It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of people who oppose freedom (i.e. SJWs).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777
If a man doesn't work he shouldn't eat is the rights/conservative/republican position-
love it or leave it is another stance- Hes not one of us lets get him.

Welcome to ThugNation USA---whether you are mexican black white jew christian muslim pagan or atheist---everyone's a thug and bully

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This was extremely thought provoking. Thank you for sharing it. I really like his whole take on many of the topics discussed. Also I just realized how against authoritarianism I am. I mean I knew I was, but this just really hit home for me and made me do a little introspective analysis.

I am spiritual, and the 10 commandments are just good moral rules; but I have never been able to get behind organized religion. The main reason being I don't like being told what to do (heh). I don't understand people who want to be controlled.

The premise behind his possible up coming book sounds fascinating and I'm now going to wander off a find his other works.

But no way in hell would you hear me sounding like that girl he was talking about!

Again, thank you. Was really nice to listen to with my morning coffee.

edit on 16-1-2017 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There is no better way to affirm your group allegiances than by engaging in "social justice". Plain ol' justice just wasn't good enough for them, for it would require seeking justice for individuals, not groups, which could also mean one might have to fight against injustice for members of groups one doesn't align with.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Do democrats try to tell you who you can marry, or force you to have children against your will, or make you sign agreements to never say anything bad about your employer like Trump does??

No, Democrats don't do those things. They just take all your money, and make you use what little you have left to buy crappy overpriced insurance that you neither want or need. Then they label any opposing opinion as "hate speech".

Yep. Democrats are way better.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Don't be silly. If Dems actually "took all your money", then you wouldn't have any left to "buy crappy overpriced insurance that you neither want or need". You'd get the crappy insurance for free!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yet no one declared what freedom meant for themselves? What one might see ass tyranny and oppression could be freedom for those who listens to their common sense.. But in society we all have to learn to live with the next door neighbor

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Necrobile

Too bad it doesn't and this conversation has been done to death.

Then don't engage in them...
I however feel it's important to keep this dialogue open so we can try and reverse this.

I noticed about 10 years ago the majority of my friends returning from college had this weird sense of white guilt, would virtue signal non stop, and had a desire to constantly instigate conflict over the smallest little infraction. Rather than simply confront someone about an issue they will try and create sides among friends. When there is none.

That apparently is one of their biggest MO's of SJW's is class division. I see it every day in real life and here at ATS as well. It's "this group" against "that group" rather than "this individual" did "this". A collective hive mind mentality and the only way this could have happened is with tools like Facebook, twitter, and a liberal driven education system where 40% of the class receives A's where the world average for academic excellence is like 12%. You honestly we think we are that smart? Or perhaps we give out good grades for being part of the collective?

It's hashtag this and tweet that all damn day. These tools allow the sharing of good and bad information and ideals. SJW's seem very entrenched in these worlds ready to destroy the cyber/real life credibility of anyone they deem as an enemy to their movement. It's class warfare pure and simple and they have lost! They gambled with the ideals and culture of this nation and this is the result. A Trump presidency and the individuals that have been attacked and belittled for decades by this movement are tearing it down.

I warned all you ATS SJW's during the election that this was your own doing and you all continued to call me and the rest of the Trumpets racist, bigoted, simple minded individuals. Well... I won't say I told you so but I did repeatedly warn that this movement is on the wrong side of history and this kind of collective hive mind mentality is what breeds things like Nazis and authoritarianism. Only to be scoffed at. Can't say I have any sympathy for these individuals at this juncture. They were warned.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

True and its all pointless.

And I'm sick to death of it all. It goes.......nowhere.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
That apparently is one of their biggest MO's of SJW's is class division.

This part I've gotta disagree with. In fact, I think it's the exact opposite.

The SJW movement has been a clear distraction from the "class warfare" argument presented by events like the "Occupy Wall Street" movement.

SJWs are creating (and widening) divisions among the plebs so that everyday people are too busy bickering amongst themselves to bother refocusing on the "1%" who are running the show.

It seems like that is the probable reason why SJWs receive so much alleged support from Soros and his ilk. Keep the plebs busy bickering amongst themselves to prevent them from rising up together.
edit on 1/16/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'd find your words believable if you didn't just pretend to know what we think all the time. That's why these topics never go anywhere. It's just the right lecturing the left on how awful they are or laughing at the left using presumed strawmen while patting each other on the back. Heck you did it with your anecdote you just wrote me. Blaming the left for tribalism... That is what I'm talking about. There is never a pretense of dialog between you guys and us.

Lol at using the word "dialog" to describe these conversations too. You guys don't even realize how condescending and arrogant you come off with threads like this do you? If you desperately want to talk to us about tendencies like this, you need to work on the way you approach the conversation. Otherwise everything you are saying here will quickly be forgotten be me and others like me. I've already forgotten most of what you typed already since I couldn't care less about your angry anecdote towards liberals.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Necrobile

Too bad it doesn't and this conversation has been done to death.

Then don't engage in them...

I noticed about 10 years ago the majority of my friends returning from college had this weird sense of white guilt, would virtue signal non stop, and had a desire to constantly instigate conflict over the smallest little infraction. Rather than simply confront someone about an issue they will try and create sides among friends. When there is none.

That's a quality post.

I highlighted this part is it's extremely noticeable in everyday life. In my eyes a big part of it is the continued inability to think as an individual and debate as an individual. In the newer and younger generations there's less and less individuality as group think and really, the need to want to be accepted by a group has taken hold.

It's not longer about you the individual debating another individual on a topic but instead placing people in groups/classes, then framing it as you're either with us or against us.

Goes back to educational issues combined with technology. People about 25 or under grew up with technology in their hands which made everything a click or google search away, whereas people older remember a time without all the technology, and that allowed a superior development of logical and analytical abilities. We literally had to do a bunch of research to develop our opinions and thoughts, weigh all sides. That no longer happens. There's far more "conforming" nowadays.

Any college campus shows that. Critical and individual thought has been erased and replaced with emotional stances/groupings.
edit on 16-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

That apparently is one of their biggest MO's of SJW's is class division.

It seems like that is the probable reason why SJWs receive so much alleged support from Soros and his ilk. Keep the plebs busy bickering amongst themselves to prevent them from rising up together.

The fact so many SJW's are supported and funded by a guy like Soros shows how little they understand and have critically thought about how things work and instead, are too caught up in their feelings and emotions.

edit on 16-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Goes back to educational issues combined with technology. People about 25 or under grew up with technology in their hands which made everything a click or google search away, whereas people older remember a time without all the technology, and that allowed a superior development of logical and analytical abilities. We literally had to do a bunch of research to develop our opinions and thoughts, weigh all sides. That no longer happens. There's far more "conforming" nowadays.

Yup, it's largely educational and not just our advancing tech.

Bush's "No Child Left Behind" program held everyone back. Teaching children critical thinking skills was replaced by making sure kids could memorize answers to standardized tests so that schools could continue to receive funding.

We're just now starting to really feel the pains of a generation raised under Bush's No Child Left Behind system, and it's not pretty.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It's really not a cliche;
One has to learn how to love one's self before they can extend the same love to others...

Money and power are the next best thing(s)?

eta
I had to redact my query due to rereading op title.

edit on (1/16/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The people who fought for the freedom you now enjoy were SJWs, so shut that nonsense up please and find another term. I personally like Ctrl+Left. It is a nice play off the Alt-Right.

I'll give credit where its due; you nutty right wingers hit a home run with that comeback label.

Kudos.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
The people who fought for the freedom you now enjoy were SJWs, so shut that nonsense up please and find another term. I personally like Ctrl+Left. It is a nice play off the Alt-Right.

I'll give credit where its due; you nutty right wingers hit a home run with that comeback label.

Kudos.

How about last century traditionalists and the new century traditionalists?
We are in a new century now aren't we?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The people who fought for the freedom you now enjoy were SJWs

No, for the most part they really weren't.

Much the same way that 3rd wave feminists are nothing like the far more egalitarian 1st and 2nd waves of feminism.

The vast majority of the men and women who actually fought for "Democratic freedoms" aren't caught up in self-absorbed victim-complexes attempting to garner sympathy and primarily using shaming as a device to garner political support.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

The people who fought for the freedom you now enjoy were SJWs

No, for the most part they really weren't.

Much the same way that 3rd wave feminists are nothing like the far more egalitarian 1st and 2nd waves of feminism.

Actually, if you open up a history book you'd see that all the # said about "3rd wave feminists" was also leveled at the 1st and 2nd wave feminists. In fact this whole argument is just said to de-legitimize these people's concerns about women's treatment. I rarely see someone using this argument in conjunction with actually tearing down a feminist's arguing points. Just label them as out-of-control and out of touch with their predecessors and then you can continue to ignore them.

But that's just how I see things when I see arguments like yours. But what do I know? I'm just a SJW who wants to strip all your diversity away or whatever strawman is being said about people who want to spread tolerance these days.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you honestly believe that 3rd wave feminism is rooted in anything to do with "spreading tolerance", then you should be mindful of diabetes while chugging down all that sugary Kool-Aid, but that's a discussion for an entirely different thread. Feel free to start one!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

I'd rather not. Talking to the people who hate SJW's and refuse to consider any outside opinions on the matter is exhausting to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join