literally thousands of years where populations might spread and intermingle.

You can easily find more on the age estimates in various sources on the internet. I realize I should probably should provide some links, but just google the various haplogroups in question and you will get a good starting point.

Be aware that there is also much rampant speculation, so review your sources with a critical eye :-)

BT
edit on 20-3-2017 by beetee because: Typo

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Could it be an attempt to get us closer to believing this 'untouchable' evidence where the development/origins of mankind is concerned?

I think it's more likely that it's an attempt to promote a racist agenda.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian
Brian Foerster is not even a real archaeologist!! He's apparently an undergraduate in biology! He is a fraud who sells "paranormal" tours to gullible tourists! Im not sure how he is taken seriously whatsoever when he fabricates hands and believes that DNA can be used as a dating mechanism! Preposterous!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I would take everything regarding Brian Foerster with a big grain of salt..
just take a look at his prices for his inca tours at his site ..lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me the name of the scientist who performed the DNA tests ?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This could tie in with the theory of a lost Pacific continent "Mu" which was inhabited by all four races commonly found today. After it's destruction remnants of population fled to Easter Island and along the South American coastline, Peru. I've read somewhere before that they found dna and bones of African-race humans along South American coastline. The Hopi Native American tribe and native Americans, one of the original human races, is another remnant of the Mu inhabitants.

Of course this reply is loaded with all kinds of new theories to argue and prove (an ancient continent in Pacific ocean, planet X, ancient aliens) but I'm just noting that this discovery of skulls with European dna traits may be explained by the lost continent theory. The lost continent theory argues for the earliest human civilization on the planet.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Area201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Awesome !

even tho Ive mention the Discovery months ago

as Brien Had texted to me what he had found out

there is still alot of unanswered questions

the slight bone structure differences then a Common Human Sapiens
the Elongated Skull Vertical , the wide Jaw bone , Eye Sockets , Skull thickness
on the NON BINDED Skulls ,

as he told me well texted me there Completely Human but they have
unidentified strain Traits in them that is not in Homo Sapiens ,
they are possibility mutated.

There are parts of Europe having similar Vertical Elongated Skulls

From France , Germany and OMSK Russia , from 1st or 2nd century A.D. to 3,000 years

but from i was told One is could of been be from Syria , and the other Siberia Russia .

as it makes sense as there are Skulls like what is in South America and in OMSK Russia .

Well The Arctic Circle belt Comes to Mind .

as well, as Ancient trade Routes like
Egyptians got as far as Indonesian Islands as they traded with INIDA

perhaps they went further .

as Similarity's of Egypt, Sumerian aka Ancient Middle eastern , with Mayan to Incas
architecture and artwork

Shows , The problem is there is large 1,000 year gap

and the Amazing Site of Puma Punku supposedly made by primitive Natives of Peru
close by where most of the The Peruvian Skulls were found.

a Must see

Elongated Skulls around ASIA .. Russia
www.soul-guidance.com...

kinda similar ,

if interested

here is the Site " Lots of Pictures "

Elongated Skulls from Ancient races on Earth
www.soul-guidance.com...

edit on 12017MondayfAmerica/Chicago378 by Wolfenz because: add a site

edit on 12017MondayfAmerica/Chicago378 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Brian Foerster is not even a real archaeologist!! He's apparently an undergraduate in biology! He is a fraud who sells "paranormal" tours to gullible tourists! Im not sure how he is taken seriously whatsoever when he fabricates hands and believes that DNA can be used as a dating mechanism! Preposterous!

You make him sound like Bill Nye "The Science Guy". LOL

Seems some of the stronger factors governing Science these days are name recognition and who says what first.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Area201
This could tie in with the theory of a lost Pacific continent "Mu" which was inhabited by all four races commonly found today. After it's destruction remnants of population fled to Easter Island and along the South American coastline, Peru. I've read somewhere before that they found dna and bones of African-race humans along South American coastline. The Hopi Native American tribe and native Americans, one of the original human races, is another remnant of the Mu inhabitants.

Of course this reply is loaded with all kinds of new theories to argue and prove (an ancient continent in Pacific ocean, planet X, ancient aliens) but I'm just noting that this discovery of skulls with European dna traits may be explained by the lost continent theory. The lost continent theory argues for the earliest human civilization on the planet.

I bolded the phrase in the first paragraph. There is no such thing as four races but a constantly evolving mix of dna strands that give expression to characteristics in individuals including skin tone etc.

In general regarding this thread, can anyone give further scientific evidence that documents work on the dna of the skulls and can anyone tell of any other cases of the haplogroups discussed being found in the Americas or the Pacific region? I would be interested in follow-up information on either area.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Rewrite the gawd damn totally in error
History books will ya. They're an unpleasant
fiction.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I wonder a little bit about this 'news'. These days I wonder about everything and take it all with a grain of salt.

Could it be an attempt to get us closer to believing this 'untouchable' evidence where the development/origins of mankind is concerned?

You mean like Adam and Eve were "European", i.e., white?

Lol. Just like in all the pictures in Bible Story books...

Image search

To the thread: So the elongated skulls were human after all.
edit on 20-3-2017 by intrptr because: space

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Rewrite the gawd damn totally in error
History books will ya. They're an unpleasant
fiction.

Read_My_Signature /

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

...that would imply a species of man predating current man? and that they tried to modify themselves to mimic these people(gods?)

Curious post, just speculation on my part.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Does any one know what the cranial volume was? Even though there is head binding it will not change the volume. These skulls look to have more than the1300 to 1500cc capacity. Neanderthal man had a 1700cc capacity. These look to be larger but maybe I am wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join