It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Centrism is the only REAL hope this country has.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: imwilliam

Who said anything about not respecting Jesus? "Tarzan" wants to interject theology into a political discussion. Personally I don't take kindly to it. If that "offends," sorry bout dat. Those who are easily offended should be offended more often by a great number of other things.

Putting "Tarzan" in quotes is ridiculous. I'm real. Look me up.

I have many conservative views and a few liberal views. But I believe if someone does not eventually gather enough information to tilt the scales in one direction or another, you're not gathering information actively.

I forgive you for assuming my quote was less than a statement designed to provoke thought and not simply emotion.

I have been in the middle my whole life, have never been able to gather enough information to tilt me one way or the other. I have voted republican and democrat and independent. You come along and claim I am less than you because I don't pick a side? Sorry ass way of thinking.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Who said anything about not respecting Jesus? "Tarzan" wants to interject theology into a political discussion. Personally I don't take kindly to it. If that "offends," sorry bout dat. Those who are easily offended should be offended more often by a great number of other things.

I have many conservative views and a few liberal views. But I believe if someone does not eventually gather enough information to tilt the scales in one direction or another, you're not gathering information actively.

I forgive you for assuming my quote was less than a statement designed to provoke thought and not simply emotion.

I have been in the middle my whole life, have never been able to gather enough information to tilt me one way or the other. I have voted republican and democrat and independent. You come along and claim I am less than you because I don't pick a side? Sorry ass way of thinking.

I never claimed you were less than me. The OP was calling for extreme centrists. My argument is that there is no such thing. Did you consider what I said?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I never claimed you were less than me. The OP was calling for extreme centrists. My argument is that there is no such thing. Did you consider what I said?

I did consider what you said, and peruse about 30 news sources a day, and have for a very long time. I have some very strong views on many issues, some that the right or left do not address, or at least not to my satisfaction. For you to come here and claim that no one can be in the center, is a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

No, "Radical Centrism" is a term that was coined by rightists and leftists and there have been centrist groups who have embraced the title, but in reality, that's all it is, a title. There isn't actually a "radical" or "extreme" center. Although, some might argue I am "evidence" to the contrary.. Lol.. I guess pragmatic would be a better identifier, but the group decided, I suppose, to use the term coined by the right and left.
edit on 20-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"Clowns to the Left of me
Jokers to the Right
Here I Am
Stuck in the middle with you..."

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No, "Radical Centrism" is a term that was coined by rightists and leftists and there have been centrist groups who have embraced the title, but in reality, that's all it is, a title. There isn't actually a "radical" or "extreme" center. Although, some might argue I am "evidence" to the contrary.. Lol.. I guess pragmatic would be a better identifier, but the group decided, I suppose, to use the term coined by the right and left.

My thought is, most of us in the middle are busy, working, paying bills, raising families. We speak with our vote, but you are probably not going to find us out protesting stuff.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I've defended that very issue in many other threads. Not everyone has the time to go full retard, so to speak.

I think you're not actually considering my words, but only responding to them.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with having views typically associated with either side. I just think it's unwise to be the turkey in the middle of a November war.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with having views typically associated with either side. I just think it's unwise to be the turkey in the middle of a November war.

so there is only right and left for you, I think the right and left will both be surprised with the monster in the middle when it is invoked.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am pro choice and pro gun, which side should I align with?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Many of us in the middle are armed and trained military veterans. I did 7 years, many have just done 4, we are trying to live, raise our families, pay our bills, and survive. There is a whole lot of folks in this lot, that do not support the current American government.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

An unfortunate fact is that many who are on the right and left are one issue voters, so they don't have that dilemma. Which to me, there's nothing, and I mean nothing, worse than a one issue voters. There are a lot of them. I mean they base their whole ballot on one, maybe two issues at most.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

An unfortunate fact is that many who are on the right and left are one issue voters, so they don't have that dilemma. Which to me, there's nothing, and I mean nothing, worse than a one issue voters. There are a lot of them. I mean they base their whole ballot on one, maybe two issues at most.

I will agree with you, but what scares me more, are those that think compromise is a 4 letter word. While I am pro gun and pro choice, there are certain limits I would agree to on both.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Am off to bed, but three or four years ago, some guy started the First Church of the Canabis, the first tenant of their faith was "Don't be a dick". I am not a religious person, but that one has stuck with me.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Many of us in the middle are armed and trained military veterans. I did 7 years, many have just done 4, we are trying to live, raise our families, pay our bills, and survive. There is a whole lot of folks in this lot, that do not support the current American government.

I will not demean your service.

But there are many who have served as you have that do not possess your ideas. Therefore, I must say that your service does not give you leverage.

If you have ever harmed another creature and you're still for abortion, I will never relate to you. If someone is ignorant of harm, that's one thing.

Also, you should get your head back on straight. You fought to make sure we speak. Therefore, it is incumbent upon you to respect that speech. If you do not, then you admit you have fought for a different cause.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I am pro choice and pro gun, which side should I align with?

You just made a few members commit suicide I think.

I'm pro choice, pro gun. I'm anti Islam and I believe the environment is more important than the economy. (Im anti Islam because I'm anti intolerance and there is NOTHING more intolerant than that hateful ideology). I believe in freedom of speech and I think the press should be held accountable for its fake news reporting. I'm pro life and I think the human population is faaaaar too high. I believe in diversity but not FORCED diversity. Pro welfare but I'm anti-welfare leech. i think CNN is, and has always been, a joke for those with a very low IQ to get their 'news' from and I think the same about fox.

Am I left or right? No such thing, I just think about stuff and form my OWN opinion.

I think President Trump has many flaws but a step away from establishment is a step in the right direction. I think Hilary Clinton is the most disgusting individual who has run for office in any country and any time period, ever. The fact that she was even considered is one of the most disturbing things I can think of. So I'm not so much pro-trump as very anti-disgustingly corrupt Hilary.

I also LOVE this extreme me-vs-you that the left is creating with the right and I certainly hope it leads to extreme change within the zeitgeist .

Fun times

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

A fine example of an individual. I'll never respect abortion, but at least you have a clear sight of your targets.

As long as America has that, we'll be okay. Doubt it, though.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You still havent told me:

You you plan to wage this war on the media without breaking the 2nd amendment?

Who will be responsible for deciding what news is acceptable?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

How about 'the people'?

Example: when President Trump says "I support immigration but NOT illegal immigration' but the media starts the story by saying 'president Trump's racist remarks against immigrants', why don't the people say "immigrant is NOT a race and President Trump is only against ILLEGAL immigration'?

Or when President Trump says "the illegal Mexican immigrants that are coming here are drug dealers and rapists" and the media says "Trump calls all Mexicans rapists", why don't YOU say " that's not what he said AT ALL!!"?

It's YOU who should hold them to account

Milo is NOT a bigot or a racist, President Trump is NOT anti Muslim. It's only the media lies that make the thick people believe those things.
The same can be said about the other side of the coin too, the media puts their spin on FIRST and so the public just blindly follow.

To me though, and I've done a LOT of TRYING to see the 'good' or 'moderate' side of Islam, Islam is faaaaaaaar worse than nazism. so saying someone IS anti-Muslim always puts them in a positive light for me. And before any lib screams 'bigot' I'm VERY anti nazi and anti kkk as well. All three of them are hateful and intolerant and so deserve to be openly ridiculed. ALL THREE

edit on 21 2 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

That's the rub isn't it? Again, that's a huge part of the problem. Both sides are to the extreme and they want everything 100% their way. As I said, it's not going to fly. They, both sides, have two options.
1. Compromise and find solutions that is palatable to the largest percent.

2. Prepare for civil conflict.

I can tell you which one we're headed towards and those who argue otherwise aren't even living in this universe much less this planet. It's inevitable what we're headed towards.

In the meantime, the right and left continue to hurtle their snarky comments towards the center. It's all coming to a boiling point and it's a recipe for the "perfect storm."
edit on 21-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join