It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Handler insulted Melania Trump and its backfiring

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I took it to mean that Melania wouldn't have anything interesting to say on a talk show. Melania does come off as airheaded.

Nothing interesting to say on a talk show?
The new FLOTUS?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Chelsea is a c-list celebrity who without a camera in her face gets no paycheck. Controversy and conflict out of the mouth of Handler spells Cha- Ching.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Chelsea is a c-list celebrity who without a camera in her face gets no paycheck. Controversy and conflict out of the mouth of Handler spells Cha- Ching.

She's a stand up comedian.

You know, live shows. Camera optional

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The reason Chelsea Handler said that is quite simple - she is intimidated by the hotness and intelligence of the First Lady, so, . . .

Chelsea intimidated?

LOL LOL LOL LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
One of the lessons I've learned in this life: Everyone had something important for you to hear. You'll never know what that was if you didn't have the patience to 'listen'.

I was immensely successful in my last job ... way more successful than any of my peers, because it's rude to dismiss someone who struggles to communicate with you in YOUR language. Once you 'win these people over' they are a persistent force that bolsters you ... as you increase their relevance in day-to-day affairs.

Deaf people ... same category.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

As far as I know she's got a show on Netflix and isn't on tour right now so no, I'd say she needs the cameras.

Cameras and twitter, rather.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As far as I know she's got a show on Netflix and isn't on tour right now so no, I'd say she needs the cameras.

Cameras and twitter, rather.

Which would you choose? Your own TV show or Stand Up tour?

She's a stand up comedian whether on tour or not.

I followed her years ago.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

K well when you have a tv show you need cameras right? Whether you're also a comedian or not is pretty immaterial to that.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The reason Chelsea Handler said that is quite simple - she is intimidated by the hotness and intelligence of the First Lady, so, . . .

Chelsea intimidated?

Totally, she knows that she cannot measure up to Melania in any category related to being a female.....so best send out a dog whistle to the Trump haters by way of a subtle dig at Melanias intelligence.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why can't she just be partisan?

Seems like the most obvious reason.

(post by burgerbuddy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Watching Trump sexually harass his daughter was equal to the sexual harassment of every woman watching. Yes, women have the right to call out sexual harassment when they see it, whether or not the victim is aware of their rights or not.

Grabbing a woman's [SNIP] without consent is sexual harassment/assault, whether the woman being assaulted feels guilty or thinks "she asked for it, or not!. It's NEVER OKAY! Normalizing and/or ignoring that kind of behavior potentially traumatizes all women!

Yes, we all have the right to call out sexual harassment when we see it, in fact we have a duty. We don't walk by someone being sexually assaulted, thinking, "meh, maybe she's okay with it!"

Then why are there no weekly protests about the TSA?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Your language and thought processes seem to match Chelsea's perfectly.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Chelsea intimidated?

Totally, she knows that she cannot measure up to Melania in any category related to being a female.....so best send out a dog whistle to the Trump haters by way of a subtle dig at Melanias intelligence.

I find that ridiculous and probably a man's point of view. Why would I be jealous of Melania? I can't think of one reason.

Measure up? Measure up to what? Chelsea is an independent, financially successful comedian and author. And she doesn't have to kowtow to any Narcissistic male.

I wouldn't be in Melania's shoes for anything.

I don't hate Trump. I think he's a fascinating character. I've read his books (even if he didn't write them).

However, I do not support him in the position of president.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Annee

K well when you have a tv show you need cameras right? Whether you're also a comedian or not is pretty immaterial to that.

That's a pretty weak argument.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Conservative says it = racism. Liberal says it = ???

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Melania's silence while Trump was trashing women along the campaign trail, including sexually harassing his own daughter in public several times and then saying that women who are sexually harassed in the work place should look for another career, makes her an "enabler". That's one reason she may be shunned by feminist like Chelsea Handler.

. Pfft ... sexually harrased his daughter because he kissed her on the cheek ? When does this ridiculousness end 🙄
edit on 25-1-2017 by Sheye because: Are you actually reading my reason for edit 🤔...(waves)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
One of the lessons I've learned in this life: Everyone had something important for you to hear. You'll never know what that was if you didn't have the patience to 'listen'.

I was immensely successful in my last job ... way more successful than any of my peers, because it's rude to dismiss someone who struggles to communicate with you in YOUR language. Once you 'win these people over' they are a persistent force that bolsters you ... as you increase their relevance in day-to-day affairs.

Deaf people ... same category.
. By far the most inspiring post I've read today.. Wish I could give you 100 stars for it. Beautifully said!!👍🏼
edit on 25-1-2017 by Sheye because: (Sighs) typos.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

There are rare occasions where I find the need to expose my tender underbelly to ATS.

Thanks for your reply. It means a lot.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Chelsea intimidated?

I find that ridiculous and probably a man's point of view. Why would I be jealous of Melania? I can't think of one reason.

Measure up? Measure up to what? Chelsea is an independent, financially successful comedian and author. And she doesn't have to kowtow to any Narcissistic male.

I wouldn't be in Melania's shoes for anything.

I don't hate Trump. I think he's a fascinating character. I've read his books (even if he didn't write them).

However, I do not support him in the position of president.

It's been my experience...that when a woman says "I'm not jealous of that woman"...She's jealous.

Amiright, guys?...(you KNOW I am)

edit on 25-1-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join