It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Who Will Sing National Anthem for Trump Sees Sales Go Through the Roof

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Martin75

He's got no one...Not Hollywood not Broadway. He's got wrinkled old generals that he's smarter than.
Gee wiz what else does he need.
He said I'm like a smart person.
Sure " like"
He's a person ill give him that but that is were the resemblance ends.
There's a reason anyone with intelligence is rejecting him.
And good for you for supporting him.

He actually doesn't need Hollywood.

I agree..But he is so painfully shallow and needy that he DESPERATELY needs celebrities to love him...alas he can only get the crazies like Kanye West and Chachie.

He was even offering Ambassadorships along with tons of money and still no A-Listers would play his inauguration.

Yeah because obama was such a deep personality, he made for a better stand up comedian then a president and you just know that all trump supporters are just jelly about sane celebrities like miley cyrus and katy perry supporting obombya right

I guess that you are trying to troll or something...but I can't understand that garbled post. Hopefully you are just drunk or something and not having a mini-stroke. Take care of yourself this Holiday.
edit on 27-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Because Trump supporters will buy ANYTHING associated with him, for as long as it is.

They're sheeple

If God didn't want them sheared he would not have made them sheep..

Funny enough, that was the Motto for Trump University as well

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

A sampling of Artists that refused invitations to participate in his inauguration despite his begging and offering of huge sums of cash...and reportedly even "ambassadorships"

ELTON JOHN
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
BRUNO MARS
KATY PERRY
GARTH BROOKS
ANDREA BOCELLI
KISS
CELINE DION
WASHINGTON, D.C.-AREA HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BANDS

www.thedailybeast.com...

Also ICE-T

"I just got call to perform at the Inauguration…. I didn't pick up and Blocked the number," he wrote earlier this month.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Yes...After being turned down by everyone he begged, he landed a competitor from "America's Got Talent"

She has sky-rocketed to the #1 position on Billboards CLASSICAL albums...displacing "Notte Magica: A Tribute to Three Tenors" and "Uncharted: The Piano Guys"..
www.billboard.com...

Somehow I do not think the folks that turned him down like Elton John and Justin Timberlake, are feeling like they missed out.

Good for her though. She will benefit from the exposure, whereas others would have suffered from the association.

I, for one, think it's impressive that she's the youngest solo artist to have her album go platinum.

Why does everyone think classical music is somehow inferior to pop, rock and rap music? It has many benefits, from sleeping better to feeling more calm and focused.
edit on 27-12-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Yes...After being turned down by everyone he begged, he landed a competitor from "America's Got Talent"

She has sky-rocketed to the #1 position on Billboards CLASSICAL albums...displacing "Notte Magica: A Tribute to Three Tenors" and "Uncharted: The Piano Guys"..
www.billboard.com...

Somehow I do not think the folks that turned him down like Elton John and Justin Timberlake, are feeling like they missed out.

Good for her though. She will benefit from the exposure, whereas others would have suffered from the association.

Why does everyone think classical music is somehow inferior to pop, rock and rap music?

Inferior is the wrong word...It depends on the artist and listener and their is no "right" answer in music taste.

I like Bocelli immensely..

But we are not discussing my taste in music. Trump asked all the artists I mention above before signing this girl...so we are discussing his taste in music.

She was signed because Mark Burnett ...The Producer of the Apprentice and Survivor etc. landed her via his Reality TV contacts...SO I assume Trump approved, but it was Burnett who recruited her.

Just sorting out the facts here.

AND...It is indisputable that this is an opportunity for someone unknown like her...where-as it is a detriment to folks with a massive fan-base that would risk losing over 50% of them.

How is that not logical?
edit on 27-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

A sampling of Artists that refused invitations to participate in his inauguration despite his begging and offering of huge sums of cash...and reportedly even "ambassadorships"

ELTON JOHN
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
BRUNO MARS
KATY PERRY
GARTH BROOKS
ANDREA BOCELLI
KISS
CELINE DION

www.thedailybeast.com...

That's funny, especially as the list includes fake news which you fell for - again. From your fake list, I really do like Andrea Bocelli - a friend of Trump's, by the way

I'm sure your new President will survive with Elton John and the like not being there. I can also see why he'd be the perfect hero for the left.

You should get some new sources of information.. after all, what you are reading led you to make the comment I cited:

I am not one for hyperbole...This is the blow that puts him to the mat. He might wobble for a couple more weeks, but his campaign is in turmoil and the match is over.
... wise words

edit on 27/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Amusing that he can't get a single 'big' name to support him. But not at all surprising.

Good luck to this girl - hope it's the making of her. I just hope she's not forever associated with Trump as a result - it'll damage her reputation. I assume she's doing it for money/career/love of singing, so fair play to her.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Jacki Evancho has been famous for quite a while, since she sang in "America's got Talent" I think. We already have 2 of her albums, she is amazing, and she started singing since she was a child, on national television when she was 10 years old, but she had the voice of an older woman.

A few years ago, 2011, I made a thread about her, and gave some links to some of her songs. Those links don't seem to work anymore, but search "America's got Talent Jackie Evancho" and you should be able to see the first time she was able to sing to the entire nation.

Here it is.

She has made at least 3 albums, if not more. She has also sang with other famous people like Andrea Bochelli, and she has also made appearances at "Britain's got talent".

edit on 27-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

She also played Robert Redford's daughter in The Company You Keep.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

ELTON JOHN
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
BRUNO MARS
KATY PERRY
GARTH BROOKS
ANDREA BOCELLI
KISS
CELINE DION

www.thedailybeast.com...

That's funny, especially as the list includes fake news which you fell for - again. From your fake list, I really do like Andrea Bocelli - a friend of Trump's, by the way

I'm sure your new President will survive with Elton John and the like not being there. I can also see why he'd be the perfect hero for the left.

You should get some new sources of information.. after all, what you are reading led you to make the comment I cited:

I am not one for hyperbole...This is the blow that puts him to the mat. He might wobble for a couple more weeks, but his campaign is in turmoil and the match is over.
... wise words

I laughed so hard because this is like catching him with his hand in his own "fake news" cookie jar.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yea... Trump MADE this little girl. Without singing for him, she would have been a nobody.

Except...

The first six of Evancho's studio albums (including her EP) charted on the Billboard 200, four of them in the top 15, and more than two dozen of her songs have charted on the U.S. Classical Digital Songs chart. Between November 2010 and October 2012, Evancho sold an estimated 2.1 million albums domestically. By 2015, she had sold over 3 million albums. Evancho has also released three live albums, all produced by PBS, based on three of her studio albums.
In September 2014, Evancho released her sixth studio album, Awakening. Awakening was her fifth consecutive release at No. 1 on the Billboard Classical Albums chart. On October 28, 2016, she released her seventh album, Someday at Christmas, which became her sixth consecutive No. 1 release on Billboard's Classical Albums Chart.

Yea right. She was doing outstandingly well before the Right started their attempt to co-opt her success.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Make a video of yourself singing and post it in the forums.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

She still has an amazing voice. Since I discovered her, my family and I listen to her albums on Christmas.

Good for her that she is singing at the inauguration.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Yea right. She was doing outstandingly well before the Right started their attempt to co-opt her success.

Yes. Many have followed her since America's Got Talent.

An incredible talent as her, is not sitting home waiting for the phone to ring.

Trump needs her, more then she needs Trump. 'Cuz she doesn't need Trump at all.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I have been considering that. I do want to stay anonymous on this site except for very close friends. So I have to figure out how to do that.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well, i'm glad to read someone in the entertainment industry had the balls to stand up and go against the grain of what the majority there were doing.

and it's awesome that she's being supported for her decision (by people buying her albums to show that support).

Respect the Office, if not the man holding it and raise above petty politics or we are all probably doomed.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What about the freedom kids? used and thrown out in the cold (like they should be at least this girl has talent)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think it's funny that Garth Brooks is on the list as refusing when he has been quoted to say he would sing if asked.

Taste of Country

Garth Brooks didn’t come out and publicly endorse anyone during the bitter 2016 presidential campaign, but now that it’s over, he says he would perform at the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump if he was invited.
“I don’t know … I haven’t been asked,” Brooks replied.

Pressed if it was possible if he was asked, Brooks said, “It’s always about serving. It’s what you do.”

Time

Andrea Bocelli: Rumors abounded that Bocelli would be performing, but Trump inauguration committee chairman Thomas J. Barrack, Jr. set the record straight: “The Bocellis came to him and said, ‘Look, if it would be helpful to you, if you would like us to perform, we would consider it. And Donald said: ‘You don’t need to. We’re not in that kind of a framework. Thanks very much for the offer. You’re my friend. You are always welcome at the White House.’”

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir: “Singing the music of America is one of the things we do best. We are honored to be able to serve our country by providing music for the inauguration of our next president,” Ron Jarrett, president of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, said.

So many Hollywood "A-listers" turned them down or said no before being asked but not all.

Again, who cares what Hollywood thinks? But let us at least post the truth!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Gene Simmons from KISS has stated they declined because they were already touring Europe.
edit on 28-12-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2016 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin declined because they have been voting Democrat for many years.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join