It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I think he was trying to be sarcastic with that statement. As many people on ATS have pointed out in the many threads about blacks getting shot by police, if they weren't committing crimes and resisting arrest many of them would still be alive today. Its not always momma's little baby getting shot for no reason. Sometimes the reason is valid - criminal behavior. But it all gets swept into the category of racism. Those are the lies he is referring to.

When he says the skin color is responsible for their actions he is sarcastically saying that its not the police who are just targeting you because you are black, it is your actions that get them after you. And when black people say it is entirely because of the color of their skin he turns it around on them and says, "OK, you commit these crimes because of the color of your skin like its beyond your control and you shouldn't be held accountable for it."

Was it a stupid thing to say? Absolutely. But if you read between the lines what he is really saying is, "If you don't want to be targeted by police stop committing crimes and blaming your arrest (or worse) on racism."

Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I know there are real examples of racism among law enforcement toward blacks. Just as I know there are examples of blacks committing racist hate crimes against white people and blaming their subsequent arrest on nothing but racism.

If a poster on ATS can explain the alleged intent of the Nuge better than the man himself, what does that say.

*I starred this post because Vrooms effort, not necessarily the content.

If that's what he meant, he should have said it. I don't believe it though.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

He doesn't really believe it's a skin disease. He was being facetious. He made an observation about black people and their apparent need to feel oppressed.
Everything else he said was spot on. Yeah Ted's full of himself. All rock stars are full of themselves. But by getting offended by this you're just acting like a generation of snowflakes and proving him right

Hey! So your takeaway from this is: the offensive part is the lame racist joke. Cool.

For me there is no offence. It's a profound sadness. I'm sad that so many here are either agreeing, making excuses or bending over backwards to defend it. It's not a good look.

I addressed the allegedly offensive line in the TITLE of this thread. If I'm wrong for thinking that was the offensive part because it was the only part mentioned in the TITLE of this thread, then please,please, please enlighten me.

So, you get all the information of the thread just by reading the title and then posting your hot take on it?

This is a problem. It's no way to live your life.
Nope. Wrong again. If your attention span was longer than a goldfish's, you would remember I said everything else he said was spot on. Troll somewhere else

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Ted puts out some excellent RnR, or used to at any rate.

On anything else he's just some dude with a big mouth. He has the full right to mouth off. Just because he plays (or played) good RnR doesn't mean he knows anything about anything else.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

And "rock star", oh please. He's a washed up ole has been, and wasn't that much a celebrity even in his good ole days.

It fi

Well he's got a net worth of $20 million, has songs on the radio, flies in private jets, plays in stadiums. But angeldoll doesn't like him so that makes me wrong for calling him a rock star.
Angeldoll is offended by Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent is oblivious to angeldolls existence.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And "rock star", oh please. He's a washed up ole has been, and wasn't that much a celebrity even in his good ole days.

It fi

Well he's got a net wort of $20 million, has songs on the radio, flies in private jets, plays in stadiums. But angeldoll doesn't like him so that makes me wrong for calling him a rock star.
Angeldoll is offended by Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent is oblivious to angeldolls existence.

Okay then. He's got 20 million, songs on the radio, so that makes it okay, I forgot. You must be a white wealthy guy too, right? You are easily impressed I see, because those things don't impress me much. At least not enough to dismiss a hateful spirit.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It fi

Well he's got a net wort of $20 million, has songs on the radio, flies in private jets, plays in stadiums. But angeldoll doesn't like him so that makes me wrong for calling him a rock star.

Okay then. He's got 20 million, songs on the radio, so that makes it okay, I forgot.
No. It makes him a rock star. Nothing more, nothing less. What you forgot is that I said rock stars were full of themselves. You said "oh please" he's not a rockstar he's a washed up has been. But when faced with the facts you change the argument.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It fi

Okay then. He's got 20 million, songs on the radio, so that makes it okay, I forgot.
No. It makes him a rock star. Nothing more, nothing less.

so called "rock stars" (gag, because he ain't no rock star) can't be stupid hate-filled bigots who parade ignorance and bigotry around like it has value? Apparently it does have value to you? Oh, you and the golden toileted one.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

A racist rock star.
Thing is many will agree with him and buy his next record.
So we shouldn't give him the time of day. He is part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ah, yes, Ted Nugent...

I can see what he's trying to say. I support his right to say it. I think he's got a terminal case of foot-in-mouth disease that makes him incapable of saying it clearly. Skin disease? Really?

I think ol' Ted needs medication. He's always been a bit of a loose cannon, ever since he quit playing music. I've heard a few things come out of his mouth that I agreed with, way back when, but lately his comments have been getting out there. I am starting to wonder if the boy isn't getting dementia or Alzheimer's. There's no way I can agree with him on this statement... it's completely insensitive and insulting.

Here's the thing: he has the right to say it. I (along with everyone else) have the right to shake my head in disgust and ignore him, or to speak out against him. If I thought for one moment that enough people to matter were taking him seriously, I would speak out against him, but I don't think that. I think he's just a confused old man, so I'll shake my head in disgust and ignore him.

There are some statements in this thread that are not made by deluded old men and that are being taken too seriously by too many, though. "Of course he said that, because he's a Republican." Prejudiced much? Trying to paint a group with a broad brush Much? There's the dangerous racism: trying to get one group to fight another over a damn silly label. It's every bit as bad as what Nugent said, and worse because so many are saying it. If you are one of those, I invite you to turn up the volume for a few moments:

Yeah, ol' Ted can say it.

No, I don't agree with it.

Yes, it was racist.

No, I don't think it's a big deal. It's just one old man's delusional rambling.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

A racist rock star.
Thing is many will agree with him and buy his next record.
So we shouldn't give him the time of day. He is part of the problem.

Maybe, maybe not. Don't get me wrong, I dislike Ted for legitimate reasons. He faked insanity to dodge the draft. He had a relationship with a 14 year old girl. But I fail to see where he was wrong or racist ( or at least any more racist than any black speaker or comedian) in anything he said in this thread

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I see you edited your post. Apparently we define "rock star" differently. To me, Ted Nugent is nothing but a big mouthed old redneck who wears his ignorance like a crown. Bigotry is born from ignorance. He is an ignorant old washed up redneck. That's all he is to me. He too stupid to know how stupid he is.

Bored now. I'm done.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Please don't call him a redneck. I consider that an insult.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Nice! I can't believe it took this long to be finally called a troll. And I like the goldfish line! A1

But, hey, go ahead. Suit your needs, man. You seem to know what you're doing!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I see you edited your post. Apparently we define "rock star" differently. To me, Ted Nugent is nothing but a big mouthed old redneck who wears his ignorance like a crown. Bigotry is born from ignorance. He is an ignorant old washed up redneck. That's all he is to me. He too stupid to know how stupid he is.

Bored now. I'm done.

Haha! Yep. He is a big mouthed old redneck that can be pretty stupid. But he's still a rock star and rock stars often overestimate their own importance. Btw, how do you define rockstar? I define it by the $20 million he made from his rock songs. You get bored as soon as we're in agreement about something. Tara Dublin, is that you?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
He gets attention these days by saying stupid stuff,any publicity is good publicity

He's not a bad guitarist and I spose he has a few hits

The Draft dodging and the underage girls rumours that has hung over him for a long time certainly do him no favours

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry I read the op again...how is it not racist?.
To deny that it is not bewilders me.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sorry I read the op again...how is it not racist?.
To deny that it is not bewilders me.

It's their freedom of speech that they equate to be the right to insult someone verbally and not get a good slap round the chops in reply

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I wouldn't want to stop any freedom of speech...I like people to speak their mind and be truthful so I can get a better judgement of their character.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: TheBulk

Why do you think this happened? could be to do with racists making sure you are all kept apart, the lack of education the poverty these guys grow up in. The problem isn't because they are black it is to do with all I have just mentioned.

All nothing but excuses. Lots of groups grow up in poverty in this country but only one of those groups disproportionately commit violent crime. Why is that? I don't know, but your excuses don't get us any closer to understanding.

Maybe the Ghetto Democrat created and controlled areas they grow up in has disproportionate numbers of violent gangs that they have to pass through, forced to take part in, on their journey to adulthood.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think when he's talking skin disease in black people he's talking about those blacks that only think in terms of skin color. All day long it's black lives matter but we'll beat your ass if you say any other lives matter. Some black people refuse to stand for the flag over some distant past wrong for which no one living today had any part in, or for some other blacks being shot by cops for pointing guns at them and disobeying lawful orders given to them by the police. These are very racist people. It's not to say that some white folk don't have the skin disease as well and only think in terms of white only.

TN was addressing what he sees as a big problem. This tiny group of racist people are not doing any good and only adding insult to injury. It's not a bad thing to be black or white. Just accept it for what it is and get along by not hating the other for past wrongs, present actions, and unintended consequences. Acceptance of everyone as a person is the key. Now, can we all just get along?

edit on 6-10-2016 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join