It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of people who oppose freedom (i.e. SJWs).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Many people who encounter leftists, particularly social justice warriors, become highly frustrated with their inability to address any debate in a mature and sensible manner. They immediately resort to verbal insults (racist is one of their favorite words) and, if given the chance, they will find a way to use the system to silence you. They are today's authoritarians. However, there is a psychological reason for them to behave the way they do. Hint: It has to do with their own insecurities and self-doubts.
edit on 16-1-2017 by edward777 because: Link double posted.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes, you may be on to something...see the 7 famous authoritarians at the link below. Your analysis fits some of them to a tee.

futureofworking.com...

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Does the report say anything about the psychology of those who feel the need to label their ideologic opposition with unflattering buzz words and to paint them with absurd generalizations?
edit on 16-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

There was a time when there wasn't much of a gray area when it came to freedom.

But when people start redefining definitions and trying to sell government authoritarianism as "freedom" (much like we see here) then you know that everyone is in deep trouble.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: edward777
Many people who encounter leftists, particularly social justice warriors, become highly frustrated with their inability to address any debate in a mature and sensible manner. They immediately resort to verbal insults (racist is one of their favorite words) and, if given the chance, they will find a way to use the system to silence you. They are today's authoritarians. However, there is a psychological reason for them to behave the way they do. Hint: It has to do with their own insecurities and self-doubts.

"When you don't give me my way it hurts my feelings! Now you know why I had mom replace you with another mommy..."

It is what it is man. You can't change people, and you damn sure can't fix stupid.

Not even with a hammer.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have never seen protests in my country about an election result thank God, what Ive seen on tv post America's election is a bunch of people that have gone full retard.Celebrities like Rosie O Donnell advocating martial law,CNN has become The Onion with Russian conspiracies and once again filled with people like Van Jones who'd be perfectly happy for a coup and the end of the Republic,you have race baiters and clowns like Sharpton-I mean is that guy on drugs,then you have an administration thats put through more legislation than it would take a decade in my country to pass in the last month including a ministry of truth and the DHS being put in charge of elections.I mean I wish Trump well but what a mess.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
You can't change people, and you damn sure can't fix stupid.

Not even with a hammer.

IME that might be dependent on 'what' hammer.

[/evil sounding laughter]

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

you mean racist, sexist, bigot?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

No, I'm pretty sure that isn't what or who he means.

oh and btw you forgot to use Libtard or snowflake, that gets you at least 15 stars lately.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

When I encounter people who use the term SJW like a negative I become highly frustrated with their inability to hold a unique opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Or anything else. Yes. Although no one has used those terms to label the opposition in this thread yet. I was responding specifically to the terms and generalizations used in the OP. But it's just as bad when either side does it, no matter what terms they use.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

When I encounter people who use the term SJW like a negative I become highly frustrated with their inability to hold a unique opinion.

Hey, if the shoe fits and all that jazz.....

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Too bad it doesn't and this conversation has been done to death.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: edward777
Many people who encounter leftists, particularly social justice warriors, become highly frustrated with their inability to address any debate in a mature and sensible manner.

Yes, it's quite ironic how, in the circle of the "political spectrum", the far left so closely resembles the far right in their authoritarian political beliefs and in their inability to address discourse in a mature and sensible manner.
edit on 1/16/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
IF you want to know about authoritarians you have to look no further than the GOP, or your local church.

Do democrats try to tell you who you can marry, or force you to have children against your will, or make you sign agreements to never say anything bad about your employer like Trump does??

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
For goodness sake, I keep having to look up the latest smears on each post - this time had to see what a SJW is... and the whole "triggered" over usage is starting to "trigger" me - can't you people use a little creativity in your personal smears and insults????

The left has nothing over the right, in this area. At least not from what we can see on this site. From snowflakes to libtards, the right has more than enough mudslinging going on from their corner to keep the two sides at a tie.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join