It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Centrism is the only REAL hope this country has.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

If you think current immigration policy is radical then I'd be more interested in hearing what you think the middle ground is. As I said earlier in the thread, Obama was/is a moderate. If you don't believe me, then I just have to point out Bernie Sanders' popularity to you. Obama's biggest criticisms among the left is that he wasn't far left enough.

So with that said, you should know what my version of centrist immigration policy is. Now it's your turn. You define centrist immigration policy to me. Closing the borders down and kicking all illegals regardless if they committed any other crimes or not isn't centrist policy. That is squarely in the conservative camp.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No one said anything didn't exist other than rightists and leftists saying the center "doesn't exist," which is absolutely absurd.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Following the law is centrist policy, remove law breakers. Legal immigration and trade is still open, no border is being closed.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Simple. Legalize those who are already here. You're not going to round up 12+ million people and send back. It's not going to happen. Then do whatever you have to to make it less likely for more of them to illegally enter the country.
See, that's the problem with the left/right paradigm. Both sides, due to their refusal of compromise, make politics seem like rocket science. It's not even close.
edit on 20-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Additions

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
But you can punish a jounlist for publishing there own opinion or articles. That is censoring free speech.
If you want to stop fake new you just need to stop buying it!

Yeah, hows that working out that theory?

They're every bit as complicit in all of the blood and guts. It's their role in the Two Party + MSM System to sell it, to keep us in it, and keep us all within a safe margin of being content with it all. They've deliberately kept our peoples completely ignorant to the very nature of what our society is. Unlike the UK, we don't have a long brutal history of being imperialists in the same way as the British national psyche romanticizes days past of the likes of the East India Trade Company. SO they gotta keep us stooopid to what we are, they gotta keep us distracted with bread & circuses. Something like a billion gallons of blood has spilled in the past couple decades now, but nope gotta protect the freedom of speech of MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS.

edit on 20-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

No one said anything didn't exist other than rightists and leftists saying the center "doesn't exist," which is absolutely absurd.

I agree. Compromise becoming a dirty word is one of the biggest travesties of the modern era...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: crazyewok
But you can punish a jounlist for publishing there own opinion or articles. That is censoring free speech.
If you want to stop fake new you just need to stop buying it!

but nope gotta protect the freedom of speech of MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS.

And who are MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS made up of?

PEOPLE

And as people they have fundamental rights to freedom of speech! Its your first dammed part of the constitution!

How would you punish the media without breaching a persons freedom of speech? Because any person you punish you will be breaking there right?

Who would you have decide what news is correct and what news to publish? The government? Donald trump? Who gets to decide what is appropriate?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I guess that's really the whole point. I know I have been making "radical" seem like an appropriate term for myself, lol, but that seems to be the only thing anyone understands. Radicalism.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Following the law is centrist policy, remove law breakers. Legal immigration and trade is still open, no border is being closed.

Following the law isn't partisan in the slightest. It just is. And besides, laws could be front loaded on the conservative or liberal side (if one partisan side likes passing more bills than the other than simply following the law will give a partisan slant). For two, centrist policy isn't set in stone policy either. Centrist policy is the policy that lies in the direct center of modern liberal and modern conservative beliefs. Without strawmen defining the other sides' beliefs (in other words, you don't ask a conservative what the liberals' beliefs are to search for the middle ground).

This is how the DREAMers act came about. Obama wanted to continue to expel the troublemakers from the country, but at the same time didn't want to waste much time on those just trying to live their lives and support their families. So he comes up with a middle ground idea to de-prioritize certain segments of illegals and shift resources to target the gang bangers and cartel members. Another example of this was Obamacare. If the liberals had gotten what they wanted, we'd have truly had socialized healthcare. The whole individual mandate and forced buying of insurance was a Republican compromise.

In order to label yourself as a centrist, you actually have to have compassion for some liberal ideals. No offense, but you don't seem like you have compassion for any liberal ideals, so I hesitate to accept your definition of what a centrist is.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I feel you on that. Sometimes it seems like the only thing people listen to is sensationalized content, even if it doesn't make sense logically (radical centrism is contradictory).

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Removal is not a centrist position. You're not going to remove 12+million individuals. It's not going to happen. They're here. The centrist answer would be to legalize those here, make them pay taxes, et cetera, and develop ways to make illegal immigration less likely in the future. Whether that means walls, troops on our borders, nation restructuring, as in aiding neighbors in making their country more liveable or whatever.
edit on 20-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Additions

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Gee I dont know. Since multinational corporations involve humans hey we'll give and all of the humans within them blanket immunity for any and all maljournalism they ever have or ever will perpetrate. 400,000 dead in Syria and you told us it was Russia's fault when it was the CIA's, no sweat telll us some more lies woohoo!

Great plan!

If you think my war with the Corporate MSM began with Trump then you clearly have no clue anything about me.
edit on 20-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

"Radical" Centrism is a term that was coined by the right AND left for people who refuse to move in the definitive direction of right or left. Certain centrist groups have embraced the title. Some refer to it as "extreme" centrism.
edit on 20-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In other words, a political buzzword that only exists because of partisan politics.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Guess we ought to take that as proof that left/right divide/conquer partisanship is the only way for Planet Earth?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

In a sense, while there is certainly a center, there's no real way for it to be "radical" or "extreme;" the term "Radical" center was basically a political "buzz word" or, in all honesty derogatory term, formed by the right and left.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Guess we ought to take that as proof that left/right divide/conquer partisanship is the only way for Planet Earth?

I don't think that's what he means. I think he's trying to figure out how "radical" and "extreme" got attached to it.
edit on 20-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Correction

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you are taking my opinions as proof of anything then you have failed at reading comprehension.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

In a sense, while there is certainly a center, there's no real way for it to be "radical" or "extreme;" the term "Radical" center was basically a political "buzz word" or, in all honesty derogatory term, formed by the right and left.

Exactly. It's a simple process of sensationalizing a term, Centrist in this case, to sound more dire than it really is. Adding the radical or extreme part is just useless word filler to up your word count. The phrase itself is meaningless since the two words contradict each other.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I was just being a needle. We're BFF's!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join