It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of people who oppose freedom (i.e. SJWs).

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Does the report say anything about the psychology of those who feel the need to label their ideologic opposition with unflattering buzz words and to paint them with absurd generalizations?

Its called "speaking the truth" . And from the latest happenings , something the left has a problem with..

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

The irony ouroboros here is so profound and the complete and total lack of self awareness so thorough that it's like watching the manifestation of a god. I mean bravo. I am in awe.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, talking to people who refuse to consider facts, or any outside opinions, is exactly why so many are exhausted with the vast majority of self proclaimed "SJWs" as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Yeah, I can only conclude that the main reason the far-left and far-right "hate" each other so much is that they mirror in each other the very things they dislike about themselves (but aren't honest enough to admit).

In fact, I think the notion of "the far left wanting to curtail free speech" has been brought up in this very thread as if that is somehow only something a "lefty" would want. It's amazing how 8 years of Obama have completely erased the memory of Bush's "Free Speech Zones" where you're free to say what you want as long as no one can see or hear you.

"but... but... but da right would neeeeever want to curtail free speech!"

Face it, folks, both parties would happily use legislation to silence their opponents.

edit on 1/16/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Well maybe if you didn't go around assuming half of my conversation... But it sounds like you got your SJW bogeyman in your head already. Nothing I'll say (an actual SJW) will probably change that opinion. Of course. Why would it? Conservative news and Youtube is CLEARLY the definitive source on all goings on liberal.

Heh. And you wonder why we refuse to listen to you guys.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What about the psychology of people wanting protesters to shut up and take it now that Trump is going to be president after years of saying Obama isnt a legitimate president?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Are you mad that Americans are exercising their First Amendment right in a way that you don't like? So what if the protest doesn't accomplish anything, but it's pretty damn un-American to tell them to shut up and take it just because you won. In America it is American to protest. Or have you forgotten? How about you sit back and just deal with it?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"Conservative news and Youtube"... LOL

Oh man, and you've got the gumption to claim that I'm the one assuming. LOL

But no, feel free to play the eternal SJW "victim card" and claim someone is "assuming half of your conversation".

Personally, I couldn't care less that you refuse to listen to people who might disagree with you. Even when you're lumping people into imaginary categories of "you guys" (which apparently has something to do with... "conservative news"! again... LOL).

It's clear that you didn't comprehend my posts in this thread (or that you haven't even bothered reading them), or you wouldn't have made such a hilarious "conservative news" claim.

As I said earlier, it's ironic how much the far left and far right have in common. Your George W. Bush false-dilemma mentality of, "you're either with us, or against us" has at least been good for a laugh. Thanks!

Sorry to break it to ya, but there's plenty of folks like me who think that both the left, and the right are highly flawed. Especially when it comes to the two corrupt major political parties.

Heck, you're even arguing with Pyle! Asking if Pyle's "mad", and suggesting that Pyle just "sit back and deal with it" when clearly Pyle's post was worded in a left leaning manner by questioning the psychology of Trump supporters. LOL
edit on 1/16/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

"Conservative news and Youtube"... LOL

Oh man, and you've got the gumption to claim that I'm the one assuming. LOL

But no, feel free to play the eternal SJW "victim card" and claim someone is "assuming half of your conversation".

Personally, I couldn't care less that you refuse to listen to people who might disagree with you. Even when you're lumping people into imaginary categories of "you guys" (which apparently has something to do with... "conservative news"! again... LOL).

It's clear that you didn't comprehend my posts in this thread (or that you haven't even bothered reading them), or you wouldn't have made such a hilarious "conservative news" claim.

As I said earlier, it's ironic how much the far left and far right have in common. Your George W. Bush false-dilemma mentality of, "you're either with us, or against us" has at least been good for a laugh. Thanks!

Sorry to break it to ya, but there's plenty of folks like me who think that both the left, and the right are highly flawed. Especially when it comes to the two corrupt major political parties.

Heck, you're even arguing with Pyle! Asking if Pyle's "mad", and suggesting that Pyle just "sit back and deal with it" when clearly Pyle's post was worded in a left leaning manner by questioning the psychology of Trump supporters. LOL

Well said Redmage.
Most people would not even notice them or what they do and could care less.
But if you don't care or notice them they want to tell you why you should.
They can't stand the fact that to you they mean nothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

edit on 432017MondaypmMon, 16 Jan 2017 20:03:43 -06008America/Chicago162017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Straw men sure are easy to knock down.
Can you tell me what number I'm thinking of?

(post by stealthyaroura removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
SJWs are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the civilized world.
Other than that.. NO ONE CARES. We have more important things to deal with than who your posse decides who DESERVES gang stalking and gang harassment this week. I tend to avoid so far as to walk on the other side of the road people who shout slogans or bible quotes. Its about the same sort of insane behavior.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: edward777
Many people who encounter leftists, particularly social justice warriors, become highly frustrated with their inability to address any debate in a mature and sensible manner. They immediately resort to verbal insults (racist is one of their favorite words) and, if given the chance, they will find a way to use the system to silence you. They are today's authoritarians. However, there is a psychological reason for them to behave the way they do. Hint: It has to do with their own insecurities and self-doubts.

Wow, what a projection and deflection attempt.

People who voted for Trump and other Republicans (so-called 'conservatives') are the ones who crave authoritarianism.

Thus, authoritarians generally favor the established ways and oppose social and political change.

Wikipedia

Isn't that what makes a conservative a "conservative"?

Conservatism as a political and social philosophy promotes retaining traditional social institutions in the context of culture and civilization.

Wikipedia

But instead here, you've projected what is a traditional conservative trait onto someone you don't like, accusing them of the very things you are guilty of. That's called projection.

Projection is the psychological phenomenon where someone denies some aspect of their behavior or attitudes and assumes instead that others are doing or thinking so. It is usually seen as the externalisation of a person's negative traits, placing blame on an outside force such as the environment, a government, a society or other people.

link

Nice try, Trump does it compulsively, and his tactics appear to be spreading. You can always identify what Trump and others using projection are guilty of -- just look at what they accuse others of.

It's like when your cheating spouse or girlfriend accuses YOU of cheating all the time ... but in reality she's the guilty party.

How many of us have seen THAT happen?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It begins with THEY ARE IGNORANT KIDS, they have been taken advantage of by their school and try to fit in with liberal hate groups because you don't need to know anything but hate and hypocrisy....perfect example is,,trump says nasty stuff in private and it was recorded, its not like he said it in front of kids,,but the media splayed it in front of kids, Hillary said it in her commercials in front of kids and a protestor had it on a sign in front of kids.......wtf , they are actually worse, he said it to an adult, they exposed how many kids to that

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: edward777
Many people who encounter leftists, particularly social justice warriors, become highly frustrated with their inability to address any debate in a mature and sensible manner. They immediately resort to verbal insults (racist is one of their favorite words) and, if given the chance, they will find a way to use the system to silence you. They are today's authoritarians. However, there is a psychological reason for them to behave the way they do. Hint: It has to do with their own insecurities and self-doubts.

Wow, what a projection and deflection attempt.

People who voted for Trump and other Republicans (so-called 'conservatives') are the ones who crave authoritarianism.

Thus, authoritarians generally favor the established ways and oppose social and political change.

Wikipedia

Isn't that what makes a conservative a "conservative"?

Conservatism as a political and social philosophy promotes retaining traditional social institutions in the context of culture and civilization.

Wikipedia

But instead here, you've projected what is a traditional conservative trait onto someone you don't like, accusing them of the very things you are guilty of. That's called projection.

Projection is the psychological phenomenon where someone denies some aspect of their behavior or attitudes and assumes instead that others are doing or thinking so. It is usually seen as the externalisation of a person's negative traits, placing blame on an outside force such as the environment, a government, a society or other people.

link

Nice try, Trump does it compulsively, and his tactics appear to be spreading. You can always identify what Trump and others using projection are guilty of -- just look at what they accuse others of.

It's like when your cheating spouse or girlfriend accuses YOU of cheating all the time ... but in reality she's the guilty party.

Excellent post, but the right doesn't believe in psychology bro; it's all liberal 'brain washing' lmao

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
For goodness sake, I keep having to look up the latest smears on each post - this time had to see what a SJW is... and the whole "triggered" over usage is starting to "trigger" me - can't you people use a little creativity in your personal smears and insults????

The left has nothing over the right, in this area. At least not from what we can see on this site. From snowflakes to libtards, the right has more than enough mudslinging going on from their corner to keep the two sides at a tie.

I am not discussing complaining or the like. More power to anyone who engages in discourse one way or another. What I do notice is that while right wingers may call a left winger an idiot the left winger seeks to make it illegal for anyone to call him an idiot.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

That must really suck. I hope you were able to move on and not let this ruin your desire for a relationship in the future.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Of course some on the left take it a bit further than others.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Of course it always devolves into feminist bashing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join