It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and Russia 'will go to war' unless proxy Syria conflict resolved, Turkey warns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmuş has warned that the “proxy wars” in the Middle East between the US and Russia could signal the reemergence of world-wide conflict between the two Cold War superpowers.

The complex five-and-a-half-year long Syrian civil war is on the brink of becoming a “wider regional war,” he said in an interview with state-run Anadolou News Agency on Wednesday.

“If this proxy war continues, after this, let me be clear, America and Russia will come to a point of war,” Mr Kurtulmuş said.
SOURCE

I came to the same conclusion recently, and I'm on record posting it here. This thread could be a good chance for predictions.

My prediction is that the next U.S. election will determine it. Trump is a fan of Putin; Clinton seems very anti-Russian, anti-Assad. Could the next U.S. election determine the fate of the world?

I hate to be melodramatic, but the fact is that with a Clinton presidency, we may not be here in two years. Enjoy every moment is my advice.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It takes 2 to tango... Which means the United States is not the only country whose actions have an impact on the larger picture. Constantly threatening the use of nukes by Russia, along with their latest attempt at blackmail by trying to tell the US they will only return to the nuclear weapon agreement if the US ends sanctions on Russia, is a non starter.

Appeasement did not work at Munich and I think Putin will find it wont work here either. If they want sanctions removed then withdraw Russian forces from Ukrainian territory, including Crimea.

In case Putin missed it the reaction to whats occurring in Aleppo is from more than just the US. Several countries have called out Russian action, including its destruction of the UN / Red C resent aid convoy.

If a war between the US and Russia occurs, both sides will be to blame.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I hate to be melodramatic, but the fact is that with a Clinton presidency, we may not be here in two years. Enjoy every moment is my advice.

Good advice things are happening very fast. With Clinton in charge it's game over and people just don't get it....

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Let us go to war with Russia. I find it helps the economy, social conditions, and technological advances.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Unless, of course, we lose.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If they want sanctions removed then withdraw Russian forces from Ukrainian territory, including Crimea. 

That sounds like blackmail.

Lets stop pretending that the US really gives a damn about Ukraine and the Russian territory of Crimea. The US is securing pipeline interests and poked Russia in the eye for getting in the way in Syria.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No reason is needed for the US to go to war. Not even fake evidence. Just a pissing contest is sufficient to declare war it seems.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It takes 2 to tango... Which means the United States is not the only country whose actions have an impact on the larger picture. Constantly threatening the use of nukes by Russia, along with their latest attempt at blackmail by trying to tell the US they will only return to the nuclear weapon agreement if the US ends sanctions on Russia, is a non starter.

Appeasement did not work at Munich and I think Putin will find it wont work here either. If they want sanctions removed then withdraw Russian forces from Ukrainian territory, including Crimea.

In case Putin missed it the reaction to whats occurring in Aleppo is from more than just the US. Several countries have called out Russian action, including its destruction of the UN / Red C resent aid convoy.

A little bit of appeasement before hyperinflation during the 1920s might have worked. Once that happened, everything was already set in stone.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You'd think Trump would say something about it, maybe in the last debate. He could promise peace with Russia and make people scared about imminent war. Sounds like a solid play to me. We'll see.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Russians don't screw around like American's do,they speak directly,he gave a fair warning of what will happen,if Hillary is in office she already said she would use nukes,in that case,yes game over no more worries unless your in fallout area

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
well i dont think that a third world war will come as i myself think that no one as the BIG BALLS to start one so i dont care what every one writes about world war 3 coming as i no its NOT going to start FULL STOP .......so happy days every one

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

If they want sanctions removed then withdraw Russian forces from Ukrainian territory, including Crimea. 

Lets stop pretending that the US really gives a damn about Ukraine and the Russian territory of Crimea. The US is securing pipeline interests and poked Russia in the eye for getting in the way in Syria.

No not blackmail.. Secondly the US is not the only country calling for Russia to remove its forces from Ukraine, including Crimea. Only a weak minded Russian apologist would try to argue an armed invasion of Ukraine by Russia and the international community demanding Russia remove its forces from Ukraine are blackmail.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
A little bit of appeasement before hyperinflation during the 1920s might have worked. Once that happened, everything was already set in stone.

Appeasement to a delusional leader results in that leader wanting more and more until we end up with war. We see Putin doing the very same thing Hitler did. Considering the latest attempt by Putin to rewrite history by claiming they were never allied with the NAZI's and that they never invaded Poland is further evidence of just how insane Putin is becoming.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Russians don't screw around like American's do,they speak directly,he gave a fair warning of what will happen,if Hillary is in office she already said she would use nukes,in that case,yes game over no more worries unless your in fallout area

Yeah they do and we have been seeing it out of Putin for several years now. Secondly Putin is the one who started the nuke talks so a presidential candidate responding to a Russian nuke threat with their own is understandable.

A concept Putin doesnt seem to understand.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
"If a war between the US and Russia occurs, both sides will be to blame"

BS
Russia hasn't placed economic sanction upon the United states because of it's illegal actions around the globe ( the list is huge)

Russia hasn't attacked a US defence treaty ally, nor is it conducting air and ground operations and insanely asking for permission for a no fly zone upon their land.

It isn't running Pr and whimpering to the UN for/over an illegal group who's primary goal (besides killing civilian's and creating a migrant crisis) is the overthrow a sovereign government.

Russia isn't a party to a 28 nation military alliance who's DNA is to isolate and defeat the USA.

Russia isn't installing a missile shield (defensive AND offensive) on the continental United states and it doesn't run air and media cover for ISIS or Al-Qaeda.

edit on 13-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Yet Russia is the one threatening nukes and war where as the US is not.

If Putin is feeling froggy then he should jump and see where he lands.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

No not blackmail.. Secondly the US is not the only country calling for Russia to remove its forces from Ukraine, including Crimea. Only a weak minded Russian apologist would try to argue an armed invasion of Ukraine by Russia and the international community demanding Russia remove its forces from Ukraine are blackmail.

Only a crooked ex cop would condone blackmail and extortion as trade for trumped up charges.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Precisely what Putin is doing although he is KGB and not real law enforcement. I am surprised you saw that.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

To be fair to Russia, their nuclear arsenal is the only thing keeping them in a balance of power with us. If they did not have the nuclear option to fall back on, we would've taken Russia a long time ago. They are backed in the corner by the US now, and unfortunately their only chip left is nukes, but I can't blame someone when they are backed into a corner like an animal with no way out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join