It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An anti-Trump movement is calling for the boycott of these 32 retailers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Maybe I will just go with whatever appeals to me and not what some left or right label tells me to like.

I mean!!!!

As if where I spend my dollars will be impacted by anyone but me and mine.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Gods news for trump affiliated stores:
Liberals are jobless hipster layabouts...
Conservatives have jobs...

Progressives boycotting stores is like blind people boycotting movies...

-Chris
edit on 21-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Let's say the boycott is successful.

Who will suffer?

Not Trump.

Just the people that will be laid off because of poor sales.

Way to "stick it to the man"!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

From the same basket of logic that says everyone in one race in particular is racist...or one sex, misogynist....bla, bla, bla...deny your privilege...etc.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Amazon!

Some heavy hitters on that list, does it really hit them even noticeably? Boycotts arent effective anymore because Corps are too big and people are less motivated these days.

link   
that's a heck of alot of jobs that might be affected buy such a large boycott. maybe reduce the list and just boycott the ones trump is directly related to?? ya know, the stores that are actually within his properties.

link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: DJW001
Actually, the "left" favors Gap and Mom-and-Pop stores. The "right" favors big box stores for the masses and Saks and Bloomingdale's for the elite.

"Actually, the "left" favors Gap and Mom-and-Pop stores. The "right" favors big box stores for the masses and Saks and Bloomingdale's for the elite."

I am a life long democrat who voted the straight republican ticket for the first time in my life this year... I guess I just don't know what store I should shop in...Maybe I will just go with whatever appeals to me and not what some left or right label tells me to like.

I was just thinking similar. So glad I'm not American, I'm so much "a little to the right", "a little to the left", "no where near the centre" - I'd be so lost as how I'm supposed to shop, or even behave......where to go, what to do...running around the perimeter of the circle instead of being stuffed in a box.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Given the number of people who will read the list and the small fraction who will stringently follow the recommendations, this will likely not have any measurable effect. This is a spiteful move on the part of a few. I think that many left wingers are ready to move on and play the cards dealt.

When can we expect all the Hollywoodian limousine liberals to leave the country as they threatened to do? Madonna must have been worn out and not met her quota in tight races.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
just boycott "Trump"....
go buy a newspaper or a magazine, sit down with it and go through and everytime the word "trump" is found, block if out and replace it with "that mean man in the white house" and then go to your local starbucks and get yourself a cup of coffee, when they ask for you name, give them the name clinton, sit down with your coffee and read you newpaper, and be kind, leave it for the next person in case they don't have their own newspaper to read!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

What would be REALLY cool is if these people would put their time into an actual worthwhile cause and try to raise funds to stop world hunger or something real.

What makes you think they're not?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

You mean the post where you erroneously assumed Ikanka's items are sold only at high-end retailers?

Stores like Marshall's sell last seasons leftover inventory at a discount.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That was a good laugh.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I got a better idea...just stop buying products made in Mexico/China which are sold in all retail stores?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I got a better idea...just stop buying products made in Mexico/China which are sold in all retail stores?

I have been boycotting Chinese goods for years. (I have a fondness for Mexican Coca-Cola and certain agricultural products. That's why I like NAFTA.)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Who will suffer?

Not Trump.

If you read the link, the idea is to threaten a boycott so that the stores will stop carrying Trump branded merchandise.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Calling for a boycott a week before Black Friday.

Teh Lulz level overwhelmeth.

I predict record sales for all companies involved in BF.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
How about if the pro-Trump lobby boycott the buying the recordings and performances of all those anti-democracy music industry employees who internationally disgraced the USA at the embarrassing self-congratulation fest in LA last night.
edit on 21-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Who will suffer?

Not Trump.

If you read the link, the idea is to threaten a boycott so that the stores will stop carrying Trump branded merchandise.

Oh. If it's just a threat of a boycott, then that's a serious "burn" (as the kids say) and would be worse than an actual boycott.

I bet people will even start to Tweet that. (That makes it serious real)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Off topic and not trying to be an idiot, but the quote in your signature is from, "The Stainless Steel Rat Saves the World"
By Harry Harrison.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I don`t see Wal-Mart on the list so it looks like the leftys will still be able to shop at their favorite retailer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join